Author Topic: KOOOBBBEEE  (Read 9245 times)

acbaylove

Re: KOOOBBBEEE
« Reply #105 on: January 24, 2006, 11:36:36 AM »
Is anyone else concerned about the long term effects of this game?

If Kobe dominates the ball so much, how can our other players develop their games, specifically Odom and Kwame? I don't like the trend of our players standing around watching Kobe shoot over a double team. Yeah, lately he's hit some of those shots, but Kobe's teammates defer to Kobe way too much. This needs to change if the Lakers are to have any long term success.

Let's be honest: Odom had just 8 points not because Kobe didn't give him the ball, but because he passed it to Kobe watching him.
This team is just made of players like Brown and Odom who doesn't like to shoot the ball and who likes to give the ball to Kobe.
Put Cedric Ceballos (lol) in this team and he could make 20 shots per game easly.
It's just that Odom is fine working hard on defense and handling the ball.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #106 on: January 24, 2006, 11:52:08 AM »

If Kobe dominates the ball so much, how can our other players develop their games, specifically Odom and Kwame? I don't like the trend of our players standing around watching Kobe shoot over a double team. Yeah, lately he's hit some of those shots, but Kobe's teammates defer to Kobe way too much. This needs to change if the Lakers are to have any long term success.

With Kobe playing this good, the other players are expected less of...It takes a lot of pressure off them. I think long-term wise, this will be good. I know they're all currently thinking about how to contribute offensively, especially after being outscored by Kobe 81-43. The shots just need to fall...It's like sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. The other Lakers need to build efficiency, because when they do play, they're great...Sometimes they count on Kobe to bail them out though. I'd prefer to see the whole team play amazing, but this was simply awesome...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #107 on: January 24, 2006, 11:55:59 AM »

Let's be honest: Odom had just 8 points not because Kobe didn't give him the ball, but because he passed it to Kobe watching him.
This team is just made of players like Brown and Odom who doesn't like to shoot the ball and who likes to give the ball to Kobe.
Put Cedric Ceballos (lol) in this team and he could make 20 shots per game easly.

Yea, I've come to accept that Odom will never be primarily about offensive aggression, but more about understanding the spots on the floor and setting others up...I think Bynum and Wafer are gunna be offensive threats for us in years to come. For now, Kobe is the primary offense in the triangle...Defensively, I'm extremely proud of all the Lakers though...

acbaylove

« Reply #108 on: January 24, 2006, 12:21:50 PM »

Yea, I've come to accept that Odom will never be primarily about offensive aggression, but more about understanding the spots on the floor and setting others up...I think Bynum and Wafer are gunna be offensive threats for us in years to come. For now, Kobe is the primary offense in the triangle...Defensively, I'm extremely proud of all the Lakers though...

Yeah, defensively both Brown and Odom are playing very well.

wcsoldier

« Reply #109 on: January 24, 2006, 01:09:29 PM »

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #110 on: January 24, 2006, 01:18:14 PM »

exactly!
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #112 on: January 24, 2006, 03:10:21 PM »
Kobe Bryant: 28-46
Rest of Lakers: 14-42

What does that tell you? Kobe's offense was more potent that game, extremely more potent, so he was the primary offense, and being that, he SLAUGHTERED the Raptors. It's not like Odom hasn't had a bunch of huge games this season...I've seen a lot of good things about Kwame and Mihm this past month as well...And how can we forget some of those great games Smush won for us? Shit, even Cook, Sasha, and George came big in a few games. Come on Laker fans, lets not let Kobe's greatness blind us and make us think everyone around him is weak and doesn't get a chance to show what they've got...Give Phil Jackson's plan a chance, I believe this team will do just fine...PeACe

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #113 on: January 24, 2006, 03:48:41 PM »

What does that tell you? Kobe's offense was more potent that game, extremely more potent, so he was the primary offense, and being that, he SLAUGHTERED the Raptors. It's not like Odom hasn't had a bunch of huge games this season...I've seen a lot of good things about Kwame and Mihm this past month as well...And how can we forget some of those great games Smush won for us? Shit, even Cook, Sasha, and George came big in a few games. Come on Laker fans, lets not let Kobe's greatness blind us and make us think everyone around him is weak and doesn't get a chance to show what they've got...Give Phil Jackson's plan a chance, I believe this team will do just fine...PeACe

That's the thing though. Last Sunday, he was on, and made everything he threw up. Remember the stretch of games when he was going 12/36 and the Lakers were losing? We can't count on Kobe scoring 50 plus every game.

The concern I have is that the guys defer to Kobe way too much. I remember a play where kobe was on the wing on the right hand side, Lamar had the ball at the top of the key and he tried to force a pass to Kobe while he was being double-teamed without the ball. Turnover. Lamar should have just taken a couple of steps in and shot a 15 footer or passed it inside to a big man. Those of the things I'm talking about. Also, we've all seen Kobe shoot that fadeaway when he's drifting out of bounds with defenders all over him. Why isn't anyone moving without the ball and making a cut to the basket? These type of things happen way too often.

Kobe is doing what he needs to do to win games and that's fine, but the other guys need to step up and not depend on Kobe to bail them out. Also, Kobe needs to use his teammates more, even if they screw up. Besides success comes after initial failure. The last thing I want to see is Kobe getting hurt by overextending himself. He needs to rely on his teammates and his teammates need to step up in order for the Lakers to have any long term success.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #114 on: January 24, 2006, 03:55:08 PM »

That's the thing though. Last Sunday, he was on, and made everything he threw up. Remember the stretch of games when he was going 12/36 and the Lakers were losing? We can't count on Kobe scoring 50 plus every game.

The concern I have is that the guys defer to Kobe way too much. I remember a play where kobe was on the wing on the right hand side, Lamar had the ball at the top of the key and he tried to force a pass to Kobe while he was being double-teamed without the ball. Turnover. Lamar should have just taken a couple of steps in and shot a 15 footer or passed it inside to a big man. Those of the things I'm talking about. Also, we've all seen Kobe shoot that fadeaway when he's drifting out of bounds with defenders all over him. Why isn't anyone moving without the ball and making a cut to the basket? These type of things happen way too often.

Kobe is doing what he needs to do to win games and that's fine, but the other guys need to step up and not depend on Kobe to bail them out. Also, Kobe needs to use his teammates more, even if they screw up. Besides success comes after initial failure. The last thing I want to see is Kobe getting hurt by overextending himself. He needs to rely on his teammates and his teammates need to step up in order for the Lakers to have any long term success.

The point is that sometimes, you're right, the rest of the team is not flowing, but a lot of times this season, I've seen all the players flow together and it looked GREAT. I'm just saying that come playoff times, I think they'll have it down well enough to perform at a high level together EVERY night...Kobe will average less points in the playoffs, I bet you anything...PeACe

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #115 on: January 24, 2006, 04:23:06 PM »

The point is that sometimes, you're right, the rest of the team is not flowing, but a lot of times this season, I've seen all the players flow together and it looked GREAT. I'm just saying that come playoff times, I think they'll have it down well enough to perform at a high level together EVERY night...Kobe will average less points in the playoffs, I bet you anything...PeACe

I like your optimism. I hope you're right. There's been growth in the games of Kwame and Mihm, and I want to see that continue. We'll see come playoff time.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #116 on: January 24, 2006, 08:16:13 PM »
The Lakers are a STRONG PLAYOFF TEAM??? The Lakers are the biggest one man show i've ever seen.  Watch the Pistons, Spurs, Suns - those are the epitome of strong playoff teams.  Kobe is an amazing athlete, but the Lakers are not a strong playoff team. 

Having said that, I still don't like Kobe.  Yes he is a phenomenal athelete - incredible shooter, slasher, free throw shooter.  You can't knock on his offensive skills unless you are a hater.  He IS a ball hog, and wants nothing more than for the Lakers to be a one man show. 

I think in 20 years, people will probably remember Kobe most for his 81 points, and not for his rings.  And I think that's what he would prefer to be remembered for.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #117 on: January 24, 2006, 08:19:34 PM »
The Lakers are a STRONG PLAYOFF TEAM??? The Lakers are the biggest one man show i've ever seen.  Watch the Pistons, Spurs, Suns - those are the epitome of strong playoff teams.  Kobe is an amazing athlete, but the Lakers are not a strong playoff team. 

Having said that, I still don't like Kobe.  Yes he is a phenomenal athelete - incredible shooter, slasher, free throw shooter.  You can't knock on his offensive skills unless you are a hater.  He IS a ball hog, and wants nothing more than for the Lakers to be a one man show. 

I think in 20 years, people will probably remember Kobe most for his 81 points, and not for his rings.  And I think that's what he would prefer to be remembered for.

Wow. You can almost rival E-Crazy for biggest retard ever. Especially that last comment, that shit was straight ridiculous... :-X

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #118 on: January 24, 2006, 08:31:36 PM »
for all you laker fans i hate to say this but the LAKERS ARE NOT A GOOD TEAM!  we all know that kobe is a great talent but to say they will be a good playoff team is straight up ridiculous.  lets face it kobe can't run the triangle offense and make other players around him great like um......Jordan.  kobe will probably be remembered for running Shaq, the most dominate player we have ever seen, out of L.A.
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #119 on: January 24, 2006, 08:52:52 PM »
The Lakers are a STRONG PLAYOFF TEAM??? The Lakers are the biggest one man show i've ever seen. Watch the Pistons, Spurs, Suns - those are the epitome of strong playoff teams. Kobe is an amazing athlete, but the Lakers are not a strong playoff team.

Having said that, I still don't like Kobe. Yes he is a phenomenal athelete - incredible shooter, slasher, free throw shooter. You can't knock on his offensive skills unless you are a hater. He IS a ball hog, and wants nothing more than for the Lakers to be a one man show.

I think in 20 years, people will probably remember Kobe most for his 81 points, and not for his rings. And I think that's what he would prefer to be remembered for.

Wow. You can almost rival E-Crazy for biggest retard ever. Especially that last comment, that shit was straight ridiculous... :-X

How about not resorting to name calling and argue my points?  Its funny that you call me a retard, yet you're the one that said the Lakers were a strong playoff team.  You played yourself.  Don't be mad at me for pointing it out.