Author Topic: "High Tension" is a REAL horror movie...Crazy must-see film!  (Read 345 times)

Glendale

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
Re: "High Tension" is a REAL horror movie...Crazy must-see film!
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2005, 06:11:38 PM »
okay i am one of the four people my bro watched this movie with, all because some of you so adamantly suggested it. after reading some of your responses i am absolutely flabbergasted that you consider yourselves able to even debate how this piece of shit film is justified to be called a REAL horror movie. i don't even know where to begin it was so bad. okay first thing that comes to mind is that lead actress. the french bulldyke was a horrible terrible person to play the main character. the bitch just was not even somewhat believable in the role. i totally laughed out loud in the end when she was all about that dark haired chick, like she was so in love with the girl she killed her whole fam to impress her, i mean what kind of premise is that for a story anyway. to begin with, what the hell was the point in the whole masturbating scene, totally no point. yes the movie had not much dialogue, but when they did conversate, the script was atrocious. total garbage. a fourth grader could have written better correspondence between the character than this crap movie provided. there was no solid background to develop a connection to any of the characters, so none were relatable whatsoever. so many intricate plot details were missing and never provided. the whole story had holes everywhere and did not tie up well in the end. so she went schizo, multiple personality disorder, crazy obsessed psycho, whatever. that does not explain the point of that crazy trucker dude persona she took on nor how it was possible both the truck and car she took from the gas station flipped and they battled each other and so on. i mean what the hell was the point of all that. and her inhuman strength throughout the whole movie was just rediculious. if the part in the end where the other chick somehow jumped out of the car with that huge glass shard in her foot so quickly was even a tiny microscopic bit believable it may have made up for the crazy weird character of the crazy frenchy lesbo. none of the characters had any depth, the plot line was indeed predictable and not a suspense thriller as it was claimed to be, no parts in it made me jump or cover my eyes, except for the grossness of a couple of scenes because the blood being dispursed was just released at such a huge amount i couldn't help but cringe. other than that, the way the movie was shot was really not that impressive. i don't care how much they spent on production or special affects, it did not make up for its stupid script, horrible acting, or what little substance the film actually contained. two thumbs down. boo on this movie and boo to anyone who actually hyped it up. get some standards.
"Got niggas head's dividin faster than nerds at a calculus convention/see i school niggas, then i afterschool niggas like detention." -  Ras Kass   

"You got Soldiers, but you still Gotta respect ours, We got more 'Four Fives and Nines' than A deck of cards" - L. Banks

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2005, 07:16:57 PM »
You're just not a horror fan.

eKardz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I bleed red white and blue, I am a New York Ranger
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2006, 02:50:12 AM »
okay i am one of the four people my bro watched this movie with, all because some of you so adamantly suggested it. after reading some of your responses i am absolutely flabbergasted that you consider yourselves able to even debate how this piece of shit film is justified to be called a REAL horror movie. i don't even know where to begin it was so bad. okay first thing that comes to mind is that lead actress. the french bulldyke was a horrible terrible person to play the main character. the bitch just was not even somewhat believable in the role. i totally laughed out loud in the end when she was all about that dark haired chick, like she was so in love with the girl she killed her whole fam to impress her, i mean what kind of premise is that for a story anyway. to begin with, what the hell was the point in the whole masturbating scene, totally no point. yes the movie had not much dialogue, but when they did conversate, the script was atrocious. total garbage. a fourth grader could have written better correspondence between the character than this crap movie provided. there was no solid background to develop a connection to any of the characters, so none were relatable whatsoever. so many intricate plot details were missing and never provided. the whole story had holes everywhere and did not tie up well in the end. so she went schizo, multiple personality disorder, crazy obsessed psycho, whatever. that does not explain the point of that crazy trucker dude persona she took on nor how it was possible both the truck and car she took from the gas station flipped and they battled each other and so on. i mean what the hell was the point of all that. and her inhuman strength throughout the whole movie was just rediculious. if the part in the end where the other chick somehow jumped out of the car with that huge glass shard in her foot so quickly was even a tiny microscopic bit believable it may have made up for the crazy weird character of the crazy frenchy lesbo. none of the characters had any depth, the plot line was indeed predictable and not a suspense thriller as it was claimed to be, no parts in it made me jump or cover my eyes, except for the grossness of a couple of scenes because the blood being dispursed was just released at such a huge amount i couldn't help but cringe. other than that, the way the movie was shot was really not that impressive. i don't care how much they spent on production or special affects, it did not make up for its stupid script, horrible acting, or what little substance the film actually contained. two thumbs down. boo on this movie and boo to anyone who actually hyped it up. get some standards.
this rant sucks

ur a jackass, and a dumb one at that.  it was obvious from the opening scene that marie loved alex, when they were riding in the car.  right away u got the feeling the way she kept saying all the shit about her and going out with and fucking guys, you could tell that marie wanted alex.
thats a great premise for a story, because she is a fucking psycho.  she wanted to be alex's hero so she would fall in love with her.  so she created this male character in her mind and he killed the family and what not.  she wanted to save alex.  be the hero so she would fall in love with her.
there was a great point in the masturebating scene.  remember when marie went out on the swing and smoked that cigarette.  well, she never really came back in.  she was watching alex in the shower.  and then imagined herself going inside and fingering herself.  but the only time that she came in was when she killed the family.
She never really took the yellow car obviously since she was driving the car that alex was in.  She just had to imagine that she was running to her rescue.  She was really with her, driving the truck.
She only had such strength when she was a man.  Even right in the beginning she couldnt move the dresser to block the door.  She couldnt block the door because he had to come in, he had to look for her.

ghettoplaya623

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2006, 02:38:31 PM »
dis movie is pretty good. saw it with my friends when it came out

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2006, 03:24:22 PM »

Wow...Once again, I believe the movie was too much for your simple mind. The chase scene with the car and the van was obviously a fragment of her imagination, how you failed to pick that up is really something...You don't sound completely retarded or anything, it just seems to me as if you didn't really get the movie and therefore lost all hope of even enjoying the premise...Sorry you didn't like it. Most people, especially true horror fans, really can appreciate a movie like this...It's so retro, yet it's got a completely different feel to it at the same time...I believe that the production was not only great, but produced by some French ass muthafuckaz who know their horror...You, like Javy said, must simply not be a horror fan...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2006, 03:25:45 PM »
this rant sucks

ur a jackass, and a dumb one at that.  it was obvious from the opening scene that marie loved alex, when they were riding in the car.  right away u got the feeling the way she kept saying all the shit about her and going out with and fucking guys, you could tell that marie wanted alex.
thats a great premise for a story, because she is a fucking psycho.  she wanted to be alex's hero so she would fall in love with her.  so she created this male character in her mind and he killed the family and what not.  she wanted to save alex.  be the hero so she would fall in love with her.
there was a great point in the masturebating scene.  remember when marie went out on the swing and smoked that cigarette.  well, she never really came back in.  she was watching alex in the shower.  and then imagined herself going inside and fingering herself.  but the only time that she came in was when she killed the family.
She never really took the yellow car obviously since she was driving the car that alex was in.  She just had to imagine that she was running to her rescue.  She was really with her, driving the truck.
She only had such strength when she was a man.  Even right in the beginning she couldnt move the dresser to block the door.  She couldnt block the door because he had to come in, he had to look for her.

Thank you!...You basically just broke it down for him, since he didn't really seem to get it...LOL

ecrazy

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2006, 06:17:40 PM »
Ive seen this, Its Was Awesome, Very Gruesome, only thing that killed it was the bad dubbing, i wish the movie was in engligh, oh well

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2006, 09:21:25 AM »
Ive seen this, Its Was Awesome, Very Gruesome, only thing that killed it was the bad dubbing, i wish the movie was in engligh, oh well

The thing I don't get is why people care about the dubbing? There is BARELY any dialogue and the movie is originally in French anyways...The dubbing is just an extra, which can be turned off on the DVD feature. Watch it with subtitles if the "horrible dubbings" bothers you (I don't even think they were THAT bad)...