Author Topic: 50 wants to be movie producer  (Read 161 times)

Miss NWA Whoorider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Suge Knight workson the streets as my HO
50 wants to be movie producer
« on: December 22, 2005, 11:15:14 AM »
50 signs movie development deal; Moby rips into Eminem again; Dylan to become a DJ.
50 Cent
Photo: Zach Gold/Interscope 

50 Cent isn't content to be a music and movie star — he also wants to be a movie producer. The rapper told MTV Europe that he's just completed a development deal to produce films. "When I come across a screenplay that's as exciting as my

life story, then I will commit to it," he said. 50's already planning to turn his forthcoming G-Unit series of street fiction books into DVD films, if not theatrical releases, shortly after they are published in 2007. ... Meanwhile, 50 and Dr. Dre are facing a copyright-infringement suit, which was filed last week in Manhattan federal court in New York. Janine Gordon, who also goes by JahJah, claims that 50 and Dre borrowed from three of her songs ("Poppin' at Da Club," "Crazy Dreams" and "Hardcore") for The Massacre. ...

It's been more than four years since Moby ripped into Eminem over lyrics the clean-domed DJ deemed "homophobic and misogynistic," and though it appeared the feud was all but over, someone forgot to tell Moby. In a December 6 journal entry on his Web site, Moby again takes Em to task, writing about a recent murder trial in England in which an avid Eminem fan, Christopher Duncan, pleaded guilty to murdering his girlfriend and then stuffing her into a suitcase just hours after performing the rapper's songs in a London karaoke bar. "Now we find out that a British man who is obsessed with Eminem killed a woman with a metal baseball bat and stuffed her body into a suitcase," Moby wrote. "Maybe there's no connection, maybe there is. It's disgusting that we even have to ask that question. ... It's disgusting that people in the media have celebrated musicians who write lyrics that glorify misogyny and homophobia." ... Mike Shinoda will take his Fort Minor side project on the road next year, beginning January 28 in Minneapolis and wrapping up February 9 in Atlanta. Shinoda will be backed by a 10-piece band and will perform some Linkin Park tracks "Fort Minor style," according to his spokesperson. ...

don't quote mre boy I ain't said shit "yet"

Eihtball

Re: 50 wants to be movie producer
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2005, 12:21:03 PM »
Uh, oh...a whole bunch of direct-to-DVD gangsta flicks starring G-Unit's members.  Then again, it seems as though every big rap dynasty has tried it out at some point (Master P and No Limit, Snoop and Doggystyle Records, Jay-Z and Roc-A-Fella, etc.), so it's not surprising.  But come on, 50's "acting career" was DOA with his first movie.

Miss NWA Whoorider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Suge Knight workson the streets as my HO
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2005, 01:10:25 PM »
hell yes I agree,But I want to see dre do the m,ovies,he is pretty good...................(the Wash)and I can think of one where cube was very good(are we there yet)50 does it he might mess it up..............
don't quote mre boy I ain't said shit "yet"

Mygla

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2005, 05:53:49 PM »
about that Eminem/Moby thing:

i just recently saw a newsbit or something, where Moby propped the fuck out of Eminem...

Sikotic™

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2005, 06:18:19 PM »
50 should stick to what he does best.........wait, what does he do best?
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2005, 08:21:21 PM »
get shot?

westkoastanostra

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2005, 12:08:41 AM »

sing hooks

wcsoldier

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2005, 12:12:49 AM »
the  thing is that comment is valid for a lot of rappers . That's one of the reason rap sucks more and more. There is no focus on music

SCRIP1ONER

• 'G'
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2005, 04:04:43 AM »
get shot?