Author Topic: Orlando sends Steve Francis to New York  (Read 1126 times)

lbc213

Orlando sends Steve Francis to New York
« on: February 22, 2006, 01:01:54 PM »
Orlando, FL – The Orlando Magic have acquired forward Trevor Ariza and the expiring contract of guard Anfernee Hardaway from New York in exchange for guard Steve Francis, Assistant General Manager Otis Smith announced today. In addition, the team has waived forward Bo Outlaw.

nba.com

Hmmm: Francis, Marbury, Crawford,... :-X don't know if it will work but, anyway the lineup sounds explosive.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Orlando sends Steve Francis to New York
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 01:25:11 PM »
Lol@Orlando waiving their best player
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2006, 01:28:11 PM »
lol at you thinking Francis being better than Dwight Howard.

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2006, 02:07:00 PM »

7 even doesn't know shit about b-ball...Dwight Howard is a fucking monster.. 8) 8) 8)

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2006, 02:09:38 PM »

7 even doesn't know shit about b-ball...Dwight Howard is a fucking monster.. 8) 8) 8)
Yep, only 20 and he's already leading the league in boards per game. I can just imagine how great he'd be if he could learn to shoot free throws.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2006, 03:55:10 PM »
Trevor Ariza? That's who they got for Francis?...Hell, Ariza is a UCLA guy, so I had some hopes for him and he showed some potential, but no way is his value equivilent or even close to Steve Francis...New York got the better of this trade, lets see if they can finally get things going...PeAcE

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2006, 06:01:55 PM »
i really can't complain about the move the Knicks just made, this is a fuckin steal if ive ever heard of one

Ariza/Penny for Francis?? thats insane... i hope shit gets better caus it cant get any worse

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2006, 06:18:40 PM »
Pippen on Francis Deal

I am pretty much befuddled with what New York has done.

I am not a great fan of Steve Francis. He rubbed me the wrong way when he came into the league and demanded that Vancouver trade him. He just isn't the type of player that can make your team better or that can get you where you are trying to get to. He is very talented, but his skills are built around his individual success and not around the success of a team.

Any time you take on such a brilliant nickname as "Franchise," that name has to have some validity behind it and I don't think he has shown that he is a franchise player. It is not going to work for him even moving to New York.

This is another in a long list of desperate moves for the Knicks, going back to the Eddy Curry deal. Eddy Curry's success coming to New York has been about as good as my success coming back to Chicago when my career was pretty much done. He hasn't made any impact on that team, which, I am sure for John Paxson, is the best thing to happen. He just let his No. 1 draft pick go and got another one back. It was a good wash for them, because they didn't lose that draft pick. They sort of gambled on it, played with it, let it go, but then they got it back.

Isiah has brought in players on top of players. He isn't giving one player an opportunity to succeed. You have Stephon Marbury there. Then you bring in Jamal Crawford. Now Steve Francis.

What are you going to do with these guys?

These are three guys that love to pound the basketball and create their own shots. Who is going to succeed at that position? To me it seems like they have just told Isiah to just go out there and continue to see if we can have the highest payroll.

I don't see any chemistry with New York. I don't see that trade helping the Knicks in any way and as for Orlando, they have written this season off and are preparing themselves to continue rebuilding their young team. They want to get guys in there that can in the next three or four years be part of what they have been able to establish.

It is going to be the same type of situation. A lot of it has to do with the individual players. Players in today's game are not geared for winning. They aren't geared for a team concept. They're basically trying to get into the game and they have no knowledge as to what the game is really about.

Wow...Pippen comes off as a hater. LOL.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2006, 07:11:28 PM »
Pippen is dead on correct.  How is he hating?  You can't debate anything he's saying - look at the Knicks.  They're a fucking joke.

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2006, 08:16:51 PM »
Pippen on Francis Deal

I am pretty much befuddled with what New York has done.

I am not a great fan of Steve Francis. He rubbed me the wrong way when he came into the league and demanded that Vancouver trade him. He just isn't the type of player that can make your team better or that can get you where you are trying to get to. He is very talented, but his skills are built around his individual success and not around the success of a team.

Any time you take on such a brilliant nickname as "Franchise," that name has to have some validity behind it and I don't think he has shown that he is a franchise player. It is not going to work for him even moving to New York.

This is another in a long list of desperate moves for the Knicks, going back to the Eddy Curry deal. Eddy Curry's success coming to New York has been about as good as my success coming back to Chicago when my career was pretty much done. He hasn't made any impact on that team, which, I am sure for John Paxson, is the best thing to happen. He just let his No. 1 draft pick go and got another one back. It was a good wash for them, because they didn't lose that draft pick. They sort of gambled on it, played with it, let it go, but then they got it back.

Isiah has brought in players on top of players. He isn't giving one player an opportunity to succeed. You have Stephon Marbury there. Then you bring in Jamal Crawford. Now Steve Francis.

What are you going to do with these guys?

These are three guys that love to pound the basketball and create their own shots. Who is going to succeed at that position? To me it seems like they have just told Isiah to just go out there and continue to see if we can have the highest payroll.

I don't see any chemistry with New York. I don't see that trade helping the Knicks in any way and as for Orlando, they have written this season off and are preparing themselves to continue rebuilding their young team. They want to get guys in there that can in the next three or four years be part of what they have been able to establish.

It is going to be the same type of situation. A lot of it has to do with the individual players. Players in today's game are not geared for winning. They aren't geared for a team concept. They're basically trying to get into the game and they have no knowledge as to what the game is really about.

Wow...Pippen comes off as a hater. LOL.

LOL @ pippen admitting he was a has been!!

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2006, 08:22:12 PM »
hey the guy spits the truth but overall the knicks did get the better end of the deal as francis at least has the potential lto turn their team around.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2006, 01:04:57 PM »
LOL...The truth?! The guy is bitter as fuck...He starts off like an idiot. "He rubbed me the wrong way..." Who gives a fuck? LOL. He compared Eddy Curry's stint with the Knicks to his return to Chicago 2 years ago...Obviously, he's very bitter about not being part of the game anymore...No need to hate so blatantly. Had he said he didn't like the trade, it woulda' been a different story (whats not to like? New York loses almost NOTHING)...It's just funny to see everyone saying what they think is gunna happen, how the players will react, etc. We'll see how the team fares, THEN we can make an educated opinion...What Pippen was doing is flat out hating. same thing he did when Kobe scored 81...I never knew he was that typa' person until I started reading his lame ass blogs... ::)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2006, 01:09:51 PM »
^You're prolly still bitter yourself cause Pippen played Bryant's 81 points down in his blog.

To those other faggots I ain't even gonna talk
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2006, 01:42:47 PM »
^You're prolly still bitter yourself cause Pippen played Bryant's 81 points down in his blog.

To those other faggots I ain't even gonna talk

Actually, yes, it really made me look at Pippen in a different way...I wouldn't say bitter, but it definitely affected my outlook on him.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2006, 04:50:56 PM »
LOL...The truth?! The guy is bitter as fuck...He starts off like an idiot. "He rubbed me the wrong way..." Who gives a fuck? LOL. He compared Eddy Curry's stint with the Knicks to his return to Chicago 2 years ago...Obviously, he's very bitter about not being part of the game anymore...No need to hate so blatantly. Had he said he didn't like the trade, it woulda' been a different story (whats not to like? New York loses almost NOTHING)...It's just funny to see everyone saying what they think is gunna happen, how the players will react, etc. We'll see how the team fares, THEN we can make an educated opinion...What Pippen was doing is flat out hating. same thing he did when Kobe scored 81...I never knew he was that typa' person until I started reading his lame ass blogs... ::)

Obviously we'll have to see how it plays out.  Maybe Marbury and Francis will be tight like bert & ernie, but i don't see it.  And I think Isiah is on crack. Seriously.  His payroll is over $130 million dollars this year!! If Isiah has that type of payroll and the Knicks don't make the playoffs, then he lost.  If you are gonna rebuild, you should accept a couple years of mediocrity, dump your big contracts, get a lottery pick, and build around him. (See Orlando).  Isiah is spending and spending, but he ain't got shit to show for it.  He'll lose his job soon if the Knicks don't turn it around quick.  He dumped Penny whose contract was expiring for even bigger contracts?  Eddy Curry is good, and could evolve into a premier player.  But he's an irregular heart beat away from being 6 feet deep.  The Bulls obviously didn't like what the doctors had to say about his condition or else they would have kept him.  Good ole Zeke took him though.

Francis and Marbury are both shoot first point guards.  When both are playing, neither will fit the role of a true "1".  You think Larry Brown, who is a PG guru is gonna like that?  Why is Francis even on the trading block?  You think it has anything to do with the fact that he refuses to re-enter games after he sits the bench for a while? 

Ironically, you claim Pippen is hating, and in the same breath you admit you're still mad cuz he wasn't licking Kobe's nuts when he got 81.  Tell me you see the humor here. 

And if this is such a good deal, post up some articles by analysts that are praising Isiah on this trade.  You won't find it.