Author Topic: kwame brown!  (Read 1197 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: kwame brown!
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2006, 10:47:11 AM »

its funny u can say im not getting "the point" when u never seem to get mine. My point was very, very simple. You based Kwame's failure so far on the fact that he has small hands. He cant hold onto the ball, he loses the ball when he doesnt go up strong...etc...etc. My only point was that his problems are far bigger then small hands. When a player like Kemp who made several all star appearences had the exact same problems with hand size. So the whole "Kwame has small hands" argument is out the window. Theres another problems. He's soft, and he doesnt have a whole lot of skills. U can make in the NBA being soft, if u have a ton of skill. U can even make it without much skill, if youre just tough down low. But soft, and no skills...then u just suck. He should be bangin down there, period. If his game is going to develop like youre praying it does....then he needs to toughin up in the meantime until he gains other skills. Oakley had NO skills early in his career. He was ONLY a bruiser, and enforcer. But as his career went on, he became a pretty reliable shooter around the 15 foot mark. But in the meantime, he made his presence felt in other ways. Tough under the glass, physical on defense, etc. Kwame is just a bust so far. The guy is weak.

Are you just retarded? Seriously, man, there's no getting to you...I never said Kwames ONLY problem was that he had small hands. I said that was PART of the problem, as it OBVIOUSLY is...The fact that he can learn to cope with using his small hands has nothing to do with the fact that him having small hands DOES affect his game...OF COURSE his problems are far bigger than his small hands, that is self-evident, and that's why I say you don't get the point, because you make comments like those...Like I said, he hasn't met his potential, he's considered a bust, yet he's been very serviceable to our team...Imagine how it'd be if he WASNT a bust...The guy doesn't suck, I see him come through with at least 1 great move every game. He just needs to toughen up and become more of an offensive aggressor...Kwame's last 4 games:

9 pts (3-4 FG), 7 rebounds, 1 block, 1 steal
19 points (6-6 FG), 8 rebounds, 1 block
0 points (0-5 FG), 8 rebounds, 2 blocks
10 pts (5-5 FG), 3 rebounds

Those aren't the greatest numbers, but if those are his numbers when people consider him a bust, I wanna see what he can do when he actually meets his potential and starts playing consistantly like I know he can...

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2006, 07:37:16 PM »
^theres still no excuse for not being able to catch a ball. how the hell was he a #1 draft pick?

and to think...we gave up caron butler AND chucky atkins for this dude
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2006, 09:40:11 AM »
Ronny Turiaf (2nd round pick) >>>> Kwame Brown (#1 draft pick)

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2006, 11:20:03 AM »
^theres still no excuse for not being able to catch a ball. how the hell was he a #1 draft pick?

and to think...we gave up caron butler AND chucky atkins for this dude

You're right, there is no excuse for Kwame's softness...He looks like he can be amazing, he's physically ready to be an elite big, he has the prototype body for the perfect power forward, he just can't utilize it...For now, he's a role player, a very serviceable big...I still feel as if he can change that though...PeACe

acbaylove

« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2006, 02:13:23 PM »
I'm extremely cool with Odom as the 3rd star of the team and Brown off the bench. The problem is we miss the 2nd star and a good starting PF.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2006, 03:39:37 PM »
Kwame Brown/Brian Cook/Ronny Turiaf at the 4 looks great to me. It's out inconsistancies as a team that makes us look bad, not our players...It should turn around soon, and if it doesn't and the Lakers don't make the playoffs, then our plan didn't work...