Author Topic: GTA: Liberty City Stories is being ported to the PS2  (Read 439 times)

BizzyR.I.P.

GTA: Liberty City Stories is being ported to the PS2
« on: January 06, 2006, 02:50:24 PM »
Liberty City Stories PS2-bound by May, next GTA PSP "all new"

[UPDATE] Take-Two announces that its best-selling PSP game is coming to Sony's current-generation console; hints next handheld edition might be original.

As part of its earnings report today, Take-Two Interactive made a rather surprising announcement. While announcing the roster of games for its 2006 fiscal year, which ends on October 31, 2006, the company revealed it is porting a PSP game to a "current-generation console."

It doesn't take a Wall Street game analyst to guess that the title is Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories, the most popular PSP game to date. According to Take-Two, which owns GTA publisher Rockstar Games, the game will be released on a "current-generation console" during the company's second quarter, which ends on April 30, 2006.

However, since Take-Two did not specify which console the game would be coming to, it has opened up the floodgates of speculation. [UPDATE] However, the scuttlebutt was scuppered by comments by Take-Two CEO and president Paul Eibler during a post-earnings announcement conference call. In that call, he told analysts, "We are very pleased that we have been able to extend Liberty City Stories into the PS2 environment."

In other news, Take-Two also announced that the next PSP GTA, first revealed last year, would be an "all-new property." The company did not specify whether that means it will be a new adventure set in an old locale, like LCS was, or a completely original game and setting.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/gtalibertycitystories/news.html?page=1&sid=6141901

Woozie

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Hail! Hail!
Re: GTA: Liberty City Stories is being ported to the PS2
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 03:53:08 PM »
thank fuck for that  ;D

theres no way i was forking out for a psp so i could get my hands on the latest gta...

bought every 1 in the series so far except L.C.S.  8)

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2006, 04:02:25 PM »
thank fuck for that  ;D

theres no way i was forking out for a psp so i could get my hands on the latest gta...

bought every 1 in the series so far except L.C.S.  8)
NO MORE WAR

Denial! Is Actively Joinin The Revolution

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2006, 04:08:35 PM »
cool i guess if your a fan of gta does this connect san andreas and liberty city( GTA3)?
Hittman is not a real person. He was a computer program generated by Dr. Dre and Mel Man back in the mid 90's. When Dre started treating Mel-Man like shit, Mel infiltrated the computer and put a virus in the hittman program

Ass Man

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2006, 04:11:55 PM »
i can't wait to play my PS2 again in May

Jome

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2006, 07:22:52 PM »
I don't see a reason why they should release it on PS2, the game is like "GTA 3 - Extension Pack".
Not close to Vice City, and leagues below San Andreas.. still tight to go back to Liberty City though to play on the go, but I wouldn't get it for PS2.

cool i guess if your a fan of gta does this connect san andreas and liberty city( GTA3)?

No.
Unless "Win a trip to San Andreas" on the radio is what you're looking for.
It's GTA 3 with new missions, and motorbikes/scooters.

Matty

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2006, 09:20:15 PM »
the port had enough changes so they are porting it back. sony are certainly are tackling the handheld market in an original way :laugh:

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2006, 11:40:17 PM »
you kinda knew that this wasnt guna be a psp exclusive.. im just glad i didnt buy one because was only reason i wanted one was so could play gta:liberty city stories. so lol @ all the sucka's who bought a psp for the game 8)

Jome

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2006, 06:38:04 AM »
you kinda knew that this wasnt guna be a psp exclusive.. im just glad i didnt buy one because was only reason i wanted one was so could play gta:liberty city stories. so lol @ all the sucka's who bought a psp for the game 8)

There's still a lot of dope games for PSP, Burnout Legends, Wipeout, Ridge Racer, etc.
Plus you can buy and download movies, play Super Mario 1, 2, and 3 for Nintendo on them, watch magazines on PSP, musicvideos, pictures, surf on the internet, etc. etc.

It's the ultimate entertainment machine, DS go home.  8)

sony are certainly are tackling the handheld market in an original way

Rockstar makes GTA, not Sony.

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2006, 06:56:29 AM »

There's still a lot of dope games for PSP, Burnout Legends, Wipeout, Ridge Racer, etc.
Plus you can buy and download movies, play Super Mario 1, 2, and 3 for Nintendo on them, watch magazines on PSP, musicvideos, pictures, surf on the internet, etc. etc.

It's the ultimate entertainment machine, DS go home.  8)

sony are certainly are tackling the handheld market in an original way

Rockstar makes GTA, not Sony.

in all honesty havent really checked out what the psp has on offer, sounds like they got some good game titles on there and "burnout legends" sounds like a really good game if its the exact same as the previous three titles.. you got one jome?

MIC

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2006, 11:50:09 AM »

I bought mine when I heard SCUMMVM and emulators had been ported. I'm playing "Secret of Monkey Island" right now and it works great.
Actually I play more Sega Genesis and SNES games on my PSP than new releases.

Matty

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2006, 03:28:51 PM »
yes but its ultimately sony who have a lot on swing in what kind of games get released on it, they no doubt paid rockstar to start with to develop a gta for the psp. the psp is just a portable ps2 that brings nothing original to the handheld market in terms of software. they don't understand that while you can port a load of ps2 games to the psp and all the regular sony groupies will go buy it and swear by it, handheld games can offer a different refreshing experience. they are getting money but nintendo's depth of experience in this particular market is obvious.

then again im just a nintendo groupie and i admit that but when i see shit like the ps3 controller you cant help but laugh at sony's lack of originality.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2006, 05:45:49 PM by Matty »

Woozie

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Hail! Hail!
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2006, 04:46:28 PM »

word.   :)