Author Topic: kwame brown!  (Read 1198 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: kwame brown!
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2006, 02:29:53 PM »
Come on, guys...Yea, he's been inconcsistant, but he doesn't suck, he's just that...Inconsistant. I admit, he hasn't become that beast like I wanted him to, but he's been TOTALLY serviceable for us, especially on the defensive end. I mean, he just had a game the other night where he put up 18 points on 6-6 FG and 6-6 FT along with 8 boards and 1 block. That just tells me he doesn't suck, he just can't always utilize his skill. Last night he had 0 points, but 8 rebounds and 2 blocks...How do you go from 18 to 0? That's his problem, he needs to stay more consistant, but in the mean time (other than his small hands dropping passes), he's been very serviceable...

Not only that, he needs to dunk when he gets up close. There were a couple of shots tht he missed where he easily could have just dunked it. The game where he had 18 points, that's because he was dunking the ball instead of shooting weak layups.

Exactly. It has to do with his small hands. He has no ball control when he goes up for a lay-up, it almost always looks like the ball slips out of his hands or he gets too excited and throws it way too strong off the glass.

shawn kemp was notorious for his small hands. he kept losing those dunk competitions supposedly cus he was huge, and couldnt even palm the ball. but he didnt have the problems that Kwame is having. Kwame just isnt that good man.

Are you kidding me? Shawn Kemp's hands are uncomparable to Kwame's. Kemp actually has control of the ball when he gors up for a dunk, I've seen him do SOOOO many power dunks with 1 hand. That is something Kwame is certainly incapable of...Not only does he have small hands, but he has FREAKISHLY small hands...Kwame IS good, he just doesn't stay consistant with his goodness. How can a player who's not good average 11 points and 8 rebounds at age 20? Kwame doesn't utilize his skill, athleticism, and/or talent 100% of the time...That's with it comes down to.

my point exactly. Kemp was ALWAYS known for his small hands. He was known for the fact that he couldnt even palm the ball. But yet he didnt have the same problems Kwame has. So...in conclusion (lol), dont blame Kwame's problems on the size of his hands. Blame it on the size of his talent.

LOL. You don't get it. The ball slips out of Kwames hands due to the fact that they are extraordinarily small (not like Kemps)...It's not due to his talent. You're right, he doesn't utilize his talent that often as well, but that's not the reason he has bad hands...PeACe

you dont get it lol. Kemp had extraordinarily small hands also. like i said, that was the big thing about him losing all those dunk competitions. What was Kemp? 6'10"? How many 6'10" players cant palm a basketball? He couldnt. Kwame just isnt that good is all. Its like sayin Ostertag isnt an all star....cus he has small feet. lol. No...its cus he sucks. Kwame sucks, period. Youre just defending him cus you kept pumpin him up before the season. And now, he's garbage. You were wrong about him, dont make excuses now.

LOL...I think YOU don't get it. Kwame still has athleticism/talent...He just doesn't utilize it often, and it's harder for him to utilize due to his small hands...Like those games where he was grabbing the ball and jamming rebounds with TWO hands, he couldn't miss a thing...Then the next game he goes back to going up weak with one hand...It's not that he sucks, it's just that most of the time he's lost and unprepared out there on the court, on the offensive end at least...PeACe

that's enough to rule out the good player possibility, kids a disgrace to the #1 pick jus like the candy man

Kwame > Olowakandi...Not only that, take into account age difference, and the fact that Kwame has many years ahead of him to develop and has played great in the past. If he can utilize all the athleticism and skill he has, he can definitely not be as big a bust as it seems now...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2006, 02:37:27 PM »
Come on, guys...Yea, he's been inconcsistant, but he doesn't suck, he's just that...Inconsistant. I admit, he hasn't become that beast like I wanted him to, but he's been TOTALLY serviceable for us, especially on the defensive end. I mean, he just had a game the other night where he put up 18 points on 6-6 FG and 6-6 FT along with 8 boards and 1 block. That just tells me he doesn't suck, he just can't always utilize his skill. Last night he had 0 points, but 8 rebounds and 2 blocks...How do you go from 18 to 0? That's his problem, he needs to stay more consistant, but in the mean time (other than his small hands dropping passes), he's been very serviceable...

Not only that, he needs to dunk when he gets up close. There were a couple of shots tht he missed where he easily could have just dunked it. The game where he had 18 points, that's because he was dunking the ball instead of shooting weak layups.

Exactly. It has to do with his small hands. He has no ball control when he goes up for a lay-up, it almost always looks like the ball slips out of his hands or he gets too excited and throws it way too strong off the glass.

shawn kemp was notorious for his small hands. he kept losing those dunk competitions supposedly cus he was huge, and couldnt even palm the ball. but he didnt have the problems that Kwame is having. Kwame just isnt that good man.

Are you kidding me? Shawn Kemp's hands are uncomparable to Kwame's. Kemp actually has control of the ball when he gors up for a dunk, I've seen him do SOOOO many power dunks with 1 hand. That is something Kwame is certainly incapable of...Not only does he have small hands, but he has FREAKISHLY small hands...Kwame IS good, he just doesn't stay consistant with his goodness. How can a player who's not good average 11 points and 8 rebounds at age 20? Kwame doesn't utilize his skill, athleticism, and/or talent 100% of the time...That's with it comes down to.

my point exactly. Kemp was ALWAYS known for his small hands. He was known for the fact that he couldnt even palm the ball. But yet he didnt have the same problems Kwame has. So...in conclusion (lol), dont blame Kwame's problems on the size of his hands. Blame it on the size of his talent.

LOL. You don't get it. The ball slips out of Kwames hands due to the fact that they are extraordinarily small (not like Kemps)...It's not due to his talent. You're right, he doesn't utilize his talent that often as well, but that's not the reason he has bad hands...PeACe

you dont get it lol. Kemp had extraordinarily small hands also. like i said, that was the big thing about him losing all those dunk competitions. What was Kemp? 6'10"? How many 6'10" players cant palm a basketball? He couldnt. Kwame just isnt that good is all. Its like sayin Ostertag isnt an all star....cus he has small feet. lol. No...its cus he sucks. Kwame sucks, period. Youre just defending him cus you kept pumpin him up before the season. And now, he's garbage. You were wrong about him, dont make excuses now.

LOL...I think YOU don't get it. Kwame still has athleticism/talent...He just doesn't utilize it often, and it's harder for him to utilize due to his small hands...Like those games where he was grabbing the ball and jamming rebounds with TWO hands, he couldn't miss a thing...Then the next game he goes back to going up weak with one hand...It's not that he sucks, it's just that most of the time he's lost and unprepared out there on the court, on the offensive end at least...PeACe

so im guessing youd agree Kemp was a FAR.......FAR better player then Kwame is. So seeing as how they both have the "hand" problem. What would u say the difference is? Skill? Talent? And Kemp wasnt all THAT skilled. But compared to Kwame he's a damn hall of famer lol. All im saying is, youre making excuses....and really stretchin for this one. "His hands are small....so he looks really bad on the court". Thats without a doubt the wackest excuse ive ever heard lol. You said that he was making all his shots when he would go up with 2 hands and dunk it (umm...2 handed dunks usually = high percentage shots), but he when he goes up weak....he misses. U just described most bigmen in the league man. As a matter of fact, u just described Shaq. I think Kwame's problems are FAR bigger then what youve said. The guy sucks, period.

LOL. You don't get it! Kemp and Kwame are two completely different players...Kwame doesn't have the same confidence as Kemp, he isn't as polished as Kemp, and is not nearly as explosive...The guy doesn't "suck, period"...Yes, he has put up weak games, but he's also saved the Lakers in some games this season...The fact is, nobody who sucks can score 30 and grab 19 against an elite team. Kwame has shown flashes of excellence, but so far, he's not been very consistant...Jack Haley sucked...Chris Dudley sucked...Pig Miller sucked...Kwame Brown does not suck...PeACe

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2006, 05:31:34 PM »
Kwame's the new age Sam Bowie

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

Citizen-Y

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2006, 11:00:04 PM »

What.  Bowie was twice the player Kwame could ever hope to be.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2006, 02:20:10 AM »

1 game doesn't make you a good player. I mean just because kobe scored 81 points in a game doesn't mean he's gonna do it all the time

Chris mihm is pretty good. Hopefully he'll be back soon. Him, brian cook, and kobe are doing great. Smush parker would make a good bench player. Lamar odom needs to be traded.

Somebody tell the lakers to trade lamar odom for paul pierce. He's not happy in boston.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2006, 06:38:24 AM »

so im guessing youd agree Kemp was a FAR.......FAR better player then Kwame is. So seeing as how they both have the "hand" problem. What would u say the difference is? Skill? Talent? And Kemp wasnt all THAT skilled. But compared to Kwame he's a damn hall of famer lol. All im saying is, youre making excuses....and really stretchin for this one. "His hands are small....so he looks really bad on the court". Thats without a doubt the wackest excuse ive ever heard lol. You said that he was making all his shots when he would go up with 2 hands and dunk it (umm...2 handed dunks usually = high percentage shots), but he when he goes up weak....he misses. U just described most bigmen in the league man. As a matter of fact, u just described Shaq. I think Kwame's problems are FAR bigger then what youve said. The guy sucks, period.

LOL. You don't get it! Kemp and Kwame are two completely different players...Kwame doesn't have the same confidence as Kemp, he isn't as polished as Kemp, and is not nearly as explosive...The guy doesn't "suck, period"...Yes, he has put up weak games, but he's also saved the Lakers in some games this season...The fact is, nobody who sucks can score 30 and grab 19 against an elite team. Kwame has shown flashes of excellence, but so far, he's not been very consistant...Jack Haley sucked...Chris Dudley sucked...Pig Miller sucked...Kwame Brown does not suck...PeACe

"doesnt have the same confidence as Kemp, he isnt as polished as Kemp, and is not nearly as explosive". Like i said, Kemp wasnt THAT skilled. So u just basically took ALL of Kemps positives....and said Kwame doesnt have them lol. You need to quit with this "flashes of excellence" shit you been pumpin all year. 90% of the players/teams in the league have shown "flashes of excellence". It doesnt mean anything. Just give up on this one NIK, youre only defendin this retard because he's a Laker, and because u tried to build him up before the season. Everyone else agrees, even Laker fans....the kid is a bust so far. He just ISNT that good. He's a bigman with not much skill, who's plays soft. A bad combination.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2006, 11:04:20 AM »

What.  Bowie was twice the player Kwame could ever hope to be.

Kwame is 23.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2006, 11:11:01 AM »

"doesnt have the same confidence as Kemp, he isnt as polished as Kemp, and is not nearly as explosive". Like i said, Kemp wasnt THAT skilled. So u just basically took ALL of Kemps positives....and said Kwame doesnt have them lol. You need to quit with this "flashes of excellence" shit you been pumpin all year. 90% of the players/teams in the league have shown "flashes of excellence". It doesnt mean anything. Just give up on this one NIK, youre only defendin this retard because he's a Laker, and because u tried to build him up before the season. Everyone else agrees, even Laker fans....the kid is a bust so far. He just ISNT that good. He's a bigman with not much skill, who's plays soft. A bad combination.

Okay...Again, you are missing the point. There are 2 kinds of weak players who can still be serviceable. Take a player like Travis Knight, for instance, who is weak, yet has played good in games and has helped out his team. That's because he excelled, he did all he could, he reached his prime, met full potential, and he was finished, but he still wasn't good overall. Then there's the Kwame type. He's just as serviceable (if not more) than Travis Knight ever was, yet he hasn't met expectations, hasn't met potential, still has MANY years ahead of him, has done some amazing things only Travis Knight has dreamt of, etc...You see what I mean? Kwame is soft, yes, that doesn't mean there's no room for improvement/development. His numbers have been picking up from the beginning of the season and he has shown us that he can do his job...It's just on whether he's capable of it night in and night out...PeACe

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2006, 12:34:18 AM »

Okay...Again, you are missing the point. There are 2 kinds of weak players who can still be serviceable. Take a player like Travis Knight, for instance, who is weak, yet has played good in games and has helped out his team. That's because he excelled, he did all he could, he reached his prime, met full potential, and he was finished, but he still wasn't good overall. Then there's the Kwame type. He's just as serviceable (if not more) than Travis Knight ever was, yet he hasn't met expectations, hasn't met potential, still has MANY years ahead of him, has done some amazing things only Travis Knight has dreamt of, etc...You see what I mean? Kwame is soft, yes, that doesn't mean there's no room for improvement/development. His numbers have been picking up from the beginning of the season and he has shown us that he can do his job...It's just on whether he's capable of it night in and night out...PeACe

its funny u can say im not getting "the point" when u never seem to get mine. My point was very, very simple. You based Kwame's failure so far on the fact that he has small hands. He cant hold onto the ball, he loses the ball when he doesnt go up strong...etc...etc. My only point was that his problems are far bigger then small hands. When a player like Kemp who made several all star appearences had the exact same problems with hand size. So the whole "Kwame has small hands" argument is out the window. Theres another problems. He's soft, and he doesnt have a whole lot of skills. U can make in the NBA being soft, if u have a ton of skill. U can even make it without much skill, if youre just tough down low. But soft, and no skills...then u just suck. He should be bangin down there, period. If his game is going to develop like youre praying it does....then he needs to toughin up in the meantime until he gains other skills. Oakley had NO skills early in his career. He was ONLY a bruiser, and enforcer. But as his career went on, he became a pretty reliable shooter around the 15 foot mark. But in the meantime, he made his presence felt in other ways. Tough under the glass, physical on defense, etc. Kwame is just a bust so far. The guy is weak.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2006, 12:36:43 AM »
Stop qouting each other, it's easier on the eyes  ;)

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2006, 12:39:00 AM »

aiight

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2006, 12:39:23 AM »

aiight

shit, sorry....did it again

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2006, 12:39:38 AM »

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2006, 12:42:29 AM »
I like the quoting cause when I'm not up to date on someones convo, I just read the latest post and get all the news. Instead of scrolling and reading every post.

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2006, 12:47:26 AM »
I like the quoting cause when I'm not up to date on someones convo, I just read the latest post and get all the news. Instead of scrolling and reading every post.

amen!