Author Topic: Mark Cuban ethers Phil Jackson  (Read 1989 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Mark Cuban ethers Phil Jackson
« on: February 08, 2006, 04:19:27 PM »
I Own Phil Jackson

Not literally of course. That thrill belongs to the smartest businesswoman in professional sports,  Jeannie Buss. Figuratively however, the coach formerly known as the Zen Master  must now be considered my bucket boy.

This wasnt an acquisition I proactively pursued. There wasnt an official competition that I won, thereby confirming my dominance of his psyche. Instead Phil has initiated an ongoing commentary about me that started in his previous stint with the Lakers and was reinstated this year with his return, that proves that I own the guy.

For whatever reason, I have gotten to Phil so completely and thoroughly that every time he comes to Dallas  he has to offer unsolicited comments about me to the media.  I wonder if he dreams about me the nights he spends here in Dallas. Ok, I dont wonder. Im curious about it.

How can the NBA coach with so many championship rings find me so intimidating ? I really dont know, but he said as much in December when he  called me an “intimidating force” to the LA Times

”consider a place like Dallas, where the owner runs around, pumps up the volume, intimidates the referees and … has announcers as hired cheerleaders, which is an intimidating force.”

Then of course last night he again took the initiative to comment to the media about how I am such a presence in the NBA,  that i turn  the officials into “nervous nellies”. Implying  that I  can have more influence on the outcome of a game than his coaching skills. I wish.  But if Phil wants to think so. Im fine with that. Thats what happens when you own someone, they cant get you out of their head, and they dont often think , speak or act rationally.

I guess Phil was so overwhelmed that it caused him to take  back to back delay of game penalties and the technical foul that comes with it,  rather than send his team out to the court at the conclusion of a timeout in the 4th quarter.

Of course the officials werent intimidated. At least no more than the other officials who have given Kobe technical fouls to the tune of a league leading 11. Maybe, instead of being so concerned with Mark Cuban,  Phil should be worried about the new rule in place that causes a player to be suspended a game after he gets his 16th technical foul of the season. And if I remember correctly, every technical after 16 results in a 1 game suspension as well.  Cant wait to hear what he has to say when that happens….

Of course I dont truly believe that I own Phil. This is all tongue in cheek, but that wont prevent me from walking up to him and saying “Boo” to see if he jumps, just to find out for sure :)

http://www.blogmaverick.com/entry/1234000730073529/
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

BizzyR.I.P.

Re: Mark Cuban ethers Phil Jackson
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 04:21:32 PM »
Rings:

Phil     9

Cuban 0

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 04:24:30 PM »
Rings:

Phil     9

Cuban 0

$:

Cuban: couple billions

Phil: some millions
No, it's not a sin

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2006, 04:26:32 PM »
Rings:

Phil     9

Cuban 0

$:

Cuban: couple billions

Phil: some millions

Cuban: Spends millions trying to win rings

Phil: Makes millions winning rings

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2006, 04:29:57 PM »
Mavs >> Lakers

Phil: Got lucky with his teams.. barely makes the playoffs with a team that doesn't involve the best SG or the best C ever and a great sidekick each
No, it's not a sin

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2006, 04:31:01 PM »
Mavs >> Lakers

Phil: Got lucky with his teams.. barely makes the playoffs with a team that doesn't involve the best SG or the best C ever and a great sidekick each
How many rings did Jordan & Pippen have without Phil? How about Kobe & Shaq?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2006, 04:33:22 PM »
Mavs >> Lakers

no doubt he's a great coach but let's not act as if he could do magic tricks nigga

let's not disgress. cuban bucked phil.
No, it's not a sin

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2006, 04:35:09 PM »
LOL @ the "boo" part

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2006, 04:48:39 PM »
Cuban is like a kid in a candy store.  He had the $$, bought a team, made them contenders.  He's a huge fan of the game, and he gets to do whatever he wants with it.  I'm jealous.

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2006, 07:09:52 PM »
^lol so true.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2006, 10:00:33 PM »
Phil Jackson is right, Mark Cuban is mad about it...The league is basically on Cuban's nuts, especially the officials. Mark Cuban is one of the biggest bitches in sports today...That's no lie. He mentally manipulates people. He uses his words to his advantage more than any NBA personell I've ever seen. Are you telling me that the refs didn't call those 2 touch fouls flagrant fouls because of Cuban's presence? That's bullshit...The game verse Dallas was honestly one of the worst officiated games I've ever seen. It was so blatant that the refs were 100% siding with Dallas...Phil Jackson put shit in perspective and Mark Cuban's just bitchin' about it...LOL

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2006, 10:14:24 PM »
Mavs >> Lakers

lol how many rings does Phil have without Jordan/Pippen? Kobe/Shaq?

What did Red Aurbach say about Phil? "He picks his spots"

as for the Cuban quote. remember, Cuban is responding to Phil's accusations that the referees favor the Mavs when they go t Dallas cus theyre intimidated by Cuban. Because he has people review the tapes of the games and sends them into the league if there are mistakes. So Phil said that the Mavs have an unfair advantage. Cuban sayin he "owns Phil" is him saying that Phil thinks about him so much, that he must own him. Im not a big Cuban fan, but honestly i dont see anything wrong with him having ex-referees exam tapes of the games and send them to the league offices when there are big mistakes made. The only problem is that the other owners dont do the same. Ive always hated the idea that the refs are SO untouchable. They SHOULD be held more accountable when they fuck up.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2006, 10:23:36 PM »
Mavs >> Lakers

as for the Cuban quote. remember, Cuban is responding to Phil's accusations that the referees favor the Mavs when they go t Dallas cus theyre intimidated by Cuban. Because he has people review the tapes of the games and sends them into the league if there are mistakes. So Phil said that the Mavs have an unfair advantage. Cuban sayin he "owns Phil" is him saying that Phil thinks about him so much, that he must own him. Im not a big Cuban fan, but honestly i dont see anything wrong with him having ex-referees exam tapes of the games and send them to the league offices when there are big mistakes made. The only problem is that the other owners dont do the same. Ive always hated the idea that the refs are SO untouchable. They SHOULD be held more accountable when they fuck up.

Bottom line, the officiating last night in Dallas more than proved Phil Jackson's point...Mark Cuban simply got extra bitter about it.

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2006, 10:24:56 PM »
Mavs >> Lakers

Like Red Aurbach is one to talk, he had Russel & Havlichek. The Celtics won with Russel as a player/coach.

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2006, 10:27:25 PM »
Mavs >> Lakers

Bottom line, the officiating last night in Dallas more than proved Phil Jackson's point...Mark Cuban simply got extra bitter about it.

i didnt watch the game, so i dunno about last nights game. but the thing im sayin is, if more owners or GM's or whatever stood up the officiating when its bad (as in, sending in official complaints and video tape to the league office), then no one would have any type of advantage (if Cuban really does have one). Also, the refs WOULD be ontop of their game a little more with the added pressure to perform. believe me man, im not defending Cuban. I dont hate the guy, but i dont like him either. he's kind of a fuckin wierdo to me anyways. i was just respondin to the dood who thought this was all Cuban goin after Phil...when really it was Phil complaining about Cuban.