Author Topic: The Canadian Military Presence in Canada  (Read 876 times)

Suga Foot

The Canadian Military Presence in Canada
« on: January 30, 2006, 09:34:03 AM »
So I'm driving down Knight Street in Vancouver the other day (long residential/truck route in East Van), and I saw one of these driving down the street:

There were 2 recruitment Vans driving with it.  It was the first time in my life that I actually felt a little proud of being Canadian.  This won't seem like a big deal to the Americans on the board, but we never see stuff like this on the streets.  Whenever I go to Seattle I always see tons of military vehicles on the roads.  People always make fun of Canada's military, and I honestly didn't think we even had stuff like this.  We always see on our military on the news in Afghanistan or whatever, but this was the first time I've ever actually seen them at home.  I hope Harper keeps his promise and makes the military more visible in major Canadain cities.  It's nice to see where my tax dollars are going.

jpm

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: The Canadian Military Presence in Canada
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 09:39:20 AM »
lol our military is small compared to U.S. because U.S. are maniacs. of course we have stuff like this haha, but if i'd see that shit in the streets id freak more than feel safe...
www.ReallyHipHop.com for all the latest hip-hop media available!

Suga Foot

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 09:41:35 AM »
lol our military is small compared to U.S. because U.S. are maniacs. of course we have stuff like this haha, but if i'd see that shit in the streets id freak more than feel safe...

well yeah theirs is among the biggest in the world.  Canada 'invented' peace keeping.  We're like the Vaginas of the military world.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2006, 10:01:17 AM »
i often see military convoys on the motorway here, and if u drive accross the Sailsbury plane (great drive if the roads are clear btw) you have to watch out for the tank crossings

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2006, 10:48:46 AM »

Its called conditioning you to martial law stupid fool, oh yes martial law is so great lets see the soldiers take over the streets, you fucking idiot you have no idea, get the fuck out of here.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2006, 10:57:19 AM »
Its called conditioning you to martial law stupid fool, oh yes martial law is so great lets see the soldiers take over the streets, you fucking idiot you have no idea, get the fuck out of here.

hahahaha
Put down the pipe.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2006, 11:17:43 AM »

Yes its really hilarious you have Ron Paul talking about Bush may try to impose martial law across america and now you have a canadians government the newly elected tories who are very close to the american government. But yes its hilarious isnt it? you don't think that visible troop presence is conditioning for military on the streets?, do you have a mind?  ::)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2006, 11:37:26 AM »
Fuck off Virtuoso, you know nothing about Canada. The Tories are not close to the American government, it's pure bullshit made up by their opponents, in his first press conference PM Designate Harper told the US ambassador to stay out of our business.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2006, 12:01:57 PM »
Yes its really hilarious you have Ron Paul talking about Bush may try to impose martial law across america and now you have a canadians government the newly elected tories who are very close to the american government. But yes its hilarious isnt it? you don't think that visible troop presence is conditioning for military on the streets?, do you have a mind?  ::)

wow

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2006, 12:08:48 PM »

I know nothing about Canada? I have friends and relatives in Halifax Toronto and Sydney, never make assumptions

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2006, 12:27:29 PM »
I know nothing about Canada? I have friends and relatives in Halifax Toronto and Sydney, never make assumptions

Actually, assumptions did not have to be made.  Your post proved that you do not know what you are talking about.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2006, 12:43:47 PM »

Actually, assumptions did not have to be made.  Your post proved that you do not know what you are talking about.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Westcoastin'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Revenge is the sweetest joy next to gettin pussy
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2006, 12:55:27 PM »
why do we need a big military presence in our cities? who's invading?
been rockin' longer than niggas twice my age
back in the days before Bob Marley was rockin' a fade
before Honest Abe signed the paper that freed slaves
before Neanderthals was drawing on walls in caves
I existed, in the garden of Eden gettin' lifted
stickin' dick to Eve before she was Adam's mistress
before Christ created Christmas, I been in lyrical fitness
the Canibus is spittin' til' he's spitless - Canibus

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2006, 12:58:09 PM »

Sydney is found in Nova Scotia, and exactly why do you need a visible military presence on home soil  :o

Suga Foot

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2006, 01:14:58 PM »
why do we need a big military presence in our cities? who's invading?

we don't need it, but having a visible presence can promote the military.  Maybe more people will join because of it.  Maybe it'll run some of the terrorists out, who knows.  But I don't see anything bad about it.