Author Topic: Is Ice T from Compton/LA or Jersey?  (Read 824 times)

Eihtball

Re: Is Ice T from Compton/LA or Jersey?
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2005, 07:15:23 AM »
Ice T was a Harlem Crip Rollin 30s. He never put in actual work for the set, but he was affiliated always.
C Loc Simpsons book mentions this, cuz T wrote the intro. He talks about being blued up and shit.

You niggaz need to make up your mind.

Man, I'm telling you, Ice-T has no real gang background.  Having an "affiliation" with a gang is not the same thing as being a member of that set - Ice-T has said himself (as I mentioned before) that he has lots of affiliations with Crip and Blood gangs throughout L.A., so the Rollin' 30s' might be one.  But that don't actually make him a Rollin' 30 member.

Trust me, T is NOT actually a Crip, or a Blood.  If he really were claiming any particular hood, he wouldn't be hanging out all the time with so many rival sets.  Besides, most gangsta rappers in general aren't actually real gangstas.  Yeah, there are exceptions (Snoop, The Game, DJ Quik, etc.), but in my experience, the majority of rappers who claim to be gang members can't prove they ever did dirt for the turf.  The funniest to me was WC - I'm amazed to this day that people think he was NHC, when he folded under pressure and admitted Alejandro Alonso that he'd never banged.

makaveli11

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2005, 06:45:58 PM »
^R u sayin that WC never banged? :o...damn I thought he was one of realest, hardest crip rapper too...
Picture Perfection Pursuin Paper with a Passion

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2005, 10:03:07 PM »
Yeah i heard some where else that WC never banged

but man, Ice T is a crip. the guy said it himself in his own words. check c loc simpsons book out,
ice t was from rollin 30s hood. he was a crip. he said he never put in work proper, so really he was never a banger, but hes affiliated with em. he talks about being blued up. crenshaw high
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2005, 10:26:59 PM »
Don't know about Ice-T's color affiliation, but he's still an OG.  You don't hear him mentioned alongside a lot of other westcoast legends, but he def deserves his place.  Somebody needs to do a mass hookup 8)

Eihtball

« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2005, 12:53:57 PM »
^R u sayin that WC never banged? :o...damn I thought he was one of realest, hardest crip rapper too...

Same here; I even thought he repped 111 NHC with those three braids in his beard.  Furthermore, I've seen him hanging with NHCs' before, but he's still confessed that he never actually banged with them.  It kinda makes "The Streets" a hypocritical song, since he and Snoop were telling marks not to C-walk if they weren't Crippin, and yet he ain't even Crippin himself.

but man, Ice T is a crip. the guy said it himself in his own words. check c loc simpsons book out,
ice t was from rollin 30s hood. he was a crip. he said he never put in work proper, so really he was never a banger, but hes affiliated with em. he talks about being blued up. crenshaw high

I've told you, man - being "affiliated" with a gang ain't the same thing as being "from" there.  You may "stay at" that hood, but you don't have the right to say you're "from" that hood until you've put in work and get your ass put on.  When I was a lot younger (many years ago now), my older brother and I used to hang with the homies from Southside Village, and we often went to their parties, ran errands for them, went to school with them, shit like that.  You might say I was "affiliated" with them in that respect.  But that doesn't mean I tell people I was a Southside Village Crip...cause I wasn't.  I never did dirt for the truf, I never banged, nothing like that; was square.  I seriously doubt Ice-T even had much of an affiliation.  I can usually tell which rappers were Crippin just by the way they talk, and he doesn't strike me as the kinda person who could've really been a Loc...I think he does that for publicity and credibility.  He may be a respected O.G. in the rap game, but that ain't the same thing as being an O.G. on the streets.

It's kinda funny to me that West Coast rappers never used to talk about what sets they claimed (or supposedly claimed) at all, because if they bragged about being Crips or Bloods, the niggas from the rival sets wouldn't touch their shit, and that would just limit their paper - they had to be ambiguous about their gang affiliations.  Then around 2000, the C-walking shit became popular, and Tha Eastsidaz did the Crip Hop thing and went Platinum, and everyone was like, "Damn, this Crippin' shit sells".  And that's when we had all these rappers on the West Coast (and even many in the East and South as well) claiming Cuzz or Blood.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2005, 01:27:07 PM by Eihtball »

Crown

• 'G'
« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2005, 06:48:49 PM »

Same here; I even thought he repped 111 NHC with those three braids in his beard.  Furthermore, I've seen him hanging with NHCs' before, but he's still confessed that he never actually banged with them.  It kinda makes "The Streets" a hypocritical song, since he and Snoop were telling marks not to C-walk if they weren't Crippin, and yet he ain't even Crippin himself.

I've told you, man - being "affiliated" with a gang ain't the same thing as being "from" there.  You may "stay at" that hood, but you don't have the right to say you're "from" that hood until you've put in work and get your ass put on.  When I was a lot younger (many years ago now), my older brother and I used to hang with the homies from Southside Village, and we often went to their parties, ran errands for them, went to school with them, shit like that.  You might say I was "affiliated" with them in that respect.  But that doesn't mean I tell people I was a Southside Village Crip...cause I wasn't.  I never did dirt for the truf, I never banged, nothing like that; was square.  I seriously doubt Ice-T even had much of an affiliation.  I can usually tell which rappers were Crippin just by the way they talk, and he doesn't strike me as the kinda person who could've really been a Loc...I think he does that for publicity and credibility.  He may be a respected O.G. in the rap game, but that ain't the same thing as being an O.G. on the streets.

It's kinda funny to me that West Coast rappers never used to talk about what sets they claimed (or supposedly claimed) at all, because if they bragged about being Crips or Bloods, the niggas from the rival sets wouldn't touch their shit, and that would just limit their paper - they had to be ambiguous about their gang affiliations.  Then around 2000, the C-walking shit became popular, and Tha Eastsidaz did the Crip Hop thing and went Platinum, and everyone was like, "Damn, this Crippin' shit sells".  And that's when we had all these rappers on the West Coast (and even many in the East and South as well) claiming Cuzz or Blood.

Pomona, California STAND UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WE DON'T TALK TO POLICE!

godzilla

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2005, 04:38:24 AM »
ice-t never banged and never claimed he banged... game never really banged but claims he did

AndrE16686

« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2005, 05:49:32 AM »
Who cares if T ever actually technically banged, he dosnt perpetrate like other rappers do and stretch their affiliations for the sake of image. T kept it real without havin 2 claim and injected tha Westcoast game with a shot of venom, upholding the merits of intelligence and a healthy distrust of government in his music.

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2005, 12:11:00 PM »
ASSOCIATES > AFFILIATES > MEMBERS.

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!