Author Topic: Ice Cube Wants The Last Laugh With Independent LP Featuring Lil Jon, Snoop  (Read 1652 times)

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
lol oh yeah, still there was a long wait for the peace disc and by the time it came out it was like a new album...i want one like all eyes on me, life after death shyt  :-\
hahah..it's all good.  it was suppose to be one album like...but he wanted money..so..yeah.haha
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

jeromechickenbone

Wow, i'm almost stunned.  To hear Cube basically denounce the major labels is the sweetest piece of news i've heard in a while.  Child Support is a great track, and i liked chrome & paint (it grew on me, and yes it's a neptunes beat).  My anticipation for this album has def increased.  I'm glad Cube is independant, because the album will come out the way he wants it, not the way some business man thinks is marketable.  

As for him not being on the Math, of course i'd love a Cube album with Dre's beats - but truth be told it may have never seen the light of day.  I'm glad Cube is calling his own shots and showing all these cats in the game that you don't have to sell your soul to a major label.

His comment about going platinum is so true.  Who gives a fuck if you sold 3 million albums, especially if you're only seeing pennies on the dollar from it.  Record sales don't mean shit.  If you're independant, you can sell 100,000 and make as much or more as some of these artists on a major pushin platinum.  

Props to Cube, and thanks for the article.

SlickPants

• Muthafuckin' Don!
glad to see he's got his head on straight.  if he can be successful as an independent it will change the entire dynamics of the game.

you can tell he's felt this way for a while from his comments and even records and skits on other albums

GangstaBoogy

this is great news. im waitin for this album
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

$do11a biLL$

is Ice Cube still cool with WC?

SlickPants

• Muthafuckin' Don!
is Ice Cube still cool with WC?

he must be, they had a new song out that cube was talkin about

apparently he's cut contact with mack 10 though (good riddance)

Tha Crip

cube is still cool with dub c i think....i got a version of chrome and paint with dub on it wit him
"I F**k Wit Feds Magazine"

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
mac-10, cube, and wc together is tightest group ever.  They need to reunite mang..
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Eihtball

His comment about going platinum is so true.  Who gives a fuck if you sold 3 million albums, especially if you're only seeing pennies on the dollar from it.  Record sales don't mean shit.  If you're independant, you can sell 100,000 and make as much or more as some of these artists on a major pushin platinum.  

Yeah, like Tha Eastsidaz...their first album went Platinum and the second one went Gold, and all Tray Deee and Goldie Loc received were Dogghouse chains and $40,000 cash.

I'm willing to bet that most of the wealthiest thugs in the game right now are the independent cats selling a tenth what these mainstream rappers are selling.  Especially in the bay...look how well E-40 and JT have done all by themselves, even though they've been on major labels at different times.

westkoastanostra

yea wc and cube are still cool....sux that mack 10 aint w/ them no more....cant wait for cube's album...

Jome

Some high-profile producers have been making themselves available to Cube such as Lil Jon, Swizz Beatz and Scott Storch. Snoop Dogg appears on two records, Juvenile has one cameo and Cube is also in talks to have a guest spot from the Diplomats' Juelz Santana.

Meh.
Sounds like mismatches, though you never know.

At least he's finally coming out.
I was hoping for some W.C., Mack 10, MC Ren, Young Tre or Doc Dre.  :-\

Kaligula

• Muthafuckin' OG
That all sounds cool and great. . .but at the end of the day all that matters to me is the music. . .and Cube hasn't made anything exceptionally good since about 96. War and Peace, with the exception of a few joints sucked.

It's all lip service until we hear the music, and both Child Support and Roll Call weren't exactly bangers. But hey, that's just my opinion.

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
good news....the king is back 8)

Okka

Makes me wanna cry, i don't wanna see no fuckin Juvenile's or Santana's on Cube's album, Cube should get some real rappers like Ren to feature on the album...

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Thanks for this great news Cube!Really looking forward to the album, the guest apperances look nice.