Author Topic: Knicks/Raptors Trade  (Read 1688 times)

$do11a biLL$

Knicks/Raptors Trade
« on: February 03, 2006, 01:49:34 PM »
The New York Knicks have acquired Toronto Raptors guard/forward Jalen Rose and a first-round pick in exchange for power forward Antonio Davis, ESPN's Stephen A. Smith reports.

Davis was a likely target to be traded because of his expiring contract.

The Knicks have lost nine of their last 10 games.

Davis, who played for Toronto for four-plus seasons from 1999-2003, served a five-game suspension after going into the stands in Chicago during a confrontation between his wife, Kendra, and a fan. Davis played for the Bulls for 1˝ seasons after being acquired from the Raptors.

The 37-year-old Davis, who spent the first six seasons of his career with the Indiana Pacers, was averaging just 5.0 points and 4.8 rebounds in 36 games for the Knicks.

Rose, who turned 33 on Monday, is averaging 12.1 points -- his lowest mark since 1998-99 with the Pacers -- and 2.8 rebounds in 46 contests.

BizzyR.I.P.

Re: Knicks/Raptors Trade
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2006, 01:53:26 PM »
I can see Davis for Rose but why throw in a 1st rd pick? It's not worth it.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2006, 01:59:56 PM by BombFirst »

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2006, 01:56:45 PM »
Is this a joke?  What the hell are the Raptors thinking?  Why would they give up a first round pick?

acbaylove

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2006, 01:58:48 PM »
First round pick > J.Rose + A.Davis combined. So the Knicks won.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2006, 01:59:33 PM »
yeah that's what i'm sayin, i don't understand the first round pick, it 's going to make the knicks better in the long run though, and it'll hurt the raptors

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2006, 02:03:16 PM »
I feel sorry for you Raptor fans. If they can't re-sign Bosh they might not even be able to replace him through the draft.

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2006, 02:17:16 PM »
raps head office is straight up sad. first they give up carter for basically no one and now they toss in a first round pick like its nuttin. IMO they underutilized rose as well. i hope CB4 leaves T.O. so we can see how good he really is.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2006, 02:21:22 PM »
i predict the toronto raptures will soon become the cinncinati/jacksonville/pittsberg/richmond/des moins/ montpierre/ hatford/albany/buffalo or lansing raptors

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

PLANT

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2006, 02:22:51 PM »
it was a salary dump pretty much.  this way, toronto can free up minutes for joey graham and charlie V and they dont have to pay jalen 17 million next season.  They can use that 17 mil to resign Mike James.  BTW, I guarantee all you guys that Bosh will resign with Toronto.  Just wait and see.

Jalen Rose isnt doing shit for the Raptors, sure hes a big name, but hes the most overpaid player in the NBA and his numbers this year suck.  Do you guys realize Jalen Rose makes more money than Vince Carter does? 

Great move for Toronto, Im surprised they actualy got rid of Rose and his contract.  Not at all suprised it was the Knicks who agreed to take him.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2006, 05:41:20 PM by PLANT »

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2006, 03:35:51 PM »
i liked the trade for different reasons:

first off itll clear salary; they can hopefully sign a couple of players wit that money

secondly wit rose gon, the raps can giv charlie v and joey graham more time to play

next, Davis has experience at center, an area where the Raps need help

as for the draft pick, that one does hurt a bit; but it came from Denver, who will most likely make the playoffs so theyd prolly use that pick near the end of the first round

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Macaframa

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2006, 03:41:00 PM »
Davis prolly wont even play they just did that trade to clear cap space to sighn james, bosh etc

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2006, 04:44:47 PM »
LMAOOOOOOOOOOO

how can people in charge be so DAMN DUMB? im much smarter than those guys, it's not fair that Im broke while those morons make trades like that.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

acbaylove

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2006, 05:10:33 PM »
Not at all suprised it was the Knicks who agreed to take him.

So true.

PLANT

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2006, 05:39:42 PM »
LMAOOOOOOOOOOO

how can people in charge be so DAMN DUMB? im much smarter than those guys, it's not fair that Im broke while those morons make trades like that.
well start by explaining why you WOULDNT have made the trade. 

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2006, 05:46:10 PM »
LMAOOOOOOOOOOO

well start by explaining why you WOULDNT have made the trade. 

Antonio Davis aint no fucking factor. He's like oldest fuck in the NBA. Why would you do it? WHY? A first pick means alot to the raptors, cause they will get an early pick, and look where they got Bosh (who you love so much) from. Plus even tho Rose is an overpaid fuck, he's still better than Davis. As far as I know, his contract expires after this season, so it's not like this can be about salary cap to (re-)sign other players.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin