Author Topic: My opinion and commentary on the Bay Area Rap scene.....  (Read 1477 times)

Addicted To Cake

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Dwight Howard, Steve Nash, Whos Next?
Re: My opinion and commentary on the Bay Area Rap scene.....
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2006, 11:07:46 PM »

Im just saying that before Aftermath, The Game was in San Francisco working on his craft.  Before he was in San Francisco, he didnt have anywhere to go.  I just think he should give San Francisco and the Bay credit for giving the jump start to his carrer.  Shit, maybe im wrong....Im just saying that people shouldnt forget all the things they went throught before making it to the top.  I aint beefin homie, its all love.

why does game have to thank frisco? what did frisco do for game? absolutly nothing.  jt the bigga figga is the only person he should give thanks but even he fucked game over making money off of him releasing bull shit cds.  jt doing the same thing suge knight is doing releasing bullshit music from previous artist.

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2006, 11:24:08 PM »
For whatever reasons, people from The Bay seem to be defensive as fuck about their music, and they seem to really feel that everybody in LA has somethin against them and that we hate on them but jock their style at the same time. I would like to say that people with this attitude are way off point and got it twisted as hell.

Im from San Diego, and believe me homie...it isnt just the Bay area that has that opinion about LA. Not so much the "jockin our style" shit...but the "hate". From what ive seen....rappers, producers, etc from LA seem to think theyre above everyone else in Kali. When the rest of the country thinks of Kali, they think...LA. And that shit i think has gone to a lotta peoples heads. Obviously LA is the biggest city out here, and will probably always get the most spotlight. But u got too many muthafuckas up there who think theyre on some professional shit while the rest of the state is just amateurs. They just need to understand that the rest of Kali doesnt look up to LA like they think we do. We do our own shit, regardless of what LA does. We dont see LA as the "make or break" for Kali. U got 3 of the top 10 biggest cities in the country here with LA, San Diego and Frisco. Plus u got the whole rest of the Bay Area and Sac makin noise. I think the Bay Area, Sac, and Dago gotta respect for eachother...that LA isnt really a part of. U see a lot of our artist workin together with the Bay and Sac artists. More so even then any of us work with LA. Blame who u want for that, but i see it as LA who made it that way. They want the attention...but Kali as a whole aint goin nowhere unless u get a strong push from artists all over. If we dont support eachothers music, from North to South..how do u expect to have the rest of the country get behind it? Like E-40 said...."too many chiefs, and not enough Indians". Everybody wanna be the man.

everything runs thru L.A. in cali. thats the way it is. We birth this bitch called the westcoast. All The Top selling artist from Cali are from L.A. county.   and u speaking madd bitter being from San Diego.  San Diego hip hop doesnt exist unless u talking about that Mexican Cholo bullshit.

youre an idiot homie. San Diego has a big independant scene. people like u are the reason that artists sell out. u act as if selling a lot of records makes what u do "quality". the Eastcoast is kickin our ass in sales.....does that mean all their artists are better? No. So dont pretend that LA has all this talent that the rest of the state doesnt, just because some LA artist have more marketing. Talkin about "we birth this bitch"....YOU didnt do shit lol. Ignorant muthafuckas with your mentality will keep the west from comin back to the forefront. You dont see that just creates an LA vs The Rest of Kali mindset. That shit is stupid. Last year ive heard so many people (even on this forum) say they heard more quality albums come out of the Bay and Dago then what came out of LA. Like i said....Quality, not just strong marketing schemes. Get your shit together before u come back and respond fool.

who the fuck does san diego have? mitchy & jayo? none of those dudes are going no where.  Your biggest rap selling artist is Lil Rob whos majority of his fan base is in Los Angeles. And i don't dislike any certain region outside of L.A.   i just can't stand muthafuckaz like u who always bitch "L.A. always hating on Diego, L.A. is always hating on the bay."  Quit crying you little bitch.  Nobody in L.A. even thinks about any other region.  It comes down the jealousy. L.A. gets alot of attention & Diego & the bay don't so therefore u feel bitter inside towards L.A..

u got the mentality of a 10 year old. when the whole outside world has an opinion about your area....you blame everyone else and dont look at yourself. figure it out homie, none of us give a shit about LA. Thats fine if LA doesnt think about Dago or the Bay...but guess what? We dont really think about u either. And as i said, sales dont equal quality. Ja Rule was a platinum artist. What does that make him? Still wack. So im not talkin about record sales fool. And i was talkin about the attitude artists, record labels, and producers in LA have...not some loser like u. youre nobody homie, just some internet geek that thinks he got the scoop on somethin. Arent u the same idiot that thought he was bringin breaking news about the Lakers before the season...even though most of it didnt come true, and the ones that did was shit everyone else already knew. Your credibility is shot regardless.

i ain't reading that long shit bitch boy.

need me to have someone read it for u? retarded muthafucka.

suckaa free

« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2006, 01:05:14 PM »

Im just saying that before Aftermath, The Game was in San Francisco working on his craft.  Before he was in San Francisco, he didnt have anywhere to go.  I just think he should give San Francisco and the Bay credit for giving the jump start to his carrer.  Shit, maybe im wrong....Im just saying that people shouldnt forget all the things they went throught before making it to the top.  I aint beefin homie, its all love.

why does game have to thank frisco? what did frisco do for game? absolutly nothing.  jt the bigga figga is the only person he should give thanks but even he fucked game over making money off of him releasing bull shit cds.  jt doing the same thing suge knight is doing releasing bullshit music from previous artist.

alright homie, i dont want to argue. you win. i should have known by looking at your login name