Author Topic: Dodgers trade TWO Pitching Prospects for Baez and Carter from TB  (Read 225 times)

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
 ::)  That's all I have to say

Pitching prospects are Chuck Tiffany and Edwin Jackson

herpes

Re: Dodgers trade TWO Pitching Prospects for Baez and Carter from TB
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2006, 04:52:46 PM »
i dont really get this move on the dodgers part.  considering you have gagne.  granted you have baez as your 1-2 punch even though i think baez is overrated. Still though you dont give up 2 pitching prospects for a reliever unless your in a penant race and DESPERATE for help in the pen.  BTW javi correct if im wrong but was edwin jackson one of the dodgers top 3 prospects or am i thinking of someone else.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2006, 04:58:58 PM »
He was 2 years ago and he fell off huge.  But they called him up way too early and basically messed him up mentally, so this past season he was back in AA and did pretty damn good.  Since he's only 21, there's still a lot of home for him.  What pisses me off about this trade more is that Baez will be a FA after this year.  So we are giving up two pitching prospects for one year of Baez.  By the way, Chuck Tiffany is only 20 years old and his control is just fucking ridicilous, he strikes out 11 players per 9 innings and only walks 3.33 per 9. This is in High A ball, but man Tiffany is going to easily be a solid #2,#3 starter.  The Dodger tradition has been built on pitching dammit  >:(

ecrazy

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2006, 05:08:40 PM »
Chuck Tiffany, He Went To Charter Oak High, dude is a crazy mad pitcher, he was throwing 90+ consistantly freshman year

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2006, 05:13:35 PM »
He also dreamed of starting for the Dodgers  :'(

rik

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2006, 09:52:32 PM »
Man what the fuck. This new GM has so far made two stupid trades. Trading Antonio Perez, and now this. After refusing to trade Jackson for way better plyers than they are getting now, they trade for two players i never heard of.  : ::) I know it is early but I'm starting to dislike this GM  >:(