Author Topic: Francis for Odom?  (Read 1946 times)

BizzyR.I.P.

Francis for Odom?
« on: February 20, 2006, 09:58:12 PM »
Feb 19 The Lakers are "aggressively" pursuing a trade that would send forward Lamar Odom to the Magic for Francis in a multiplayer deal, Orlando Sentinel reports.

Recommendation: Other teams showing interest in Francis' services include the Rockets, Knicks, Nuggets and Sonics. Francis' fantasy value won't change much wherever he ends up.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=rotowire-teverancisouldbeffto&prov=rotowire&type=lgns

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Re: Francis for Odom?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 10:09:32 PM »
ORLANDO - Orlando Magic assistant general manager Otis Smith said Saturday that while he's continuing trade talks involving point guard Steve Francis he's had no contact with the Los Angeles Lakers about a potential deal for Lamar Odom.

http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060219/SPORTS/602190341/1002/SPORTS

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2006, 10:15:32 PM »
The magic are using the Lakers to  get more from the team they're going to trade Francis to(The Nuggets)

T-Dub

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 12:05:51 AM »
The magic are using the Lakers to  get more from the team they're going to trade Francis to(The Nuggets)

That's what I've heard.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2006, 04:55:16 AM »
Not that Odom is better than Francis, but this trade would suck cause Lakers' backcourt is already better than the bigger dudes, so the balance would be completely ass if they did that
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2006, 06:41:11 AM »
Not that Odom is better than Francis, but this trade would suck cause Lakers' backcourt is already better than the bigger dudes, so the balance would be completely ass if they did that

Francis has always been one of my favorite players actually. At one time probably my favorite. But i dont know how him and Kobe would fit together. Francis has confidence, and likes to score. Kobe's happy being surrounded with players who have no confidence, and just like to pass him the ball lol

wcsoldier

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2006, 09:47:51 AM »
This would be a shitty trade for us. I admit Odom is often gettin on my nerves but he's still important for us. Who would take rebounds if Odom was away ? I wasn't for a Artest-Odom deal so you better kiddin me when it comes to Francis. I wouldn't trade Lamar , outside for Garnett but there are very few chances for it to happen (and it implies that Bynum would be part of the deal...). I prefer to wait for Bosh in 07-08

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2006, 10:47:04 AM »
Kobe's happy being surrounded with players who have no confidence, and just like to pass him the ball lol

LMAO. You are an idiot...You really buy into all that hate-media crap? Kobe is happy with winning and winning only. Kobe is a winner at heart and very VERY competitive. Despite what you think, he is DEFINITELY not happy losing if it means scoring a lot. Why do you think he wanted Odom to be traded for Artest? He's dying to win... With that being said, the trade is a BS rumor and I would hate it...The Lakers already have Kobe, why would they give up their best rebounder, facilitator, playmaker, and passer for a Kobe wannabe?...No trade going down, especially not for Francis...PeACe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2006, 11:00:18 AM »
Kobe's happy being surrounded with players who have no confidence, and just like to pass him the ball lol

LMAO. You are an idiot...You really buy into all that hate-media crap? Kobe is happy with winning and winning only. Kobe is a winner at heart and very VERY competitive. Despite what you think, he is DEFINITELY not happy losing if it means scoring a lot. Why do you think he wanted Odom to be traded for Artest? He's dying to win... With that being said, the trade is a BS rumor and I would hate it...The Lakers already have Kobe, why would they give up their best rebounder, facilitator, playmaker, and passer for a Kobe wannabe?...No trade going down, especially not for Francis...PeACe

He's a mad BANDWAGGON spurs fan...i was reading some old threads & a Lakers fan told that faggot that the spurs are having kobe nightmares & he said "naw man,they're having spurs nightmares..They're not playing good" LOL  fucking dumbass..couldn't even give kobe his props

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2006, 11:02:43 AM »
a Lakers fan told that faggot that the spurs are having kobe nightmares & he said "naw man,they're having spurs nightmares..They're not playing good"

LOL...If he really said that, that's funny, because he was dissing me when I said that the Lakers were playing shitty to close games in some other thread for not giving the opposing team props...

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2006, 12:01:06 PM »
a Lakers fan told that faggot that the spurs are having kobe nightmares & he said "naw man,they're having spurs nightmares..They're not playing good"

LOL...If he really said that, that's funny, because he was dissing me when I said that the Lakers were playing shitty to close games in some other thread for not giving the opposing team props...
Tone has been a dumbass hater sinse day one LOL...

the Spurs were the better team for the first 44 minutes of every game, they controlled Shaq and the pace of the game was MUCH in their favor, they jus stopped making shots at the end...and killed themselves. The lakers made their shots at the end, so i gave them credit...but i felt the spurs lost because they beat themselves, not because of anything else. But, as much as that was true...it was even MORE true in this series. The Kings really dominated the flow of the game. They killed themselved at the line by missin free throws. Thas basically the story of the series (besides the bad officiating in game 6). The Lakers won, so their fans should be happy. I cant stand the lakers and thas known. But this isnt coming from the fact i dont like tha Lakers...they jus havent impressed me one bit this year. Last year they did, this year...theyre opponents have helped them more then theyve helped themselves...

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=4364.msg61720#msg61720 LOL @ that FAGGOT tONE HAHA

But see, they wont have "kobe nightmares". Theyll have nightmares about THEMselves. Cus theyve let THEMSELVES down. They could easily have been up 3-1 in this series so far, but they jus havent finishes tha games off. The lakers havent really done anything special at tha end of tha games. They didnt play any different defense to shut tha spurs down, and offensively..yah tha lakers hit sum shots at tha end...but that wouldnt mean anything...if tha Spurs jus kept runnin tha same offense that they did...to put them up the rest of tha game. I give tha lakers credit, cus in these games they played till tha end...tha Spurs...decide not to...and its cost em.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2006, 12:06:42 PM »

Tone has been a dumbass hater sinse day one LOL...

the Spurs were the better team for the first 44 minutes of every game, they controlled Shaq and the pace of the game was MUCH in their favor, they jus stopped making shots at the end...and killed themselves. The lakers made their shots at the end, so i gave them credit...but i felt the spurs lost because they beat themselves, not because of anything else. But, as much as that was true...it was even MORE true in this series. The Kings really dominated the flow of the game. They killed themselved at the line by missin free throws. Thas basically the story of the series (besides the bad officiating in game 6). The Lakers won, so their fans should be happy. I cant stand the lakers and thas known. But this isnt coming from the fact i dont like tha Lakers...they jus havent impressed me one bit this year. Last year they did, this year...theyre opponents have helped them more then theyve helped themselves...

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=4364.msg61720#msg61720 LOL @ that FAGGOT tONE HAHA

But see, they wont have "kobe nightmares". Theyll have nightmares about THEMselves. Cus theyve let THEMSELVES down. They could easily have been up 3-1 in this series so far, but they jus havent finishes tha games off. The lakers havent really done anything special at tha end of tha games. They didnt play any different defense to shut tha spurs down, and offensively..yah tha lakers hit sum shots at tha end...but that wouldnt mean anything...if tha Spurs jus kept runnin tha same offense that they did...to put them up the rest of tha game. I give tha lakers credit, cus in these games they played till tha end...tha Spurs...decide not to...and its cost em.

^^LOL...Some classic ToNe hating.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 12:11:55 PM by Now_Im_Blowed »

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2006, 12:32:33 PM »
If they wanted to trade Odoms ass, which they should, why the fuck didn't they take the Artest offer?  Francis is a great player, but not really what the Lakers need right now, cuz Smush Parker is decent enough.  They really need a good power forward/center.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2006, 12:53:56 PM »
If they wanted to trade Odoms ass, which they should, why the fuck didn't they take the Artest offer?  Francis is a great player, but not really what the Lakers need right now, cuz Smush Parker is decent enough.  They really need a good power forward/center.

The Artest trade is the best we woulda' gotten for Odom...Since they didn't trade for Artest, Lakers need to keep Odom...Any trades should NOT involve Odom, Kobe, or Bynum...If we can do Odom+fillers for Garnett, I say go ahead, but since that's unlikely, Lakers need to get their shit together and play consistantly with what they have now, cuz the playoffs are nearing...PeAcE

acbaylove

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2006, 04:02:10 PM »

True that. But Odom IS better than Francis.