Author Topic: Michael Jackson & Kanye West in the studio  (Read 735 times)

Trauma-san

Michael Jackson & Kanye West in the studio
« on: February 22, 2006, 07:38:19 AM »
Kanye flew to London over the weekend to meet Michael Jackson and put some finishing touches on Michael's supposed charity song "From the bottom of my heart".  Maybe it'll come out before Michael dies.  Apparently L.A. Reid has been trying to get a record label going with Michael and sent Kanye over to push the deal along.  LOL. 

KURUPTION-81

Re: Michael Jackson & Kanye West in the studio
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 10:53:03 AM »
Sounds good, Kanye is touring in the uk at the mo so he would have been there anyway.

Not sure if this charity song will come out, im seriously wandering if MJ is getting excluded from the industry intentionally. I dont understand why Jermaine Dupri hasnt been helping him with this release as he is dating his sister.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

rip2pac

• 'G'
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2006, 12:45:55 PM »
bad as Kanye 2 the Dissed Micheal Jackson it's hard 2 believe this

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2006, 04:28:22 PM »
Kanye wants to BE Michael Jackson.  See that's the thing about most of these people who talk so much shit about Michael.  They're just hurt that they feel he isn't everything they once thought he was.  You look at everybody that talks shit about him, and basically they're a fan who feels like their god has died.  Eminem put it best. 

"I got your call about the Michael Jackson thing
And I know that he's not 'thrilled' about the video
What does he 'wanna be startin' somethin'?'
Well I'll show him who's really 'bad'
Paul, 'the way you make me feel' with these calls
You should really take a look at the 'man in the mirror'
And tell him to 'beat it' because I 'won't stop till I get enough'
Do you 'remember the time' we were watching the 'Billy Jean' video?
Well he'll always be that Michael to me
And it doesn't matter if he's 'black or white'
Because I 'can't stop loving him' and I hate plastic surgeons
And I hope they all fucking die!
How do you like that?
And I like him, I like him a lot
I want to touch him but I can't"

LOL that no shit is how most of these people feel , they just don't want to admit it. 

Anyways, I don't think Michael is being pushed out of the industry, I just think he's lazy, and doesn't have anybody in his life who can make him work.  He's such a huge star that he doesn't allow anyone to have authority over him.  Even Eminem has Paul! (who he's calling in the above skit) to push him around a little bit and get him to keep his obligations.  With the right manager, Michael could have had that song recorded and released in a month.

John Lennon wrote Instant Karma on a monday, recorded it on a tuesday, and it was in record stores as a single the next friday.  2 weeks. 

Sikotic™

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2006, 01:07:29 PM »
He dropped the ball so bad on this one. This was suppose to be his first song out since his aquittal, and if it is really good, it could of done alot to revive his career. Now, who cares? lol
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2006, 04:34:51 PM »
Im a fan Of Michael Jackson...but he's America's Biggest Joke, no one takes him seriously,its a shame beacause he has a wonderful voice and he's really talented and I will always look for new material from him but the only thing that would bring him back in the spotlight again would be his Death

Trauma-san

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2006, 10:05:55 PM »
I disagree, I think he has the potential to be ultimately as big as he ever was, if he really wanted to work at it.  Look @ what publicity managers can do for peple like Britney Spears and N*Sync and shit.  Britney Spears has no talent.  They pushed her to be the biggest thing in the world, and it was all just a creation of some brilliant managers and promoters.

Now imagine taking a guy like Michael Jackson, who's actually talented, and putting that same push behind him.  It won't work, because Michael won't take a subserviant role to a manager.  If you tell Michael something he doesn't like, he'll just fire you, not pay you, and get some other clown who'll let Michael fuck off all the time.  It's rediculous for him to take 5 years to make an album.  It's been 5 years since his last and he hasn't even STARTED a new album.  Think about that shit. 

The proper management could have Michael on top again in no time flat.  Think how cool it would be to hear Michael Jackson sing backup on a couple tracks, have him do the backing vocals for a Mary J Blige song or something.  Have Michael do a concert on television unplugged, just Michael and a piano or something.  How much would people pay for an album of Michael singing the Jackson 5's greatest hits?  That'd be huge.  Why isn't this guy promoting other artists, by the way?  "Michael Jackson Presents..." or something.  He has *THE* biggest name in music, bar none... but yet he does nothing and makes no money off of it.  This guy is an endless well of talent and creativity, but he won't let anybody push him to that.  Even Michael Jordan had a coach. 

Snoop & Paul McCartney are two more examples.  If Snoop works with Dre, it's always great.  If it's somebody else, he just does it half ass and it's so-so.  Paul McCartney spent the last 10-20 years sleepwalking through albums and doing whatever the fuck he wanted... then had a producer on his last album tell him "Nah, don't do that... do it like this" and he drops the best album he's done since the early 70's. 

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2006, 05:51:53 AM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I think anyone can make a comeback with the right push, but no way is Mike ever going to be as big as he was in the early to mid 80s. If you think you're going to see anotheer double diamond album then you better forget about right now because it cannot happen. Too many people have too many strong negative feelings about him and Reagan isn't in power anymore so there won't be any yuppies buying all the CDs. Britney and N'Synch weren't sold on their talent, they were sold on who they were and that was a new young face that all the kids wanteed to get to know better. You can't market MJ the person in any new package because no one will believe it. The only thing MJ can do to change his image in an honest way where people will buy is by dropping the Edward Scissorhands act, painting the white parts of himself black and taking off the white make up. Putting his nose back in wouldn't hurt either.

P.S. Unless you're talking about living names in Music, Elvis, Mozart, and Beethoven are all probably bigger than the name Michael Jackon. Sinatra, Pavarotti, and Bing Crosby are all probably on the same level. (Before you question Crosby, remember that most of his recordings are 60 years old and he is bar none the most recognizable Christmas voice ever, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.)

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2006, 11:28:09 AM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I think anyone can make a comeback with the right push, but no way is Mike ever going to be as big as he was in the early to mid 80s. If you think you're going to see anotheer double diamond album then you better forget about right now because it cannot happen.

He could be big but not thriller big, too many people downloading albums.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2006, 06:01:43 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I think anyone can make a comeback with the right push, but no way is Mike ever going to be as big as he was in the early to mid 80s. If you think you're going to see anotheer double diamond album then you better forget about right now because it cannot happen.

You also have to take into account that when Thriller was realeased during the transition between LPs to audio cassettes and later to CDs. So I'm willing to bet that although 20 million copies of the album were sold in the US between '82 and '85 there was nowhere near 20 million people buying the album. My guess that many bought the LP, then bought the casette for the walkman, and some bought the CD to hear how it sounds. Add all that to the boom of Reaganomics and you have super high sales. It wasn't just Thriller. Between '80 and '85 I can name several diamond albums (or albums that went diamond in the coming years); Born in the USA, Purple Rain, Back in Black, Pyromania, Like A Virgin, No Jacket Required to name a few, and a whole lot more that broke 5 platinum. And just as many between '85 and '90. It was because of the repeat sales and the economy. I'll bet if the LP was the standard until the late 90s and then the tape came in and the CD that the MMLP would have went double diamond, and a whole bunch more albums would have sold a lot more than they did, and all those booming 80s albums would have sold maybe half of what they did.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2006, 07:08:37 AM »
^^
True, true.

Black Uhuru

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Rasta Still De bout
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2006, 02:46:22 PM »
I think in this day and age it would be impossible for anyone to be as big as MJ was in the 80's and early 90's he was in a class by himself. Anything he releases will be a major event on the music calender and no matter how disappointing it is would still sell tremendously just because his name is Michael Jackson. I can't really se him taking musical direction from anyone either. If he doesn't listen when they say stop letting children sleep in your bed why the hell would he listen when its suggested he sing a certain way when he is the King of Pop. His curse is that not even he can live up to his own legend.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2006, 09:08:07 AM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You also have to take into account that when Thriller was realeased during the transition between LPs to audio cassettes and later to CDs. So I'm willing to bet that although 20 million copies of the album were sold in the US between '82 and '85 there was nowhere near 20 million people buying the album. My guess that many bought the LP, then bought the casette for the walkman, and some bought the CD to hear how it sounds. Add all that to the boom of Reaganomics and you have super high sales. It wasn't just Thriller. Between '80 and '85 I can name several diamond albums (or albums that went diamond in the coming years); Born in the USA, Purple Rain, Back in Black, Pyromania, Like A Virgin, No Jacket Required to name a few, and a whole lot more that broke 5 platinum. And just as many between '85 and '90. It was because of the repeat sales and the economy. I'll bet if the LP was the standard until the late 90s and then the tape came in and the CD that the MMLP would have went double diamond, and a whole bunch more albums would have sold a lot more than they did, and all those booming 80s albums would have sold maybe half of what they did.

That might be a part of it, but I still wouldn't say that's the reason that he was such a phenomenon in the 80s. Everything, including what you said, helped to make him a star. He was already known for having classic songs before Thriller, whether it was solo or with Jackson Five, and he has always been a top 3 entertainer in the world. Along with that, music videos were gettin big at that time, and he dropped what is STILL the biggest, best, most seen and most remembered video in music history. So that there helped him to do amazing sales around the world and in the US.

cripper ^^

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2006, 02:18:25 PM »
MJ is Americas joke cuz tha nigga dont give a shit. he can change it all but he just sits in foreign countries and does shit. jermanie prolly aint helpin him out cuz JD wack and mike knows it  ;D

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2006, 07:24:13 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That might be a part of it, but I still wouldn't say that's the reason that he was such a phenomenon in the 80s. Everything, including what you said, helped to make him a star. He was already known for having classic songs before Thriller, whether it was solo or with Jackson Five, and he has always been a top 3 entertainer in the world. Along with that, music videos were gettin big at that time, and he dropped what is STILL the biggest, best, most seen and most remembered video in music history. So that there helped him to do amazing sales around the world and in the US.

He still would have been the biggest star of the 80s. He just wouldn't have sold as many copies, and neither would anyone else at that time. Thriller still could have sold over 15 platinum, just not 26.

In a random thought, I never thought the Thriller video was all that great. It was goofy, and people some how make it out to be serious. John Landis was always a better comedy director than he wasa a drama or horror director. Even as a comedy Thriller was just mediocre. It's the video equivolent of Julia Roberts; an attractive woman who got way too much hype because of the friends in high places and that one role she did.