Author Topic: *New* Exclusive Luu Breeze Interview (THE FUTURE IS NOW!!!!)  (Read 106 times)

ThaHed

• 'G'
*New* Exclusive Luu Breeze Interview (THE FUTURE IS NOW!!!!)
« on: February 07, 2006, 12:55:42 PM »

HIPHOP4EVA (ThaHed):
okay.. for the folks that dont know let the people know who Luu Breeze is

Luu Breeze:
Luu Breeze is the truth for Toronto and the streets cause right now the hip hop scene as everybody knows and can see is terrible at least on the main stream cause im hearing alot more heat come out of the streets. But Luu Breeze is an up and coming rapper and im just trying to put my city and my peoples on the map and show the rest of the world what Toronto really bout naa mean..

HIPHOP4EVA (ThaHed):
So the Prince of the Dot Vol. 1 hit the streets what reactions did you get?

Luu Breeze:
I got a good reaction from the streets you know, there were no haters on the streets but i guess thats because they was infront of me when me and my team was giving the cd's out,I guess they come out when they behind they computers (laughs) but it's all love. It was all love. The haters make me work harder. But what people should know is Prince Of The Dot Vol.1 wasn't even my real mixtape it was just some songs that I had put out to get peoples reaction and they liked it so im gon keep it coming but the real mixtape Prince Of The Dot Vol.2 - The Crownin, look out for that cause that one is the real deal and is gonna be real fire..Got some more features on that one.

HIPHOP4EVA (ThaHed):
No doubt, You mentioned the Prince of the Dot Vol. 2, when can we expect that to hit the streets and gives us the scoop on that

Luu Breeze:
We'll actually it's just in the process of being mixed and mastered right now and I just got a few more collabs I gotta do with some peoples from my click(ChamPaigne GanG) such as Juss Nyce, Blueflame and Cap D but for the most part it's done and im gonna drop that prolly in the early spring so like March. So look out for the boy naa mean... Oh shit and I can't forget collabs i did wit my boy Richie Sosa he fire to trust me

HIPHOP4EVA (ThaHed):
Already, So your on the Rap Sheets DVD (Canadian Hip Hop DVD), how did that go down? and have you recieved a positive reaction from that to?

Luu Breeze:
Oh you already know. Shout outs to my niggas from Rap Sheets C Money and Future. But yeah man my brother Illinoy called them and left a message sayin we wanted to a video and then they had called me back sayin "Yo Luu Breeze we been hearing about you people been saying good things about you, we want you on our dvd" So hell yeah i got right up on that and did my thang and it's been a good look, from there I got a show in March opening up for J Hood I did a show infront of DJ Big Mike in Hamilton. I Performed infront of Duke The God (A & R of Dipset) So yeah yo it was a good look no doubt. And now C Money and Future from Rap Sheets is like fam to like me and my peoples so that's what it is.

HIPHOP4EVA (ThaHed):
Yeah you mentioned opening up for J Hood of D-Block, how did that happen did J see the Rap Sheets DVD or? and is there any upcoming shows you want the people know about?

Luu Breeze:
We'll C Money & Future from Rap Sheets were the ones who got that for me i guess from when I performed infront of DJ Big Mike cause he DJ's for D-Block so yea that's how that came along. But as far as shows i have another show in Hamilton in March the date is still being worked out and then the J Hood one. Also im currently working something out with doing a little march break college tour where we'll be travelling from college to college all over Ontario but I aint gonna give out to much cause it's still in the works so yeah.

HIPHOP4EVA (ThaHed):
Do you plan on doing shows south of the border soon?

Luu Breeze:
I hope. I would love that but as of right now that shit ain't in the works. Hopefully soon

HIPHOP4EVA (ThaHed):
Leading of that do you feel Toronto or Canadian Hip Hop general needs to be succesful in the states to ultimatley be commercially succesful? and what will it take to Canadian Hip Hop to gain full acceptance in your opinon?

Luu Breeze:
Yea I think so cause them dudes over there are making money like i mean build a village for your family rich naa mean. But im not saying step out of being you and switch to fit in over there im saying do you but if these labels who are giving artist over here deals they need to realize who they are competing with there competing with Nelly, 50 Cent and I guess we can say Bow Wow like regardless these dudes are making music that people wanna hear and people are buying so im sayin if you gon be an A & R at a major label in Canada and you giving these dudes who can't rap, make garbage tracks wit garbage hooks and the biggest thing of all, there not marketable which means they can't hold themselves together like rock a pair of jordans properly and the ladies don't dig you then honestly like I said they need to realize who they are up against. This rap shit ain't no joke. Like most of these rappers out here can't even walk back in there own hood let alone get love from another. So what it's gonna take is a real artist who has the look, has the support behind him, ready for anything, the ladies love and he makes music that can compete wit dudes across the border. It's gonna take an artist who got all that. And you what my nigg? You interviewing him right now. Luu Breezy!

HIPHOP4EVA (ThaHed):
(laughs) So lets talk about your musical influences ... who influenced you as a MC if anyone has? and who do you feel is the best in the game right now?

Luu Breeze:
Umm some of my influences were you already know the late and great 2Pac he was my major influence along wit Jay-Z, Nas, M.O.P. I love them niggas man just there energy and niggas don't know, them niggas lyrical. So yeah them dudes and as far as right now im feeling alot of niggas I like T.I., Game, Bump J. Oh yea this nigga a new artist with dipset but im feeling Max B along with the whole of Dipset. But the man that stands out right now and im just killing in the system right now gotta be my nigga from as he say N'orlens (New Orleans) My man Lil Wayne. Oh yeah and I almost forgot U.G.K . Yea dats bout it.. 

HIPHOP4EVA (ThaHed):
(laughs) hell yeah, So are the labels getting at you? can we expect a deal in the near future?

Luu Breeze:
Man being real ain't no talks with any labels as of yet but im aiming for a deal with a label soon and I can gurantee ya'll niggas that im gon get one I aint even worried im young but that's something that me and my peoples are pushing for. And if ya'll haters disagree eat a dick holla at me when you see a nigga you'll know when im near. When you see a flock of young ChamPaigne Gang Goonys just roaming the streets of T.O or for you male haters when you see yo bitch breaking her neck to get a second glance trust me nigga it aint the kicks on my feet. It's cause she can spot real when she see it. Holla!

HIPHOP4EVA (ThaHed):
(laughs) feel that, feel that, What would you say would be your dream collaboration whether it be producer, artist, label ?

Luu Breeze:
I would have like to do a collabo wit Pac like a real one not no fake one but R.I.P. to him. Other then that I'd like to do a collabo with Jay and Nas man. Or with the young dudes like the future of Hip Hop I would love to be on a track with Me, Lil' Wayne,Cassidy(Free Cassidy), Juelz Santana, Fabolous and Game that would be some hot shit man. Naa mean Just 6 niggas wit 6 different flows.

HIPHOP4EVA (ThaHed):
already! What do you think of the Hip Hop game as a whole right now, is the culture and the music headed in the right direction to you?

Luu Breeze:
Yea man I like where Hip Hop's headed well atleast where some niggas are leading it like the real niggas. But I aint got no problem with the Hip Hop scene right now.

HIPHOP4EVA (ThaHed):
How old were you first started rhyming? and how old are you know?

Luu Breeze:
I been rhyming since... I was rhyming since the age of 4, just mumbling things but i was still flowin like I never sounded off beat according to my brother, he use to bring me outside and show his friends when we lived in Orton Park showing them that his lil brother got skills but as far as serious I been doin this for about 4 years. Now im 20 still going. Doin what I do.

HIPHOP4EVA (ThaHed):
already, So i understand that you are going to be adressing Canadian MC Rikoshay in the next Rap Sheets DVD, Can you speak on the situation with him and whats going down?

Luu Breeze:
Naw yo it ain't really nothing, Like I don't know duke but what i do know is that like I say in my verse to the track im doing for Rap Sheets I say "Niggas really ain't breavin what they preachin'/Smells like some Kirk Frankland in this peice man" Like here you are an artist who is supposed to be reppin for Toronto up against all artist since you supposed to be on. Like he got videos on Much music and shit and my nigga got into a lil' sumtin' sumtin' wit dude and ended up giving dude the Rick James 5 fingers to the face and this nigga didn't even defend himself like I mean at least say "Fuck You Nigga" But my duke didn't do that he just got his niggas who was there when all this was going down and ya'll just pick up and leave the club..Naw nigga I don't respect that at all. Like you supposably say you "Stomping & Squishing Competition" And you don't even defend yourself but then look this is who we have representing us on the world wide music map and this is who these labels are giving deals to. To niggas of his stature niggas that are on the same tip as this nigga. Like I dare nigga to try that shit especially when my rep is on the line and you got like 50 to 70 people in the club to witnessing it, naw man im defending mine and theres no way im gon have my niggas wit me and none of them do anything cause i fucks wit goons and that the honest truth and nothing but the truth so help me God. Breezy!

HIPHOP4EVA (ThaHed):
(laughs) Just to switch it up, did you vote this past recent election? if so who for?

Luu Breeze:
Yea i voted. I voted for Liberals cause Conservatives got some fucked up shit bout no more free health care. Basically the rich get richer, and the poor get poorer. So yea that's what it is.

HIPHOP4EVA (ThaHed):
i feel that, Do you feel politics and i guess ... positive or thought provoking rap example Public Enemy is needed in todays hip hop scene?

Luu Breeze:
Oh yea. I just think Public Enemy was 2 real niggas who made real music about real issues and that's just what the game needs like I been saying  real artists who do that and ain't afraid to speak there mind

HIPHOP4EVA (ThaHed):
Exactly, What do you think about censorship in Hip Hop i mean it's like the major labels and corporate folks is censoring these type of things and what do you feel about the major labels as oppose to the indies?

Luu Breeze:
I feel by them censoring music they take away from the right to a"Freedom of Speech" an at the same time they take away from the point I was stating earlier about artist speaking there mind and being real because then we we as artist write something down and lay it down in the booth and then they as the major labels and shit censor our shit it takes away from our freedom of speech. But then you ask yourself isn't that our right? Yea that's what we thought.

HIPHOP4EVA (ThaHed):
On the real, What do you feel is the hardest subject to write or talk about in your music? and do you ever get writers block?

Luu Breeze:
No subject is hard for me to write because if it happend to me I writes about it or if i seen it happend i writes about so it's all 59/50 authentic when it comes from that boy Breezy naa mean. So if i ain't do it or aint seen niggas go through it then I won't write about it

HIPHOP4EVA (ThaHed):
Speaking on that... what was it like in growing up in Toronto for you? and how has it affected your music?

Luu Breeze:
It was coo you know I was born and raised for 9 bout 10 years in Orton Park Scarborough and then moved with my uncle and then from there I been all over the place but I never let the different areas that i moved to, change me and who i really was. Shout out to O.P. and the niggas who's holdin it down now. But yea people don't realize like now I don't live in the hood but even since O.P. I ain't rich now or nuttin' like that like my moms ain't won the lotto naa mean..Like we still strugglin. Like my household went 8 months without hot water. That ain't something im proud of but it's the truth so help me God. And dats how my struggle and just seeing what my moms went through as a single parent mother, help me to explain to the world as shit really went down and is still going down. It basically made me more hungry to go out there and do what i love and work hard at it because i didnt wanna go down the same path that my mom dukes went. And that's the thing between me and some of these other scrappers (scrappers I like to call em) Is that i got a real passion for this music shit like I know my roots not just with hip hop but with r&b and all dat. I know where I've came from, that's why it's gonna be easier for me to get to where im headed.

HIPHOP4EVA (ThaHed):
Word up, Do you feel you have a responsibility to the youth in the inner city to keep it positive through music and speaking to them? And do you feel it's hard to be street but socially concious at the same time? And do you feel you need to speak on certain things in your music?

Luu Breeze:
Yea I feel i have a responsibility as a young black male who if something like a major deal would happend with me i would have the responsibilty to let people who listen to my music no that this is just what i been through and some of it is just music naa mean. And it hard to be street or socially concious because if you street then you street and if you socially concious den dats you just so you, whatever is your field den do you don't ever change to what people may say is cool or "Street" if ain't you naa mean. Real talk, I feel that I have to speak and what i see go on in the world naa mean, and what goes on in my life not what goes on in otha niggas life or what the next been through just be me at the end of the day and speak on topics that others won't.

HIPHOP4EVA (ThaHed):
Is there any producers you would like to work with in the future? and on The Prince of the Dot Pt. 2 can we expect personal beats on there? or is it songs over instrumentals?

Luu Breeze:
yea yo i got like 6 or 7 original joints produced by an up and coming producer Ill Trackz. And a track produced by another producer Boywonda. And other then that it's just straight spittin showin niggas my versatillity so yea but as far as workin with producers in the fututre of corse i wanna work with Kanye, Swizz, Dre all da big playas in da game.

HIPHOP4EVA (ThaHed):
Alright were gonna play a lil game, imma say a person or place etc. and you say the first thing that comes to mind for example if if i said Blue Jays then you woud say Carlos Delgado (or whatever first came to your mind) cool?

Luu Breeze:
yea yo, let's do dis

HIPHOP4EVA (ThaHed):
Nas

Luu Breeze:
Legend

HIPHOP4EVA (ThaHed):
Toronto/Scarborough

Luu Breeze:
Grimey/Thoro

HIPHOP4EVA (ThaHed):
Rikoshay

Luu Breeze:
Pussy (laughs)

HIPHOP4EVA (ThaHed):
(laughs) Wu-Tang Clan

Luu Breeze:
O.D.B

HIPHOP4EVA (ThaHed):
Juelz Santana

Luu Breeze:
Harlem

HIPHOP4EVA (ThaHed):
Vince Carter

Luu Breeze:
Baby (laughs)

HIPHOP4EVA (ThaHed):
(laughs) Chris Bosh

Luu Breeze:
Raptor, Like the actual dinosaur, he looks like one man

HIPHOP4EVA (ThaHed):
(laughs) true, Jalen Rose

Luu Breeze:
New York

HIPHOP4EVA (ThaHed):
(laughs) yup, UGK

Luu Breeze:
Pimps

HIPHOP4EVA (ThaHed):
and last but not least Luu Breeze

Luu Breeze:
Future, flyest maafuka out, naw mean

HIPHOP4EVA (ThaHed):
(laughs) no doubt, Any final words to the fans and the folks at HIPHOP4EVA and any shout outs?

Luu Breeze:
Yo thank you to the people who showed love naa mean I respect that show a nigga love when you see me in da streets. And thank you to the haters to cause ya'll just pointin out to me who don't kno shit about music and that's why we have Kardinall and dem niggas miss represent cause ya'll maafukas don't kno talent ..But I still love ya'll (laughs), Shout Outs to my mother (My Life) My brother Illinoy keep a nigga going Charisse a.k.a Podgy (laughs) always holdin yo man down naa mean ..All Of My ChamPaigne Gang Niggas. Free J Dub, Hasson & Grizz. My Nigga Vic Newman (the real Vic) C.M.C. My nigga Richie Sosa and my niggas at darkwaters/Big tingz, Rock, In10se and everybody dat supports a young fly nigga and Kamakacci, keep a nigga lookin fly (laughs) Holla! Breezy!And thank you man for hookin a brotha up man naw mean gettin my shit out there dats real love cause you didn't even know me till dis so dats real i respect that Holla at me..you know who it is. Cause I do what I do cause I am who I'm Is and who I be Is dat Boy! Breezy a.k.a B Arrra, good lookin fam

HIPHOP4EVA (ThaHed):
(laughs) already, no doubt, thanks for the time

Luu Breeze:
no doubt, its love

DrewDogg

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Veni Vidi Vici / v3 /
Re: *New* Exclusive Luu Breeze Interview (THE FUTURE IS NOW!!!!)
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 07:15:46 PM »
damn, doin interviews and shit. haha. glad the homie is coming up, making movements.

ThaHed

• 'G'
Re: *New* Exclusive Luu Breeze Interview (THE FUTURE IS NOW!!!!)
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 10:38:27 PM »
damn, doin interviews and shit. haha. glad the homie is coming up, making movements.

hell yeah