Author Topic: Kurupt the kingpin vs Wu Tang  (Read 2641 times)

"THE" MoSav

Kurupt the kingpin vs Wu Tang
« on: January 14, 2006, 02:21:32 PM »
Back in the early 90's when Kurupt was the Kingpin  I think he was straight Vicious and could hold his own against anybody from Wu tang whats everyone elses take?

The Best of 3 Worlds

Bigg $amo

Re: Kurupt the kingpin vs Wu Tang
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2006, 02:38:09 PM »
not gza tho.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2006, 02:48:59 PM »
Masta Killa, Inspectah Deck, GZA, Method Man (probably), Ghostface & Rae wouldl've gave Kurupt a few lessons on the mic.

$do11a biLL$

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2006, 02:54:30 PM »
Inspectah Deck, GZA, and maybe Method Man would've killed Kurupt

W.S._PoRkS310

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2006, 03:36:53 PM »
Prolly Just U-God..The Rest Wouldve Killed Him

ecrazy

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2006, 03:49:08 PM »
GZA would Murder him

W-Side

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2006, 03:50:56 PM »
GZA's on another level but I wouldn't be so sure about the others vs kurupt if we talkin about battlin, he clearly wasn't capable of making albums like Only Built 4 Cuban Linx but he could rip shit when it came to battlin

herpes

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2006, 04:55:39 PM »
Kurupt in his prime IMO was top 5 in the game.  Hes the west coast version of prodigy in the sense that they were quite possibly the best on there coast but never got the recognition they deserved untill now when they fell off in such a sad manner

herpes

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2006, 04:59:14 PM »
the only 2 members of wu i could see beating kurupt in a battle are ghostface an method man.  The rest of them like gza an rae as good as they are they arent battle emcee's in my mind like kurupt is.  Even on songs where kurupt may not be as lyrical he still at one time rip the mic to shreads.  The only 2 in the wu that gave me that impression they pose the same aggresion on the mic are ghost and meth

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2006, 05:51:42 PM »
the only 2 members of wu i could see beating kurupt in a battle are ghostface an method man.  The rest of them like gza an rae as good as they are they arent battle emcee's in my mind like kurupt is.  Even on songs where kurupt may not be as lyrical he still at one time rip the mic to shreads.  The only 2 in the wu that gave me that impression they pose the same aggresion on the mic are ghost and meth

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2006, 05:57:23 AM »

GZA would outthink Kurupt right there on the spot, and make him look a fool in a battle. Thats how GZA came up originally, through battling, so he's probably the most equipped within the Wu to win in a battle.

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2006, 08:17:19 AM »

GZA would outthink Kurupt right there on the spot, and make him look a fool in a battle. Thats how GZA came up originally, through battling, so he's probably the most equipped within the Wu to win in a battle.

yeah your probably right GZA is the Genius...

herpes

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2006, 11:35:19 AM »

as amazing as gza is lyrically, his voice is and flow is boring

W-Side

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2006, 01:48:08 PM »

as amazing as gza is lyrically, his voice is and flow is boring

lol you serious ?

GZA got one of the best voices in the game and his flow is great. He can put hella energy in his flow when he wants to, listen to Reunited for example.  He just doesn't do it in a yelling way.

GZA would outthink Kurupt right there on the spot, and make him look a fool in a battle.
^^

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2006, 01:54:38 PM »
Kurupt was by definition a freestyle battle emcee. I don't think anyone from the Wu could have gotten with him on the freestyle battle tip when Kurupt was in his prime. Kurupt ripped a 15 minute freestyle on the wake up show and that became the stuff of legend. I don't think there were too many people in the game that could have gotten with them back then, he was that sick.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels