Author Topic: Support Ras Kass  (Read 693 times)

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
Re: Support Ras Kass
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2006, 12:13:04 PM »
My favorite rapper's favorite rapper... I believe they all point towards people like Rakim and KRS-One. Some might mention Kool G. Rap. Damn right Ras Kass doesn't get props from my favorite rappers. LOL @ people thinking Ras might blow up.

all your favorite rappers are from the east coast?  lol.  west coast cats point to ice cube or pac.  and mostly pac.  ras' original line was actually:
 "what part of "i'm the shit" don't you understand, groupie bitch
your favorite rapper is a ras kass fan"

which is not unreasonable.  i'm willing to bet that ras is xzibit's favorite rapper.  ras' statement is certainly true for xzibit fans.  i also know for a fact that ras is his own favorite rapper.  ras statement is true for his own fans thusly.  stop hatin' on ras.

and fuck blowing up.  all blowing up means is that cornball mtv viewers are now "fans" of ras and buy his shit.  i don't give a fuck if ras shit is bumpin' on mtv or in cornball suburbs.  if ras feels he can make his $$$ the independent route, more power to him.  wtf do i care how many pop groupies he has?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2006, 12:16:27 PM by nibs »
"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

Mister Lepht

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2006, 12:23:13 PM »
Ras has flipped that line into your favorite rappers favorite rapper..thats an old line any ways...but Ras will be on major label within the next few months...his litigation with Priority must end first...If you think Ras cant blow..then go check out some of the audio on the main page of his site...  www.raskass-central.com ..a lack of knowledge will get you nowhere..if you aint knowin then youre sleepin on it..

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2006, 01:10:38 PM »
It's a mixtape, anyone can get production from Dre, Storch, etc.   ;D

its new verses and beats on the mixtape...

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2006, 03:15:05 PM »
I'l definetly get this. Did Institutionalized get released in stores cause I haven't seen it :-\

Mister Lepht

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2006, 03:29:54 PM »
Supposedly it has hit retail outlets...Ive never caught it in a store myself...but its available online all over...Ill have it for sale on my site by the end of the month..im just trying to get shit set up still....Revenge of the Spit is a www.siccness.net exclusive..so you can only find that there..

kingwell

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2006, 07:16:37 PM »
I'l definetly get this. Did Institutionalized get released in stores cause I haven't seen it :-\

Cop it from www.sandboxautomatic.com, they got it before anyone else.  (Good thing I ordered from there when I bought the autographed Ebay deal too.)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2006, 07:18:47 PM by Kingwell »

SlickPants

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2006, 08:52:10 PM »
i'm concerned about ras' production.  i think he had the right formula on both rasassination and van gogh.  i feel like ras is moving in the wrong direction now.

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2006, 09:31:08 PM »
lol @ dude hating on ras. how the fuk are u gonna hate on ras kass man, ras kass spit fire, u might be concerned with his production, but dude get all kinda love from the whole entire industry he got love from dre ..

ras' top MC on the west , along with crooked and sly boogie lyrically .....

i dont care if he drops mix tapes, its all new material as long as its fire im fine, album or no album let dude get his cheddar

ras kass skills make alotta ppl look bad thats what we need back in this industry skills!

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2006, 03:13:57 AM »
He just needs to drop an album, we know he can spit, but I personally want to hear another cohesive album from him, considering how good his last one was (Soul On Ice). But I do agree the production he seems to be messing with on these mixtapes does make me a little uneasy as to the direction of his next album if he ever ends up making one.

Mister Lepht

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2006, 04:56:33 AM »

Cop it from www.sandboxautomatic.com, they got it before anyone else.  (Good thing I ordered from there when I bought the autographed Ebay deal too.)

yeah i did too....but hey the ebay order is on its way this week finally...itll be a signed copy and hes gonna send you a copy of revenge of the spit for free when he gets those in...for waiting so long with that ebay thing..

hempside

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2006, 06:04:58 AM »
Rass is the shit..cant wait.
heyheyhey smoke weed everyday.

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2006, 07:45:48 AM »
lol @ dude hating on ras. how the fuk are u gonna hate on ras kass man, ras kass spit fire, u might be concerned with his production, but dude get all kinda love from the whole entire industry he got love from dre ..

noone is hating on ras.  just voiceing some concerns.  when did happen that either you are on someone's dick or you are hating on them?  what happened to the middle ground? 
ras is spitting fire on institutionalized.  i feel like i need to pull out the headphones and enter a trance state to fully appreciate "write where i left off".  "no love" is ridiculous.  but all he's been dropping for the past couple years is mixtapes and compilations.  production wise there is some heat, some crap, and no consistency.  and i'm not sure what direction and sound he's moving towards.  rasassinstion and van gogh would give you a consistent mood and a consistent progression of moods and sounds.  right now i'm not getting that and i'm concerned.

ras' top MC on the west , along with crooked and sly boogie lyrically .....

i haven't heard enough sly boogie, but i agree with crooked i and ras.  i'd throw rage in there, she was spitting fire on her mixtape.  why don't tha liks ever get any love in these discussions?

i dont care if he drops mix tapes, its all new material as long as its fire im fine, album or no album let dude get his cheddar

ras kass skills make alotta ppl look bad thats what we need back in this industry skills!

ras will do what he needs to do.  without question he shines more on his own album then on a mixtape though.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 08:17:06 AM by nibs »
"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

doubletrouble™

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • .. ChErch! ..
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2006, 11:56:07 AM »

I doubt it did i downloaded it but i need to get me a copy of tha real thing aswell but i can't order shit online coz i ain't got no credit card or know anyone witt one    :(

Mister Lepht

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2006, 12:48:51 PM »
man you can poor all your coins into a COINSTAR machine and put in some bills and itll spit you out a visa card with that amount on it...a small fee the first time you do it..but its free to recharge it...anyway...For those who dont know..Priority Records shelved Ras' last 2 albums..then he went to jail for 19 months on some 2nd DUI shit..he got out about a year ago but is still stuck on priority records..that shit should be over anytime now...but the legal loophole is that he can make mixtapes..hes got offers from everyone too..including the peeps youd hope would offer him deals..anyways by the end of this year you should hear a very major label album out..yeah..Im waiting on some crooked I ras Kass collab shit too...I got this remix my homie made of them over the ashanti beat together and they sound nice together...as a matter of fact ill up that shit in a minute....

Mossberg

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2006, 07:20:10 PM »
Ras Kass has been through it with the music shit. Thats my dude yo!
<a href="http://www.prophlogic.com/Stripforme.swf" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.prophlogic.com/Stripforme.swf</a>