Author Topic: Tha Row on cover of new XXL (out now)  (Read 851 times)

Quadruple OG

Re: Tha Row on cover of new XXL (out now)
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2002, 01:39:16 AM »
i checked the riaa website, and Bad Azz didn't go gold.  the number of albums he really sold is between 250,000 and 350,000.  And since u are probably gonna doubt this, The Wash soundtrack was listed on there as going gold.

Mota

« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2002, 02:49:36 AM »
How many copies for BONES OST?

Hey,look at it....this is my 213 post. ;D
I represnt the 213!

tsl

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2002, 03:24:33 AM »
I wonder from how many stories up Suge and his boys were dangling Kurupt when they forced him to sign with Tha Row.  There is no denying that Crooked I and Kurupt have talent, but this is coming from the same label that made the bitch moves of developing designer imposter versions of their departed and dead stars (what ever happened to "Tha Realest" and "Topp Dogg" anyway?).  How much faith can you have in Kurupt after that absolutely horrible guest shot on that Nate remix -he's so bad that he actually gets ripped by that punk Fabolus.  I used to think that no one in the game ripped it like Kurupt (and on about one or two tracks on each of his solo albums he still proves he's got it - too bad it's one or two tracks out of 16 or 17), but no one can say that he's still hungry like he was on Dogg Food - maybe-hopefully-he'll prove me wrong, but I don't expect much.  Anyone who wants to know how Suge likes to conduct business, read Have Gun, Will Travel by Ronin Ro.  It has a lot of behind the scenes information about Death Row's golden period.  

LIL GUY

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2002, 05:36:20 AM »
HOW CAN SUGE SAY NO ONE FROM DPG CAN SEE KURUPT ON THE MIC WHEN SNOOP SHITED ALL OVER HIM ON HIS OWN ALBUM. IM TALKIN BOUT "BRING BACK THAT G SHIT".  KURUPT IS DEAD IM SORRY BUT DEAD.  THE ONLY GOOD THING ABOUT SPACE BOOGIE WAS FRED WRECK. IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN CALLED FRED WRECK FT. KURUPT. HE SOLD LESS RECORDS THAN BAD AZZ. SO REALLY WHAT GOOD DID SUGE DO IN SIGNING HIM ANYWAY.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

TOOTHBRUSH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • dpg production
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2002, 11:45:53 AM »
the only good suge did was to take him from snoop and dre.....so now he could make a little more contraversy............kurupts talanted but i don't think he's ever gonna sell much again and even if he did he's got 2 albums on antra.....he also better step up his lyrics cause he's not gonna have any fredwreck beats to save him on this one
"its tha pimp of tha crew soopafly comin through wit a dick and a couple balls just to name a few"-soopafly

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2002, 12:24:52 PM »

Yo this is something I was wondering the other day....If Kurupt owe's Antra 2 more lp's to meet up to contractual obligation, could he insted release his next album's under the moniker of Tha Row/Antra and get out of his deal by having both distribute the cd.
Antra will get their lp's he owe's them, Don't think anyone would go for that one tho.
But shitt I bet Kurupt would like that shitt as aposed to have to record like 3 albums in a year or 2. (Which I beleive is every hip-hop head's time limit pretty much)

Just thinkin'
Holla
Hatesrats 2oo2

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2002, 04:54:11 PM »

Of course you don't whatever Snoop don't like you don't like.

wow, bitch shut the fuck up !

and riaa and soundscan is bullshit , i don't trust em', call the labels
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"                                   

- Look here bitch you're fine and i dig your style...-

Quadruple OG

« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2002, 05:04:18 PM »

and riaa and soundscan is bullshit , i don't trust em', call the labels

and you think the labels won't bullshit you with their figures?

The Watcher

« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2002, 05:13:45 PM »
or, he could do a Defari ala Billy The Kid & release them under another name.. or he might be signed as part of a group, not a solo artist, or he could put out an album full of leftovers (if he has any).
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden