Author Topic: Spurs miss out on defender Vlaar  (Read 130 times)

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
Spurs miss out on defender Vlaar
« on: December 28, 2005, 01:05:13 PM »

Spurs miss out on defender Vlaar

Tottenham have missed out on AZ Alkmaar centre-back Ron Vlaar after he decided to sign for Feyenoord instead.

Spurs agreed a £1.7m fee for Vlaar, 20, last week, and he had talks in London, but Vlaar has agreed a three-and-a-half year deal with Feyenoord.

"It was my preference to play for a big Dutch club so when Feyenoord called I didn't really have to think for too long," said Vlaar.

Feyenoord are third in the Dutch first division behind PSV and Alkmaar.

Last week AZ confirmed in a statement: "AZ have reached agreement with Tottenham. Ron has spoken to the English club. In the coming days he will make a decision."

Vlaar has played only 11 first-team games for Dutch league leaders AZ and has been in and out of their first team this season.

But national coach Marco van Basten has great faith in the youngster's potential and he has been capped twice for the Netherlands.

Ajax were at one time the favourites to sign Vlaar, who has been described as the new Jaap Stam, before negotiations broke down.

Vlaar was a member of the Dutch team at the Fifa World Youth Championship this summer and has played in Europe for AZ this season as well as making his full international debut.
NO MORE WAR

mauzip

Re: Spurs miss out on defender Vlaar
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005, 01:06:24 PM »
this news is almost 2 days old

good news for DubCC's favorite team though ;D

Jome

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2005, 09:19:26 PM »

Word, going to a rival instead of a team in another country, yeah I'll say.  :eh:

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2005, 03:29:23 AM »

Word, going to a rival instead of a team in another country, yeah I'll say.  :eh: