Author Topic: kwame brown!  (Read 1199 times)

GangstaBoogy

kwame brown!
« on: February 13, 2006, 09:44:07 PM »
Man h kwame brown has to be the worst player in nba history. He can't catch, shoot, pass, play defense at all. And he's gettin paid like $15million!  >:(
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: kwame brown!
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 09:47:14 PM »
What a lucky guy

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 10:00:20 PM »
not the WORST. But maybe the worst for the money lol. He has been a bust so far. Hopefully for him he finds his way and gets it together. Either that or bulk up, throw on a buncha muscle and become somewhat of a "garbage man" for the Lakers. Good to have a player to make the hustle plays and theres been a lot of guys who make up for their lack of talent, with pure hustle to make themselves a factor in the NBA. But yeah, so far the guy sucks.

Doggystylin

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2006, 10:47:53 PM »
if he could just catch and hold on to the ball, the guy seems to have the worst hands ever, and plus he never jumps he always goes up soft and misses or gets blocked, dunk that shit dammit

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2006, 11:00:10 PM »
if he could just catch and hold on to the ball, the guy seems to have the worst hands ever, and plus he never jumps he always goes up soft and misses or gets blocked, dunk that shit dammit

So if he could catch the ball and hold onto it, if he could jump, if he wasnt soft, if he didnt get blocked and miss shots all the time, and if he would dunk....he'd be ok?

acbaylove

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2006, 11:24:47 PM »
Don't say it to me...... >:(

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2006, 12:33:27 AM »
Don't say it to me...... >:(

KWAME SUCKS  ;)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2006, 01:36:52 AM »
I agree, he should become fat in order to be the next Oliver Miller. That's the most efficient thing he can do. Forget serious basketball with this cat.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2006, 03:32:59 AM »
LMAOOOOOO

The Lakers just extended his contract. Oh boy. Bye Bye big free agent in 2007-08. Good luck becoming contenders with the biggest bust in nba history.

The 2007 Plan Dead?
After making a stab at Ron Artest, the Lakers have appeared to be quiet on the trade front.  A rebuffed inquiry to the New York Knicks on Channing Frye aside, LA has been said to be offering no more than Devean George, Slava Medvedenko and the Miami 2006 pick to any inquiring suitor.

The plan from the moment Shaquille O'Neal was traded to the Miami Heat was to attain cap room in 2007 to pursue a top free agent.  Unfortunately for the Lakers, names like Yao Ming and Amare Stoudemire inked long term extensions with their existing teams.  The hope of acquiring LeBron James may be nothing more than a fantasy.

Still, all of the team's moves over the last year or so have seemingly been geared towards maintaining their cap flexibility in 2007.

Or have they?

This summer, the Lakers traded Caron Butler and Chucky Atkins to the Washington Wizards for Kwame Brown.  The deal was a sign and trade which had Brown's contract guaranteed for two seasons.  The third season was originally $9.075 million in non-guaranteed money at the Lakers' discretion, thus fitting into the 2007 plan.

BUT

After a number of inquiries to sources within and around the NBA, the Lakers have already GUARANTEED Brown's third year.

Why would they do so?  The answer can only be speculative, but whatever the reason may be the 2007 plan is now defunct.

Unless the Lakers are able to clear Kwame Brown's contract off their books before then, the Lakers will have nearly $45 million in guaranteed salaries heading into the summer of 2007 with just Kobe Bryant, Lamar Odom, Andrew Bynum and Brown on the roster. A reasonable projection is that the salary cap in 2007 will be near $53 million dollars, but with the complex rules of the collective bargaining agreement, the Lakers will have no more to offer than that summer's mid-level exception. In other words, the waiting will have been for nothing.

Perhaps the 2007 plan has been cast by the wayside for 2008 when players like LeBron James, Chris Bosh and Kevin Garnett may be unrestricted free agents (Garnett has an early termination option in 2008, not in 2007 as recently misreported by ESPN Insider). [7even says: Arent LeBron and Bosh already free after 06-07?]

Is wasting three years of Kobe Bryant's prime worth the sacrifice?  Will the player the Lakers ultimately attain be that special?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2006, 04:01:14 AM by 7 »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2006, 05:25:50 AM »
Yeah, we're fucked with this fucking dufus on our team. I guess the only hope is that Bynum will get better, and they'll trade Odom for somebody better and smarter - that idiot lost 2 guaranteed wins in the last month by taking the ball to the basket and losing it when the Lakers were up with a few seconds to go in the 4th
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

acbaylove

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2006, 06:20:37 AM »
LMAOOOOOO

The Lakers just extended his contract. Oh boy. Bye Bye big free agent in 2007-08. Good luck becoming contenders with the biggest bust in nba history.

The 2007 Plan Dead?
After making a stab at Ron Artest, the Lakers have appeared to be quiet on the trade front.  A rebuffed inquiry to the New York Knicks on Channing Frye aside, LA has been said to be offering no more than Devean George, Slava Medvedenko and the Miami 2006 pick to any inquiring suitor.

The plan from the moment Shaquille O'Neal was traded to the Miami Heat was to attain cap room in 2007 to pursue a top free agent.  Unfortunately for the Lakers, names like Yao Ming and Amare Stoudemire inked long term extensions with their existing teams.  The hope of acquiring LeBron James may be nothing more than a fantasy.

Still, all of the team's moves over the last year or so have seemingly been geared towards maintaining their cap flexibility in 2007.

Or have they?

This summer, the Lakers traded Caron Butler and Chucky Atkins to the Washington Wizards for Kwame Brown.  The deal was a sign and trade which had Brown's contract guaranteed for two seasons.  The third season was originally $9.075 million in non-guaranteed money at the Lakers' discretion, thus fitting into the 2007 plan.

BUT

After a number of inquiries to sources within and around the NBA, the Lakers have already GUARANTEED Brown's third year.

Why would they do so?  The answer can only be speculative, but whatever the reason may be the 2007 plan is now defunct.

Unless the Lakers are able to clear Kwame Brown's contract off their books before then, the Lakers will have nearly $45 million in guaranteed salaries heading into the summer of 2007 with just Kobe Bryant, Lamar Odom, Andrew Bynum and Brown on the roster. A reasonable projection is that the salary cap in 2007 will be near $53 million dollars, but with the complex rules of the collective bargaining agreement, the Lakers will have no more to offer than that summer's mid-level exception. In other words, the waiting will have been for nothing.

Perhaps the 2007 plan has been cast by the wayside for 2008 when players like LeBron James, Chris Bosh and Kevin Garnett may be unrestricted free agents (Garnett has an early termination option in 2008, not in 2007 as recently misreported by ESPN Insider). [7even says: Arent LeBron and Bosh already free after 06-07?]

Is wasting three years of Kobe Bryant's prime worth the sacrifice?  Will the player the Lakers ultimately attain be that special?

:yikes:

Nik please explain me this bullshit...........

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2006, 09:45:49 AM »
Come on, guys...Yea, he's been inconcsistant, but he doesn't suck, he's just that...Inconsistant. I admit, he hasn't become that beast like I wanted him to, but he's been TOTALLY serviceable for us, especially on the defensive end. I mean, he just had a game the other night where he put up 18 points on 6-6 FG and 6-6 FT along with 8 boards and 1 block. That just tells me he doesn't suck, he just can't always utilize his skill. Last night he had 0 points, but 8 rebounds and 2 blocks...How do you go from 18 to 0? That's his problem, he needs to stay more consistant, but in the mean time (other than his small hands dropping passes), he's been very serviceable...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2006, 09:51:53 AM »
LMAOOOOOO

The 2007 Plan Dead?

Or have they?

BUT

Well. LeBron and Bosh are RESTRICTED free-agents in '07. Our best bet in '07 would be for a sign-and-trade. That's why it was called the 07/08 plan, because all those restricted free agents become unrestricted in '08...That's most likely what the Lakers are going for, a 2008 plan. Plus, the free agent list looks much nicer in '08...PeACe

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2006, 11:00:22 AM »
Come on, guys...Yea, he's been inconcsistant, but he doesn't suck, he's just that...Inconsistant. I admit, he hasn't become that beast like I wanted him to, but he's been TOTALLY serviceable for us, especially on the defensive end. I mean, he just had a game the other night where he put up 18 points on 6-6 FG and 6-6 FT along with 8 boards and 1 block. That just tells me he doesn't suck, he just can't always utilize his skill. Last night he had 0 points, but 8 rebounds and 2 blocks...How do you go from 18 to 0? That's his problem, he needs to stay more consistant, but in the mean time (other than his small hands dropping passes), he's been very serviceable...

Not only that, he needs to dunk when he gets up close. There were a couple of shots tht he missed where he easily could have just dunked it. The game where he had 18 points, that's because he was dunking the ball instead of shooting weak layups.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2006, 11:50:35 AM »

Not only that, he needs to dunk when he gets up close. There were a couple of shots tht he missed where he easily could have just dunked it. The game where he had 18 points, that's because he was dunking the ball instead of shooting weak layups.

Exactly. It has to do with his small hands. He has no ball control when he goes up for a lay-up, it almost always looks like the ball slips out of his hands or he gets too excited and throws it way too strong off the glass. His 2 handed power-slam is his trademark. If he can cut down on weak lay-ups, and utilize his strength, he can be a monster down low...He has those games, but he doesnt always do it. It's almost as if hes not giving it his all 100% of the time...