Author Topic: Souness' Managerial Record  (Read 312 times)

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
Souness' Managerial Record
« on: February 02, 2006, 02:59:37 PM »

SOUNESS' MANAGERIAL RECORD

1986 Becomes player-manager of Rangers. Leads them to three league titles
1991 Appointed Liverpool boss. Wins FA Cup a year later
1993 Leaves Liverpool after club's worst season in 30 years
1995 Becomes coach of Turkish club Galatasaray. Wins Turkish cup but sacked after one season
1996 Joins Southampton as manager but lasts one season
1997 Becomes coach of Italian club Torino. Sacked after five months, and takes over at Benfica
1999 Leaves Benfica
2000 Appointed manager of Blackburn. Wins promotion to Premiership, and claims a League Cup success
2004 Resigns from Blackburn to become Newcastle boss
2006 Sacked by Newcastle following poor start to season
NO MORE WAR

Don Seer

Re: Souness' Managerial Record
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2006, 03:03:10 PM »
found this by accident.. more details..

1953 - Born Edinburgh, May 6.

1969 - Becomes apprentice at Tottenham Hotspur.

1970 - Turns professional at Spurs but complains of homesickness and returns to Scotland without appearing in first team.

1973 - Joins second division Middlesbrough where he develops into superb all-round midfielder, tough in the tackle with a great pass. Helps them to promotion in 1973-74 going on to make 176 league appearances for the club.

1974 - Makes debut for Scotland in 3-0 win over East Germany at Hampden Park.

1978 - Joins Liverpool for 350,000 pounds ($614,300) winning three European Cups, five league titles, four League Cups and making 247 appearances for the club.

Plays for Scotland 1978 World Cup finals and again in 1982 finals. Scots fail to progress beyond the first round in either tournament.

1984 - Moves to Italy with Sampdoria for 650,000 pounds.

1986 - Makes last appearance for Scotland (54 caps in all) against West Germany in World Cup finals in Mexico, another first-stage exit.

Returns from Italy to Britain as player-manager of Scottish side Rangers. Is sent off 35 minutes into his debut.

Leads Rangers to three league titles.

1991 - Becomes Liverpool manager, taking over from former Anfield and Scotland team mate Kenny Dalglish.

1992 - Liverpool win FA Cup, Souness has triple heart bypass operation.

1993 - Leaves Liverpool after club's worst season in 30 years.

1995 - Becomes coach of Turkish club Galatasaray. Wins in Turkish cup final but is sacked after one season.

1996 - Joins Southampton as manager in July.

1997 - May: Resigns from Southampton after one season.

June - Signs two-year contract to coach second division Italian club Torino.

October - Replaced as Torino coach. Takes over at Benfica on three-year contract.

1999 - Leaves Benfica after club fails to qualify for Champions League.

2000 - Appointed manager of Blackburn Rovers.

2001 - Guides them back into the Premier League in his first full season in charge.

2002 - Rovers win League Cup.

2004 - Resigns as Blackburn manager to take charge at Newcastle in September.

2005 - Newcastle finish 14th - their worst in the Premier League - and lose 4-1 to Manchester United in the FA Cup semi-finals.

August: Newcastle pick up just two points from their first five Premier League matches of the new season, scoring just one goal.

Souness spends club record 17 million pounds ($30.16 million) on England striker Michael Owen from Real Madrid.

2006 - Wednesday's 3-0 league defeat at Manchester City is Newcastle's third in a row and 11th of the season, leaving them in 15th place, just six points above the relegation zone.

The following day the club announce that Souness's contract has been terminated with immediate effect.

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2006, 03:07:46 PM »
nice, thanx.

how he got the newcastle job in the 1st place i will never know.  ???
NO MORE WAR

Jome

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2006, 03:36:36 PM »

How this dude gets new top jobs I will never know.
He'll probably take over United or England..  ;D

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2006, 03:39:59 PM »
i don't get it
NO MORE WAR

Intriago33

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2006, 04:06:50 PM »
nice, thanx.

how he got the newcastle job in the 1st place i will never know.  ???

blackburn was the perfect level for him, keep them around 9th-14th place, each season.

he was unfortunate, because parker, emre and owen are all good players, but with the squad he's had even with injuries, there's no excuse for newcastle to be so low in the standings.

shephard fucked up when he fired robson.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2006, 11:34:30 AM »
He's a useless manager pretty much, his only real success has been in Scotland, every other club hes been at have been worse off when he left than they were when he arrived (except for Blackburn but I think they would have been promoted even without Souness in charge). At Benfica he got rid of all there promising young players (including Deco) and brought in people like Brian Deane to replace them, leaving the club in disarray for next 3-4 years.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2006, 07:03:24 AM »
I dont understand y people keep employing him.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson