Author Topic: Kwame Brown > Tyson Chandler…His game is finally settling in!  (Read 1696 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Kwame Brown > Tyson Chandler…His game is finally settling in!
« on: January 16, 2006, 04:07:23 PM »
I didn’t think I’d be saying it this soon, but Kwame Brown is starting to do things for the Lakers down low! He’s the best defensive presence the Lakers have, and his offensive game and post moves are starting to pick up…I knew he wouldn’t be a complete failure from day one, I knew he’d at least develop into a very good roll-player, if not an all-star caliber player in LA. And along with Mihm’s improved play, they form “The Two-headed Monster” (as Pat Riley called ‘em)…Hopefully, Kwame keeps on improving as rapidly as he has…Currently, he’s been playing way better than Tyson Chandler. Who thought we’d be able to say that this November? In the last 4 wins, Kwame has posted up numbers of…

18 points 12 rebounds @ Golden State
8 points 9 rebounds vs. Cleveland
9 points 9 rebounds vs. Indiana
10 points 10 rebounds @ Los Angeles

What did I tell you? Never give up to soon…Kwame is still young, and his future in LA is looking bright. It can only get better from here…PeACe

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Kwame Brown > Tyson Chandler…His game is finally settling in!
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 04:11:24 PM »
Tyson Chandler always gobbled dick he's one of that overrated ass young players who are expected to have break-through season every fucking year and never will. NEVER. He SUCKS.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2006, 04:17:56 PM »
Tyson Chandler always gobbled dick he's one of that overrated ass young players who are expected to have break-through season every fucking year and never will. NEVER. He SUCKS.

Yea, but he actually had a good season along-side Eddy Curry last year...He was expected to excel further this year...So far, Kwame has done more excelling than he has...Averaging a double-double in the last 4, who woulda' thought?

acbaylove

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2006, 04:19:04 PM »
Currently, he’s been playing way better than Tyson Chandler. Who thought we’d be able to say that this November?

Not me, no.

acbaylove

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2006, 04:21:32 PM »
Yea, but he actually had a good season along-side Eddy Curry last year...He was expected to excel further this year...So far, Kwame has done more excelling than he has...Averaging a double-double in the last 4, who woulda' thought?

4 games, man! We traded Butler for him, God!! Caron Butler!! I was expecting those numbers from Brown for 82 games, not just 4. 82 plus Play Offs. But he's starting to play better, expecially defensively, i gotta admit it.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2006, 04:34:13 PM »

4 games, man! We traded Butler for him, God!! Caron Butler!! I was expecting those numbers from Brown for 82 games, not just 4. 82 plus Play Offs. But he's starting to play better, expecially defensively, i gotta admit it.

Butler is an offensive-minded player...No way would I currently prefer him on the Lakers over Kwame. Kwame is our best defensive presence down-low, he's the only one who can keep up with the likes of Garnett, Duncan, Webber, Bosh, J. O'Neal, etc. Even when guards penetrate into the paint, Kwame and Mihm is a nice presence to have there. Plus, he has a lot of upside...Yes, he's a slow learner, but once he does learn, and once he utilizes those post moves he flashes every so often, he will be great...I just think we, as Laker fans, need to instill that confidence in him with faith...It's the main thing that gets him going, you don't know how much it means to him that Phil gives him these minutes and has re-instated him as a starter...He's young and once he gets his head straight, Lakers will be unfuckwithable...PeACe

acbaylove

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2006, 05:47:40 PM »
I'm not saying we had to keep Butler. I'm just saying that when you trade Butler, a very good player (plus Atkins, but thank God we did it!) for a player you should at least expect decent numbers. The numbers are still not impressive, but his defence is growing, so that's enought for me to stop dissing him. He got my respect now. But he still has a long road to be considered a great PF.

PLANT

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2006, 06:21:44 PM »
…Currently, he’s been playing way better than Tyson Chandler.
LOL thats not saying much man :-\

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2006, 06:40:37 PM »
Kwame is finally starting to get comfortable out there. One thing I liked about the last game was that he was going up to dunk instead of laying it up. He should do that all the time.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2006, 10:32:06 AM »
Kwame is finally starting to get comfortable out there. One thing I liked about the last game was that he was going up to dunk instead of laying it up. He should do that all the time.

This is very true...He is way more efficient when he takes it up strong. He only got 3 shots last night, but the one he did convert was a dunk...Fuck the number 1 pick shit and all the hype, Kwame has been very solid for us down low, and though I did expect him to develop in LA a little quicker, he's at least a big part of why we're a playoff team. He's gunna be back to his 11-8 really soon, and will probably surpass that under Phil come playoff time...I just think he never gets any credit soley because of all the number 1 pick hype sorrounding him...It's not fair.

acbaylove

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2006, 10:35:39 AM »

This is very true...He is way more efficient when he takes it up strong. He only got 3 shots last night, but the one he did convert was a dunk...Fuck the number 1 pick shit and all the hype, Kwame has been very solid for us down low, and though I did expect him to develop in LA a little quicker, he's at least a big part of why we're a playoff team. He's gunna be back to his 11-8 really soon, and will probably surpass that under Phil come playoff time...I just think he never gets any credit soley because of all the number 1 pick hype sorrounding him...It's not fair.

That and the fact we traded a fan fav like Butler for him. I'mma be honest: i'm liking how he's playing lately. Still i wanna see him playing like that till the end of the season.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2006, 10:58:40 AM »
Still i wanna see him playing like that till the end of the season.

I don't...I wanna see him playing better. I wanna see him become that beast that Phil Jackson said he can be. I'm not satisfied. I've seen some amazing moves from Brown, he just rarely uses them...By playoff time, I expect Kwame to excel a whole lot...

acbaylove

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2006, 11:28:32 AM »
Still i wanna see him playing like that till the end of the season.

I don't...I wanna see him playing better. I wanna see him become that beast that Phil Jackson said he can be. I'm not satisfied. I've seen some amazing moves from Brown, he just rarely uses them...By playoff time, I expect Kwame to excel a whole lot...

Man i loved the move against the Pacers..
Let me make a gif out of it..

acbaylove

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2006, 11:29:42 AM »
Check my sig.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2006, 02:26:28 PM »
Nice, as I pointed out in the other thread...