Author Topic: Police in Ohio (surprise) shoot mentally ill Somali  (Read 263 times)

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Police in Ohio (surprise) shoot mentally ill Somali
« on: December 30, 2005, 04:49:29 PM »
Hundreds in Ohio Protest Somali's Shooting By ANDREW WELSH-HUGGINS, Associated Press Writer
54 minutes ago

COLUMBUS, Ohio - Somali immigrants upset over the fatal police shooting of a man they say had mental health problems rallied Friday in protest, questioning the decision to use deadly force.

A crowd that Columbus police estimated in the hundreds alternated between standing in front of City Hall and marching around two city blocks chanting and yelling, "We want justice!"

Protesters held signs with statements such as, "Nasir Abdi needed medication, not a bullet."

Nasir Abdi, 23, was shot Wednesday as four Franklin County deputies tried to take him back to a mental hospital where he had been force-fed medications. Columbus police detectives said Abdi had threatened them with a kitchen knife with a 6-inch blade.

But Somali leaders said witnesses to the shooting never saw a knife in Abdi's hands.

"What we need is the facts to come out, and we want justice to be served," said Liibaan Ismail of Columbus, a spokesman for the protesters gathered outside City Hall.

Bashir Mohamud, a 23-year-old Ohio State University student, said he came to the protest because he didn't think Abdi had to die.

"The police just shot him without reason. I believe they could have saved him instead of killing him," said Mohamud, who came to Columbus from Somalia about three years ago.

Sheriff Jim Karnes said Friday that his office was familiar with Abdi and his mental health problems, though the deputy who shot him was probably not. Nevertheless, he said, his officers know their responsibilities.

"They know what they have to do to protect themselves and the public," he said.

Karnes said his officers have taken only the minimum training in dealing with mentally ill suspects required by the state.

"Unless it's mandated by the state, we probably don't have enough time or money to do it," Karnes said. "Training costs money."

Crisis training is a priority for a state Supreme Court committee studying the mentally ill and the court system.

Such training is voluntary for police departments in Ohio, though a growing number are taking advantage of it.

"You can't deal with a mentally ill person like you can with a person who is rational," state Supreme Court Justice Evelyn Lundberg Stratton said Friday. "They don't think the same way. They're in a delusion."

-------------

This is disgusting.

People in Ohio seem to have no American values at all... those racists don't even deserve to live in my great country... go back to Poland or Ukraine or wherever the fuck you came from, you disgusting motherfuckers.
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
Re: Police in Ohio (surprise) shoot mentally ill Somali
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2005, 04:56:31 PM »

"You can't deal with a mentally ill person like you can with a person who is rational," state Supreme Court Justice Evelyn Lundberg Stratton said Friday. "They don't think the same way. They're in a delusion."

-------------

This is disgusting.

People in Ohio seem to have no American values at all... those racists don't even deserve to live in my great country... go back to Poland or Ukraine or wherever the fuck you came from, you disgusting motherfuckers.

Seriously, Ohio is a fucked up place... I can't believe shit like this is excused

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2005, 05:00:45 PM »
eugenics in this bitch
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Mindless Minority

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • England on Tour
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2005, 05:57:35 PM »
Everyone knows Somalis carry knifes. Nasty cunts as well. Never come across a nice one yet.
Well she moved in ways
That kept her there in our minds for days
Weeks and months it was
I was that amazed and there she stays
Surrounded by the what-ifs and the maybes

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2005, 07:01:31 PM »
Everyone knows Somalis carry knifes. Nasty cunts as well. Never come across a nice one yet.

Somalis cause TONS of problems in Columbus. After 9/11, the feds shut down a lot of Somali businesses that were funneling cash to Al-Quada. Ahhh, the joys of diversity.

As for this guy, don't pull weapons on police or you will probably suffer the consequences.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2005, 07:03:26 PM by Real American »

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2005, 10:33:38 PM »
Nasir Abdi, 23, was shot Wednesday as four Franklin County deputies tried to take him back to a mental hospital where he had been force-fed medications. Columbus police detectives said Abdi had threatened them with a kitchen knife with a 6-inch blade.

But Somali leaders said witnesses to the shooting never saw a knife in Abdi's hands.

1. The cops knew he was mentally ill, since they were trying to take him back to a mental hospital. He's MENTALLY ILL. What's so hard to understand about that?

2. Witnesses never saw a knife.
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

Sikotic™

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2005, 03:49:40 AM »
LMFAO @ Ohio. How come they got so many problems with diversity & Killa Cali just seems to deal with it?
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2005, 09:40:33 AM »
LMFAO @ Ohio. How come they got so many problems with diversity & Killa Cali just seems to deal with it?

Deal with it? Everyone knows that blacks and Mexican gangs in California are at each other's throats and killing each other everyday. I read an article that in alot of schools in Southern California, there are tons of race riots and other violence between black, Mexican, and Asian students. What a bunch of backwards, ignorant people.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2005, 12:22:41 PM by Real American »

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2005, 11:41:29 AM »
lmao

J Bananas

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2005, 05:54:01 PM »
I think cwalker is somali, how else would he get away with his gangsta ass name?

Sikotic™

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2006, 02:34:53 AM »

Deal with it? Everyone knows that blacks and Mexican gangs in California are at each other's throats and killing each other everyday. I read an article that in alot of schools in Southern California, there are tons of race riots and other violence between black, Mexican, and Asian students. What a bunch of backwards, ignorant people.
What an misinformed person. You can't believe everything you read, mi amigo. The media blows those so called "riots" way out of proportion for their own self-benefit. With the exception of a few bad seeds, the majority of those backwards, ignorant people do get along pretty well. I don't have to read about it, I know people that experienced it.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE