Author Topic: My opinion and commentary on the Bay Area Rap scene.....  (Read 1476 times)

youngmessnucca

Re: My opinion and commentary on the Bay Area Rap scene.....
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2006, 02:25:27 PM »
why are you bragging about "your" city being the countrys murder capital? i dont think Richmond is 510 either, although i could be wrong....plus hyphy is not really a new word keak da sneak and mac dre have been saying it for at LEAST 4 years

marochick510

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2006, 05:49:39 PM »
Im not braggin i was juss putin it out there to let it be known in the bay we aint no sucka's out here mayne and wat we rap about we really do unlike these other popcorn rappers. How you gone tell me the Rich aint 510 when you dont even live here PHILLYBOY..but yea Oakland a.k.a tha Town is also 510..so chea get cha facts str8 boi.

youngmessnucca

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2006, 09:35:32 PM »
Everycity out there has got killers & gangstas...i love the bay and have spent plenty of time out there, but the ghettos of newark, jersey city, flint, kc, baltimore, are just as rough, so add something real to this forum or dont post at all, and i know u aint typing this from the gutters of richmond either

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2006, 11:29:02 PM »
For whatever reasons, people from The Bay seem to be defensive as fuck about their music, and they seem to really feel that everybody in LA has somethin against them and that we hate on them but jock their style at the same time. I would like to say that people with this attitude are way off point and got it twisted as hell.

Im from San Diego, and believe me homie...it isnt just the Bay area that has that opinion about LA. Not so much the "jockin our style" shit...but the "hate". From what ive seen....rappers, producers, etc from LA seem to think theyre above everyone else in Kali. When the rest of the country thinks of Kali, they think...LA. And that shit i think has gone to a lotta peoples heads. Obviously LA is the biggest city out here, and will probably always get the most spotlight. But u got too many muthafuckas up there who think theyre on some professional shit while the rest of the state is just amateurs. They just need to understand that the rest of Kali doesnt look up to LA like they think we do. We do our own shit, regardless of what LA does. We dont see LA as the "make or break" for Kali. U got 3 of the top 10 biggest cities in the country here with LA, San Diego and Frisco. Plus u got the whole rest of the Bay Area and Sac makin noise. I think the Bay Area, Sac, and Dago gotta respect for eachother...that LA isnt really a part of. U see a lot of our artist workin together with the Bay and Sac artists. More so even then any of us work with LA. Blame who u want for that, but i see it as LA who made it that way. They want the attention...but Kali as a whole aint goin nowhere unless u get a strong push from artists all over. If we dont support eachothers music, from North to South..how do u expect to have the rest of the country get behind it? Like E-40 said...."too many chiefs, and not enough Indians". Everybody wanna be the man.

Realbiggsteele

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2006, 11:54:47 PM »
I feel ya dog. I fucks wit all that shit! The westcoast is the westcoast. you cant do nothin but give the bay props, them cat's have come up wit the coldest words in the game

Addicted To Cake

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Dwight Howard, Steve Nash, Whos Next?
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2006, 12:34:37 AM »
Bay Area rap in the 90s was the shit.

but Present Bay Area rap is pure garbage. they hyphy movement is a complete crunk rip off. alot of bay area rappers today use dirty south beats. if u from cali then keep it westcoast. instead they ride another regions nuts too much. thats why i dont respect the bay.

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2006, 12:48:18 AM »

but Present Bay Area rap is pure garbage. they hyphy movement is a complete crunk rip off. alot of bay area rappers today use dirty south beats. if u from cali then keep it westcoast. instead they ride another regions nuts too much. thats why i dont respect the bay.

u gotta remember tho, the biggest hitters to come out of LA....are on some Eastcoast dicks these days. Snoop is hardly considered a WestCoast artist anymore with his bullshit. Dre would rather work with East Coast artists then West Coast. Game came out and went strait to G-Unit. His style sound more made for the East as it is. Also remember, Snoop went to No Limit. Mack 10 dropped that Hoo Bangin shit and hooked up with Cash Money. Daz went to So So Def, etc. these were the guys that called theyselves leaders in the West...and they sold out.

Addicted To Cake

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2006, 01:29:12 AM »
I think that The Bay has always had a "fu@k LA" attitude because LA stole alot of Bay slang and got shine for it.  LA has never given proper respect to The Bay.  In alot of ways, LA acts as though The Bay doesn't even exist. 

shut the fuck up.  nobody in L.A. says Beezy, Thizz, hyphy, scrapers & the rest of that bay shit.

wtf u mean by LA acts as the bay don't exist?  LA don't even support their own artist so why the fuck should they support another region for?  and the bay don't support L.A. anyways so it goes both ways u idiot.

and alot of the bay vs LA bullshit comes from the Dodgers vs Giants rivalry. muthafuckas in frisco love to hate on L.A. fo everything.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 01:38:04 AM by Addicted To Beef »

Addicted To Cake

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2006, 01:36:59 AM »
For whatever reasons, people from The Bay seem to be defensive as fuck about their music, and they seem to really feel that everybody in LA has somethin against them and that we hate on them but jock their style at the same time. I would like to say that people with this attitude are way off point and got it twisted as hell.

Im from San Diego, and believe me homie...it isnt just the Bay area that has that opinion about LA. Not so much the "jockin our style" shit...but the "hate". From what ive seen....rappers, producers, etc from LA seem to think theyre above everyone else in Kali. When the rest of the country thinks of Kali, they think...LA. And that shit i think has gone to a lotta peoples heads. Obviously LA is the biggest city out here, and will probably always get the most spotlight. But u got too many muthafuckas up there who think theyre on some professional shit while the rest of the state is just amateurs. They just need to understand that the rest of Kali doesnt look up to LA like they think we do. We do our own shit, regardless of what LA does. We dont see LA as the "make or break" for Kali. U got 3 of the top 10 biggest cities in the country here with LA, San Diego and Frisco. Plus u got the whole rest of the Bay Area and Sac makin noise. I think the Bay Area, Sac, and Dago gotta respect for eachother...that LA isnt really a part of. U see a lot of our artist workin together with the Bay and Sac artists. More so even then any of us work with LA. Blame who u want for that, but i see it as LA who made it that way. They want the attention...but Kali as a whole aint goin nowhere unless u get a strong push from artists all over. If we dont support eachothers music, from North to South..how do u expect to have the rest of the country get behind it? Like E-40 said...."too many chiefs, and not enough Indians". Everybody wanna be the man.

everything runs thru L.A. in cali. thats the way it is. We birth this bitch called the westcoast. All The Top selling artist from Cali are from L.A. county.   and u speaking madd bitter being from San Diego.  San Diego hip hop doesnt exist unless u talking about that Mexican Cholo bullshit.

Realbiggsteele

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2006, 01:44:55 AM »
Whuts Crackin Addicted? you a cole dude! hahaha

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2006, 05:26:57 AM »

Well as I always say....it's funny when people from anywhere outside of L.A. - let it be NY, Atl, Miami, The Bay, Diego, etc. etc - say that L.A. doesn't like them for whatever reason...when the truth is, L.A. CATS DON'T LIKE EACH OTHER!!!! I never really say L.A. as a whole having that elitist attitude as you say, and that sounds like how everybody seems to feel about New York rappers and people in general. But to me, L.A. is too many people for you to ever generalize like that. L.A.'s top artists and producers have that same attitde towards people who aren't big and aren't doin as much as they are in L.A., so of course they'll be the same way about people outside of L.A. you know. I feel that most situations that sounds like yours happen from people takin things and blowin them way outta proportion, and then wantin to use certain things as an excuse to generalize or have tension with somebody else when it really isn't neccessary. If you were in L.A., you would realize that there are people who are unestablished and may or many not have a bit of buzz, who still think they are better than EVERYBODY in L.A., and that most WEST COAST rappers suck...not just L.A., but anybody from the West, period. I know cats who are born n raised in L.A. who don't want to be "classified" as a west coast artist, and claim it's because they want to be universal to the nation, when the truth is that they are ashamed and feel that most west coast rappers are trash.

So for whatever reasons you feel like you do, I am sure you may have a bit of evidence to support your claim, but believe me, that's really not the way it is.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2006, 05:30:06 AM »

u gotta remember tho, the biggest hitters to come out of LA....are on some Eastcoast dicks these days. Snoop is hardly considered a WestCoast artist anymore with his bullshit. Dre would rather work with East Coast artists then West Coast. Game came out and went strait to G-Unit. His style sound more made for the East as it is. Also remember, Snoop went to No Limit. Mack 10 dropped that Hoo Bangin shit and hooked up with Cash Money. Daz went to So So Def, etc. these were the guys that called theyselves leaders in the West...and they sold out.

I wouldn't even say that they are the ones on East Coast dick...most L.A. rappers in general right now seem to be on the east coast's dick, and most upcoming rappers sound A LOT more east coast than they sound west coast. I am not the type lookin for a straight 90's style of delivery, but I get annoyed when every rapper I hear tries to rap with a NY accent, use NY slang (it's ya boy, it's the kid, holla at ya boy, etc. etc.), try to imitate the NY swag, and use a complete NY style with their punchlines, topics, and all else.

I don't think Hyphy is a complete rip-off of crunk, but crunk has definitely been around longer, and there are many similarities regardless of what people may say. It has the same energy, and many songs have similar sounds in it.

marochick510

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2006, 10:05:08 AM »
ok as far as that punk ass nigga PHILLYBOI..nigga i am writing from tha gutters of tha rich..ok yea there are ghettos but im reppin mines boi..wat im sayin is cum around hea and yo ass would leave ass naked boi.. POCKETS TURNED INSIDE OUT..im not tryinna b hard or nothin im juss tellin it like it is..but i agree 100% with TeeRaySix9Teen..here in tha bay we dont copy nobody we do out own thang reguardless of the exposure or not..man even if tell me whenna go dnt make it we still gone slap dat shit till tha amps blow out in tha scraper, goin dummy on top of tha car, shakin our shit, goin 18 cuz thats our music, yall could hate it or love it we gne still do wat we do..and imma say this shit one moe muthafuckin time..HYPHY BEEN OUT 4 THA LONGEST..IT WAS JUSS NEVER EXPOSED LIKE CRUNK WAS!!!SO WE AINT COPYIN SHIT..how we gone copy sumthin when we are the orginators of so many trends?? dnt you guys see the pattern of all tha stolen lingo and styles thats jus starting to surface through out the industry?? for example.."stunner shades"= BIG ASS GRANNY SHADES OR ANY TYPE OF BIG ASS RAW ASS SHADES..now all of a sudden we see erybody wearin em i.e. jermaine dupri in the "grillz" video..we been doin dat 4 like 4-5 years now..STEP YA GAME UP PIMPIN
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 10:08:59 AM by marochick510 »

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2006, 11:23:03 AM »

everything runs thru L.A. in cali. thats the way it is. We birth this bitch called the westcoast. All The Top selling artist from Cali are from L.A. county.   and u speaking madd bitter being from San Diego.  San Diego hip hop doesnt exist unless u talking about that Mexican Cholo bullshit.

youre an idiot homie. San Diego has a big independant scene. people like u are the reason that artists sell out. u act as if selling a lot of records makes what u do "quality". the Eastcoast is kickin our ass in sales.....does that mean all their artists are better? No. So dont pretend that LA has all this talent that the rest of the state doesnt, just because some LA artist have more marketing. Talkin about "we birth this bitch"....YOU didnt do shit lol. Ignorant muthafuckas with your mentality will keep the west from comin back to the forefront. You dont see that just creates an LA vs The Rest of Kali mindset. That shit is stupid. Last year ive heard so many people (even on this forum) say they heard more quality albums come out of the Bay and Dago then what came out of LA. Like i said....Quality, not just strong marketing schemes. Get your shit together before u come back and respond fool.

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2006, 11:37:01 AM »

Well as I always say....it's funny when people from anywhere outside of L.A. - let it be NY, Atl, Miami, The Bay, Diego, etc. etc - say that L.A. doesn't like them for whatever reason...when the truth is, L.A. CATS DON'T LIKE EACH OTHER!!!! I never really say L.A. as a whole having that elitist attitude as you say, and that sounds like how everybody seems to feel about New York rappers and people in general. But to me, L.A. is too many people for you to ever generalize like that. L.A.'s top artists and producers have that same attitde towards people who aren't big and aren't doin as much as they are in L.A., so of course they'll be the same way about people outside of L.A. you know. I feel that most situations that sounds like yours happen from people takin things and blowin them way outta proportion, and then wantin to use certain things as an excuse to generalize or have tension with somebody else when it really isn't neccessary. If you were in L.A., you would realize that there are people who are unestablished and may or many not have a bit of buzz, who still think they are better than EVERYBODY in L.A., and that most WEST COAST rappers suck...not just L.A., but anybody from the West, period. I know cats who are born n raised in L.A. who don't want to be "classified" as a west coast artist, and claim it's because they want to be universal to the nation, when the truth is that they are ashamed and feel that most west coast rappers are trash.

So for whatever reasons you feel like you do, I am sure you may have a bit of evidence to support your claim, but believe me, that's really not the way it is.

i dunno man. this is the way i look at it. when a wide range of different people from different areas who have NO tie to eachother all seem to have the same opinion about u...maybe u should look at yourself and not point at others (not talkin about YOU in particular, u get the idea tho). To be real I like LA, i stay on the grind back n forth from Dago to LA all the time. But i do see the attitude LA muthafuckas seem to have a lot. And its been evident just here in this post by that Addicted to Beef fool. They SERIOUSLY think that we, or the Bay, give a shit what goes on in LA. And really, we dont. We have our own issues, own problems, push our own music, work with our own artists, cept for the collabs with Bay Area cats. But none of us focus on LA like it seems a lot of u think. To me, its just another city. We dont hate yall, we dont love yall. Like i said, this is a big part of the reason that SD and the Bay tend to do alotta work together and LA isnt a part of most of it.