Author Topic: Disturbing. Are we fucking retarded?  (Read 573 times)

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Disturbing. Are we fucking retarded?
« on: January 30, 2006, 07:53:52 PM »
http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/01/30/D8FF6D700.html

By MARTIN CRUTSINGER
AP Economics Writer

WASHINGTON

Americans are spending everything they're making and more, pushing the national savings rate to the lowest point since the Great Depression.

Soaring home prices apparently have convinced people they don't have to worry about saving, a belief that could be seriously tested as 78 million baby boomers begin to retire.

The Commerce Department reported Monday that Americans' personal savings fell into negative territory at minus 0.5 percent last year. That means that people not only spent all of their after-tax income last year but had to dip into previous savings or increase their borrowing.

----

Who ever you fucks are that are spending everything you make and then some... stop.

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Disturbing. Are we fucking retarded?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 10:57:20 PM »
oh man..... :o
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Sikotic™

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 11:26:35 PM »
As a society we're all caught up in having material things. It's horrible. I'm guilty of it myself, but i'm trying to restrict how much I spend.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

J Bananas

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2006, 11:42:21 PM »
no. and a matter o fuckin fact i'ma go to carls jr later tonight, then stop off at the liquor store and get a couple blunt wraps and some apple juice for later, then eat and drive at the same time and probably litter some trash out my window sometime during the ride. but i thought we were allowed to do that here in America, i thought this was America

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2006, 05:26:51 AM »
no. and a matter o fuckin fact i'ma go to carls jr later tonight, then stop off at the liquor store and get a couple blunt wraps and some apple juice for later, then eat and drive at the same time and probably litter some trash out my window sometime during the ride. but i thought we were allowed to do that here in America, i thought this was America

?

Doggystylin

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2006, 07:42:17 AM »
If we don't spend any money they complain about the economy, If we do spend money they say that were not saving enough.....anything just to write up a news article

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2006, 09:26:31 AM »
If we don't spend any money they complain about the economy, If we do spend money they say that were not saving enough.....anything just to write up a news article

No, not really.  A negative savings rate is a really BAD thing.  This isn't just BS to 'write up a news article.' That is ridiculous.  At times consumers spend too much, at times they spend too little, and often times economists and politicians bicker about what a good savings rate really is.  So ya, u see people taking different sides, but the bottom line is, negative savings rates are really bad.  If you think otherwise, do a little research before you just start yapping about shit u don't understand.

ecrazy

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2006, 12:36:56 PM »

No, not really.  A negative savings rate is a really BAD thing.  This isn't just BS to 'write up a news article.' That is ridiculous.  At times consumers spend too much, at times they spend too little, and often times economists and politicians bicker about what a good savings rate really is.  So ya, u see people taking different sides, but the bottom line is, negative savings rates are really bad.  If you think otherwise, do a little research before you just start yapping about shit u don't understand.

its only bad to the people who dont save, its going to be a one sided depression, and the people who did not save are going to be paying for it, and its going to be their bad. all i could say is invest in Potatos.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2006, 12:50:42 PM »
you should run for president.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2006, 04:00:22 PM »
I say to all those overspending, KEEP OVERSPENDING.  If people don't understand the concept of saving money, then i say let them fall out of the gene pool.  Fuck em.

J Bananas

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2006, 04:01:23 PM »
I say to all those overspending, KEEP OVERSPENDING.  If people don't understand the concept of saving money, then i say let them fall out of the gene pool.  Fuck em.

you'd get along with hitler pretty well

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2006, 04:57:32 PM »
I say to all those overspending, KEEP OVERSPENDING. If people don't understand the concept of saving money, then i say let them fall out of the gene pool. Fuck em.

you'd get along with hitler pretty well

Nah, i'm not racist.  If adults don't understand that they need to save their money, thats on them.  I'm not gonna waste my time / effort trying to rectify their situation for them.  Give a man a fish, and he'll eat today.  Teach a man to fish, and he'll eat for a lifetime.  Thats one of the truest cliche's of all time.

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2006, 05:04:02 PM »
^WE CAN CONTROL THE WEATHER, are you 85 and on your deathbed? cus if you're young, guess what? you get to help balance this shit out with YOUR tax money (its gonna need to be rebalanced sooner or later, the govt is gonna choose sooner). overspending and littering, which both destroy and have no benefactors, are horrible ideas too. so how bout a nice big slice of shut the fuck up??

J Bananas

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2006, 10:20:36 PM »
^WE CAN CONTROL THE WEATHER, are you 85 and on your deathbed? cus if you're young, guess what? you get to help balance this shit out with YOUR tax money (its gonna need to be rebalanced sooner or later, the govt is gonna choose sooner). overspending and littering, which both destroy and have no benefactors, are horrible ideas too. so how bout a nice big slice of shut the fuck up??

u mad? it aint like my generation is gonna have to balance shit, we'll put it on the next line of kid. as for littering, tonight i picked up about 40 free autoshopper catalogs and tossed em out my passenger window for about 3 miles. go cry on some lesbians shoulder

alexdeli

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2006, 10:37:57 PM »
spending is actually a good thing, but i think this overspending is ridiculous, it'll just fuck the people in the ass later when they realize they used all their savings on a new deck idea they saw on some television show.  as for the littering, its up to you man, no one can tell you what to do or not, but if you notice, the country's gettin dirtier as time goes on, sooner or later this planet is gonna be so full of fumes that'll fuck up the o-zone and make the world inhabitable.  problem is, fuckin everyone is guilty of polluting, no matter how much they use energy-conservant bullshit.  the world is going to go to hell sooner or later, but i want to make shit as easy for my family and moreso me later; i don't want to be chokin' to breathe dirty air.