West Coast Connection Forum

DUBCC - Tha Connection => West Coast Connection => Topic started by: TraceOneInfinite on July 24, 2026, 07:35:23 AM

Title: Snoop interviews Kurupt
Post by: TraceOneInfinite on July 24, 2026, 07:35:23 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCy84a8aBK4
Title: Re: Snoop interviews Kurupt
Post by: TraceOneInfinite on July 24, 2026, 07:41:17 AM
They say Warren G produced an unheard Kurupt album in the early days like Pre-Chronic
Title: Re: Snoop interviews Kurupt
Post by: Soopafly DPGC on July 24, 2026, 07:44:18 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCy84a8aBK4

Cool little interview.  I enjoyed hearing about Kurupt's early days in Philly, as I had not known that part of his life.  Not a fan of the AI flashbacks or the fact how bad Kurupt was kissing Snoop's ass, calling him the general and how Kurupt fell in line behind Snoop, etc.  I would love to hear that Kurupt/Warren G album from the early 90's that they did.  And of course the obvious omission and glossing over of Daz like he didn't even exist was so ridiculous.  I get y'all are beefin and maybe you're leery about using any kind of Daz song or media because he's been so sue happy lately, but geez, you can at least say his name and talk about him when speaking on the history of Kurupt and DPG. 

I got the impression they were trying to "Rewrite History".....

If they do the same thing for this Snoop Biopic, or use AI to superimpose Soopafly's face over Daz, it's going to be so bad. 
Title: Re: Snoop interviews Kurupt
Post by: TraceOneInfinite on July 24, 2026, 08:00:40 AM
Cool little interview.  I enjoyed hearing about Kurupt's early days in Philly, as I had not known that part of his life.  Not a fan of the AI flashbacks or the fact how bad Kurupt was kissing Snoop's ass, calling him the general and how Kurupt fell in line behind Snoop, etc.  I would love to hear that Kurupt/Warren G album from the early 90's that they did.  And of course the obvious omission and glossing over of Daz like he didn't even exist was so ridiculous.  I get y'all are beefin and maybe you're leery about using any kind of Daz song or media because he's been so sue happy lately, but geez, you can at least say his name and talk about him when speaking on the history of Kurupt and DPG. 

I got the impression they were trying to "Rewrite History".....

If they do the same thing for this Snoop Biopic, or use AI to superimpose Soopafly's face over Daz, it's going to be so bad.

You know it's a good interview when the interviewer (which is actually Snoop) knows Kurupt's career well enough to even get into a random song like "Play Your Cards" prod. by Battlecat from the Kuruption album. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBl__aK0SEQ&list=RDvBl__aK0SEQ&start_radio=1

Snoop says it was his favorite song on Kuruption.  Which was great to hear that Snoop cared enough to know details from Kurupt's solo.  Makes me want to give that song another chance because I certainly didn't have it as one of the better songs on there

Title: Re: Snoop interviews Kurupt
Post by: HighEyeCue on July 24, 2026, 08:21:20 AM
You know it's a good interview when the interviewer (which is actually Snoop) knows Kurupt's career well enough to even get into a random song like "Play Your Cards" prod. by Battlecat from the Kuruption album. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBl__aK0SEQ&list=RDvBl__aK0SEQ&start_radio=1

Snoop says it was his favorite song on Kuruption.  Which was great to hear that Snoop cared enough to know details from Kurupt's solo.  Makes me want to give that song another chance because I certainly didn't have it as one of the better songs on there

the beat by Cat is pretty dope...Kurupt was just freestyling over it though like he did on a lot of songs those days

personally I like the Warren G cut better "That's Gangsta"
Title: Re: Snoop interviews Kurupt
Post by: TraceOneInfinite on July 24, 2026, 08:23:35 AM
the beat by Cat is pretty dope...Kurupt was just freestyling over it though like he did on a lot of songs those days

personally I like the Warren G cut better "That's Gangsta"

Yeah "That's Gangsta" was one of the better cuts on there.  Now that I listened to the interview to the end, it's as if Snoop just mentioned the Battlecat joints on the Kuruption album to lead into the new solo album Cat produced
Title: Re: Snoop interviews Kurupt
Post by: HighEyeCue on July 24, 2026, 08:34:26 AM
Yeah "That's Gangsta" was one of the better cuts on there.  Now that I listened to the interview to the end, it's as if Snoop just mentioned the Battlecat joints on the Kuruption album to lead into the new solo album Cat produced

you're right...It was good to see Kurupt coherent again and speaking on a lot of his history that I never knew....I'm glad they spoke on "New York, New York" as well...Daz got his props which was good to see too
Title: Re: Snoop interviews Kurupt
Post by: teecee on July 24, 2026, 08:41:24 AM
They say Warren G produced an unheard Kurupt album in the early days like Pre-Chronic

Oh god, this the stuff of my dreams.  Early Warren g production some of my favourite shit ever
Title: Re: Snoop interviews Kurupt
Post by: teecee on July 24, 2026, 08:47:35 AM
the beat by Cat is pretty dope...Kurupt was just freestyling over it though like he did on a lot of songs those days

personally I like the Warren G cut better "That's Gangsta"

Such a dope song.   Incredibly produced.   I feel like Warren used this sample on another song back in the day, but  in a much different way.  Or maybe it's just the female vocals during the verses that remind my of G-Spot?
Title: Re: Snoop interviews Kurupt
Post by: The Predator on July 24, 2026, 09:09:55 AM
Wonder what label that Kurupt prod by Warren G 1992 album would of been released on, what vault is it in now?

Proabaly doper then the new shit he about to release.
Title: Re: Snoop interviews Kurupt
Post by: gfunk2024 on July 24, 2026, 09:10:46 AM
Oh god, this the stuff of my dreams.  Early Warren g production some of my favourite shit ever

And it was recorded when they were making The Chronic, so Kurupt was really at near his peak or at his peak. I wonder if anyone has the album.
Title: Re: Snoop interviews Kurupt
Post by: TraceOneInfinite on July 24, 2026, 09:31:43 AM
Oh god, this the stuff of my dreams.  Early Warren g production some of my favourite shit ever

my guess is it's burried and maybe impossible to find.  Would be a miracle if it ever leaked
Title: Re: Snoop interviews Kurupt
Post by: The Predator on July 24, 2026, 10:06:31 AM
Was thinking, was it a G-Funk album?

If it was made before TC, then no...even though Warren was around ATL/Ruthless and their skeleton version of G-Funk.

If recorded during the same era as 'The Chronic', then possible.



Title: Re: Snoop interviews Kurupt
Post by: HighEyeCue on July 24, 2026, 01:06:33 PM
Such a dope song.   Incredibly produced.   I feel like Warren used this sample on another song back in the day, but  in a much different way.  Or maybe it's just the female vocals during the verses that remind my of G-Spot?

yeah I don't know anything about the sample but the song is one of my favorites on there for sure 8)

I've discussed it on here with Infinite a lot and the problem is definitely not with the West Coast disc at all...Kurupt should have condensed it into one album maybe keep a few of the east coast tracks that were somewhat decent and called it a day
Title: Re: Snoop interviews Kurupt
Post by: Mat on July 25, 2026, 02:13:24 AM
Was thinking, was it a G-Funk album?

If it was made before TC, then no...even though Warren was around ATL/Ruthless and their skeleton version of G-Funk.

If recorded during the same era as 'The Chronic', then possible.
What do you mean skeleton version of G-Funk?
Title: Re: Snoop interviews Kurupt
Post by: The Predator on July 25, 2026, 04:55:30 AM
^ ATL invented the sound, Dre heard it in it's early stages over at Ruthless and jacked it, but fleshed it out to a next level and that was the formula and version that set trends.

Warren G's style of G-Funk post-Chronic was very mellow and chill, are there any of his productions pre-Chronic out there?
His shit with Kurupt in 92, G-Funk or not must of been more on the hardcore edge at the time.


Title: Re: Snoop interviews Kurupt
Post by: TraceOneInfinite on July 26, 2026, 06:04:30 AM
yeah I don't know anything about the sample but the song is one of my favorites on there for sure 8)

I've discussed it on here with Infinite a lot and the problem is definitely not with the West Coast disc at all...Kurupt should have condensed it into one album maybe keep a few of the east coast tracks that were somewhat decent and called it a day

That Pete Rock and Inspectah Deck joint he was on would've been perfect for that East Coast disc.  It came out at the same rhyme (time) as Kuruption.  Wish he could've bought that joint from his homie Pete Rock.  Pete Rock already had a good enough lead single with that smooth "Take The Time/ walk the line/just imagine" joint
Title: Re: Snoop interviews Kurupt
Post by: .:Hercy Buggz:. on July 26, 2026, 07:26:17 AM
That Pete Rock and Inspectah Deck joint he was on would've been perfect for that East Coast disc.  It came out at the same rhyme (time) as Kuruption.  Wish he could've bought that joint from his homie Pete Rock.  Pete Rock already had a good enough lead single with that smooth "Take The Time/ walk the line/just imagine" joint

That was a good joint, Pete Rock and Kurupt had great chemistry
Title: Re: Snoop interviews Kurupt
Post by: HighEyeCue on July 26, 2026, 08:06:00 AM
That Pete Rock and Inspectah Deck joint he was on would've been perfect for that East Coast disc.  It came out at the same rhyme (time) as Kuruption.  Wish he could've bought that joint from his homie Pete Rock.  Pete Rock already had a good enough lead single with that smooth "Take The Time/ walk the line/just imagine" joint

I wish he could've got a Premier beat as well

if I'm not mistaken this was also around the same time period

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V2p9VA2LXk&list=RD5V2p9VA2LXk&start_radio=1