Author Topic: Orlando sends Steve Francis to New York  (Read 1125 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Orlando sends Steve Francis to New York
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2006, 05:34:01 PM »
LOL...The truth?! The guy is bitter as fuck...He starts off like an idiot. "He rubbed me the wrong way..." Who gives a fuck? LOL. He compared Eddy Curry's stint with the Knicks to his return to Chicago 2 years ago...Obviously, he's very bitter about not being part of the game anymore...No need to hate so blatantly. Had he said he didn't like the trade, it woulda' been a different story (whats not to like? New York loses almost NOTHING)...It's just funny to see everyone saying what they think is gunna happen, how the players will react, etc. We'll see how the team fares, THEN we can make an educated opinion...What Pippen was doing is flat out hating. same thing he did when Kobe scored 81...I never knew he was that typa' person until I started reading his lame ass blogs... ::)

Obviously we'll have to see how it plays out.  Maybe Marbury and Francis will be tight like bert & ernie, but i don't see it.  And I think Isiah is on crack. Seriously.  His payroll is over $130 million dollars this year!! If Isiah has that type of payroll and the Knicks don't make the playoffs, then he lost.  If you are gonna rebuild, you should accept a couple years of mediocrity, dump your big contracts, get a lottery pick, and build around him. (See Orlando).  Isiah is spending and spending, but he ain't got shit to show for it.  He'll lose his job soon if the Knicks don't turn it around quick.  He dumped Penny whose contract was expiring for even bigger contracts?  Eddy Curry is good, and could evolve into a premier player.  But he's an irregular heart beat away from being 6 feet deep.  The Bulls obviously didn't like what the doctors had to say about his condition or else they would have kept him.  Good ole Zeke took him though.

Francis and Marbury are both shoot first point guards.  When both are playing, neither will fit the role of a true "1".  You think Larry Brown, who is a PG guru is gonna like that?  Why is Francis even on the trading block?  You think it has anything to do with the fact that he refuses to re-enter games after he sits the bench for a while? 

Ironically, you claim Pippen is hating, and in the same breath you admit you're still mad cuz he wasn't licking Kobe's nuts when he got 81.  Tell me you see the humor here. 

And if this is such a good deal, post up some articles by analysts that are praising Isiah on this trade.  You won't find it.

You DO NOT have a clue about what you're saying. Knicks lost practically nothing in return for a premier player who can play both guard positions. Not saying that Francis is amazing or anything, but his value is definitely high...Knicks can even trade him in the off-season for a different big name who can help...But as for now, there is nothing to hate on, as Pippen was doing, because they haven't even played yet...I am not mad at Pippen, I don't even give a fuck, it was just funny that the few articles I've read from him this year have been hate articles...LOL

And last but not least, your requested article praising the trade (even though I dont think the trade deserves praise, I just think it was a decent trade):

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/story/394011p-334060c.html

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2006, 05:40:14 PM »
LOL...The truth?! The guy is bitter as fuck...He starts off like an idiot. "He rubbed me the wrong way..." Who gives a fuck? LOL. He compared Eddy Curry's stint with the Knicks to his return to Chicago 2 years ago...Obviously, he's very bitter about not being part of the game anymore...No need to hate so blatantly. Had he said he didn't like the trade, it woulda' been a different story (whats not to like? New York loses almost NOTHING)...It's just funny to see everyone saying what they think is gunna happen, how the players will react, etc. We'll see how the team fares, THEN we can make an educated opinion...What Pippen was doing is flat out hating. same thing he did when Kobe scored 81...I never knew he was that typa' person until I started reading his lame ass blogs... ::)

Obviously we'll have to see how it plays out.  Maybe Marbury and Francis will be tight like bert & ernie, but i don't see it.  And I think Isiah is on crack. Seriously.  His payroll is over $130 million dollars this year!! If Isiah has that type of payroll and the Knicks don't make the playoffs, then he lost.  If you are gonna rebuild, you should accept a couple years of mediocrity, dump your big contracts, get a lottery pick, and build around him. (See Orlando).  Isiah is spending and spending, but he ain't got shit to show for it.  He'll lose his job soon if the Knicks don't turn it around quick.  He dumped Penny whose contract was expiring for even bigger contracts?  Eddy Curry is good, and could evolve into a premier player.  But he's an irregular heart beat away from being 6 feet deep.  The Bulls obviously didn't like what the doctors had to say about his condition or else they would have kept him.  Good ole Zeke took him though.

Francis and Marbury are both shoot first point guards.  When both are playing, neither will fit the role of a true "1".  You think Larry Brown, who is a PG guru is gonna like that?  Why is Francis even on the trading block?  You think it has anything to do with the fact that he refuses to re-enter games after he sits the bench for a while? 

Ironically, you claim Pippen is hating, and in the same breath you admit you're still mad cuz he wasn't licking Kobe's nuts when he got 81.  Tell me you see the humor here. 

And if this is such a good deal, post up some articles by analysts that are praising Isiah on this trade.  You won't find it.

You DO NOT have a clue about what you're saying. Knicks lost practically nothing in return for a premier player who can play both guard positions. Not saying that Francis is amazing or anything, but his value is definitely high...Knicks can even trade him in the off-season for a different big name who can help...But as for now, there is nothing to hate on, as Pippen was doing, because they haven't even played yet...I am not mad at Pippen, I don't even give a fuck, it was just funny that the few articles I've read from him this year have been hate articles...LOL

And last but not least, your requested article praising the trade (even though I dont think the trade deserves praise, I just think it was a decent trade):

Francis CAN'T play the 2. Orlando tried it and he doesn't play well without the ball. And they won't be able to trade him for another big name, don't you think Orlando would have done that if they could?

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2006, 06:05:32 PM »
same thing he did when Kobe scored 81...I never knew he was that typa' person until I started reading his lame ass blogs... ::)

so are u "hating" on Pippen? lol. Everytime someone says something negative, that doesnt automatically make it "hating". Some people are so confused with that word. I think thats why u throw it around SO much.

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2006, 06:18:39 PM »
It's so crazy that it might work....i think that is along the lines of what isiaih said in reference to the trade

I believe that whatever happens this season with the knicks wont cost isiaih his job, you gotta give him at least one or two more years to prove himself, i also believe that him and larry brown will get together in the off-season and get this team on the right path...they're still a couple good moves away from being a contender...the talent is there.

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2006, 06:29:15 PM »
in reference to all the pippen comments. i dont think he's being a "hater", from what i've read he gives Kobe his props. "I would say Kobe is the most polished of all of them as far as being able to handle the ball and create his own shot and opportunity" (doesnt sound like hatin to me) BUT THEN AGAIN he is the same guy who said this about Kobe after getting accidently elbowed by Sheed in the 2001 playoffs:

"He's got bruised ribs? Which side? Aww, he's trying to be like Mike," Pippen said, referring to former teammate Michael Jordan's effort in Game 5 of the 1997 NBA Finals against Utah, when he scored 38 points for the Chicago Bulls despite battling food poisoning.

"He wanted to come out and have a heroic performance after saying he had bruised ribs," Pippen said. "It didn't look like he had bruised ribs. He didn't find a shot he didn't like. He wasn't hurt that bad."

Bryant, who has often expressed deep respect for Pippen, admitted he was disappointed by the remarks, but said he realized his opponent was probably just trying to get into his head.
--courtesy of espn.com

I believe the Pippen blog Nik's talking about Pippen "hating" is this one...... http://www.nba.com/blog/blog30.html

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2006, 06:53:24 PM »

Entertaining article.  Pretty sure the first part was a former coach commenting on the quality of player Francis is, and the second part was a scout evaluating francis' bball skills.  Nowhere in your article was their an NBA analyst stating that they thought this was a good trade.  Now go find one that does. 

Tell you what - Find an article that is written the opposite of these:

Editor's Note: The following are some reactions to the trade that sent Steve Francis to the New York Knicks, who acquired the three-time All-Star from the Orlando Magic on Wednesday for Penny Hardaway and Trevor Ariza.

DEE BROWN: FLAVOR OF GLORY DAYS
As it stands now, Isiah Thomas has got to be thinking he's recreating the old Detroit backcourt of himself and Joe Dumars.

It will be interesting to see how Marbury and Francis coexist side by side.

Francis has had problems with every coach he's had, except Rudy Tomjanovich. Of course, that's because Rudy T. let Francis do what he wanted in Houston.

Larry Brown is hard on point guards. And you add players like Jamal Crawford and Jalen Rose into the mix -- these aren't really Larry Brown type of players. A coach wants players he can coach.

This move is tough to figure out, unless Isiah gets another deal done.

To me, this move by the Magic signals that this is officially Dwight Howard's team. Even though they'll take lumps now, they're building with pieces. With Jameer Nelson, Carlos Arroyo and Darko Milicic, this team could be setting up to be really good . . . and they still have the rights to Fran Vazquez.

The Magic got a young player who can play defense in Trevor Ariza. And they also got the expiring contract of Penny Hardaway. They certainly didn't get him to play. You won't see him in a Magic uniform after the part he played in getting Brian Hill fired in the first place.

They've got pieces in place and salary cap room. Florida has no state income tax. Otis Smith did a great job without taking contracts back.

As for the Knicks, trading expiring contracts for even bigger contracts at this point?

Puzzling.

ESPN Analyst Dee Brown played 12 NBA seasons, finishing his career with the Magic in 2002.

GREG ANTHONY: THE PRICE IS WRONG

In the best-case scenario of this deal, the Knicks become a playoff team.

But at what price?

Even if it works, it won't work. Because if you have a $130 million payroll, anything less than competing for a championship is not worth it. The Knicks won't be doing that. If you're going to be bad, be cheap, which is what I thought the Knicks should do as they rebuilt. They didn't.

Now we have this deal. Francis and Marbury are talented, but I don't think either can play without the ball.

What the Knicks have done is taken a course of adding pieces and adding salary, not adding wins. When you look at a roster -- you want winners and leaders when you're building it. All the money in the world won't bring you a title. You've got to get the right player who's going to be the best fit.

San Antonio and Detroit don't necessarily possess the best talent. And Detroit didn't draft Carmelo Anthony when it had the chance. They would rather have stuck with a guy who is the right fit, like Tayshaun Prince.

As for the Magic, they are positioning themselves where they'll have a chance to improve rapidly. The Magic have done the first part, creating salary cap room.

Now the question is, will they be able to lure the free agent that fits them best? The Bulls put themselves under the cap after the MJ reign, but never reaped the benefits.

You've got to sell the organization, team and philosophy. That's the challenge for the Magic now.

ESPN Analyst Greg Anthony played for the Knicks from 1991-95.

CHAD FORD: WHEN THE MOST IS NOT ENOUGH

Steve Francis for Penny Hardaway and Trevor Ariza?

Knicks fans, I finally get Isiah Thomas.

But if he keeps making moves like this, I won't have to get him much longer.

There's an old adage in the NBA that whomever gets the best player in any given deal is usually the winner of the deal.

Thomas is trying single-handedly to prove that adage is bogus.

Isiah's goal in every trade appears to be to come out of the trade with the best player -- contracts and chemistry be damned.

Look back over his deals for Stephon Marbury, Jamal Crawford, Eddy Curry, Tim Thomas, Jalen Rose and now Steve Francis. In every instance, Isiah got the best player in the trade (not including future draft picks).

He must believe something like this: "If I have the most talent, the deepest bench, the highest-paid coach, and the most media coverage, the wins will come."

See the full Chad Ford column 

JOHN HOLLINGER: POTENTIAL MAGIC POTIONS

With Hardaway's contract expiring after this year and Ariza expected to re-sign cheaply as a restricted free agent, the Magic would be $15 million to $20 million under the salary cap (depending on that year's cap number) when Grant Hill's contract expires after next season.

The Magic's timing is impeccable when one considers the names potentially available in 2007 -- forget about LeBron James and the other stars from the class of '03, since they'll sign extensions, but there's also Paul Pierce, Vince Carter, Dirk Nowitzki, Gerald Wallace, Chauncey Billups, Mike Bibby, Rashard Lewis, Antawn Jamison and Jamaal Magloire.

That's the same summer that the Magic will likely extend the deals of Dwight Howard and Nelson, and 2007 also probably represents Orlando's last opportunity to play the market for the next several years.

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2006, 07:23:43 PM »
in reference to all the pippen comments. i dont think he's being a "hater", from what i've read he gives Kobe his props. "I would say Kobe is the most polished of all of them as far as being able to handle the ball and create his own shot and opportunity" (doesnt sound like hatin to me) BUT THEN AGAIN he is the same guy who said this about Kobe after getting accidently elbowed by Sheed in the 2001 playoffs:

"He's got bruised ribs? Which side? Aww, he's trying to be like Mike," Pippen said, referring to former teammate Michael Jordan's effort in Game 5 of the 1997 NBA Finals against Utah, when he scored 38 points for the Chicago Bulls despite battling food poisoning.

"He wanted to come out and have a heroic performance after saying he had bruised ribs," Pippen said. "It didn't look like he had bruised ribs. He didn't find a shot he didn't like. He wasn't hurt that bad."

Bryant, who has often expressed deep respect for Pippen, admitted he was disappointed by the remarks, but said he realized his opponent was probably just trying to get into his head.
--courtesy of espn.com

I believe the Pippen blog Nik's talking about Pippen "hating" is this one...... http://www.nba.com/blog/blog30.html

i understand what Pip was sayin about the "bruised ribs" tho. Ive always seen Kobe do that. To the Kobe fans he's a hero. Maybe he just has an extremely low tolerance for pain. But he seems to agonize over every injury no matter how big or small it is. And limps around on D, or in the middle of the court like he's dying...and looks like he's 100% on offense.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
FUCK FRANCIS TO NEW YORK
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2006, 10:02:31 PM »
PENNY IS BACK ON THE MAGIC!!!

Penny, (is he on the IR again, and if soon, when he gets off, I am surprised he still is playing actually) is back on his original team. Penny is united with Grant Hill, and the two make the 1995 Dream Team. In 1995, these two would be championship, mainly because Jordan was recoving from baseball, but still. PENNY AND HILL, It finally happened. Am I the only one excited. I have been saying they should team up for the last 10 years. Finally!!! and it's on the Magic, my second favorite basketball team in 1995 too. I've waited too long, please don't let me down.

TeeRaySix9Teen

Re: FUCK FRANCIS TO NEW YORK
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2006, 04:44:40 AM »

PENNY AND HILL, It finally happened. Am I the only one excited.

yes

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: FUCK FRANCIS TO NEW YORK
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2006, 04:56:28 AM »

PENNY AND HILL, It finally happened. Am I the only one excited.

yes

LMAO....

.. and.. yes.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2006, 05:36:14 AM »
Hardaway began his career as a perennial All-Star in Orlando, but has faded because of knee injuries. Earning $15.8 million this season, he has been working out on his own in Houston and has played in just four games.

Hardaway has long been blamed for Hill's firing in Orlando in 1997, and he won't be playing for him again.

"We will have a conversation with Penny Hardaway, but Penny Hardaway will never put on an Orlando Magic uniform," Smith said.

from: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AtjxvzvYXS8fno4oiGxCiPqH0bYF?slug=ap-knicks-magictrade&prov=ap&type=lgns

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2006, 07:12:25 AM »
Hardaway began his career as a perennial All-Star in Orlando, but has faded because of knee injuries. Earning $15.8 million this season, he has been working out on his own in Houston and has played in just four games.

Hardaway has long been blamed for Hill's firing in Orlando in 1997, and he won't be playing for him again.

"We will have a conversation with Penny Hardaway, but Penny Hardaway will never put on an Orlando Magic uniform," Smith said.

from: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AtjxvzvYXS8fno4oiGxCiPqH0bYF?slug=ap-knicks-magictrade&prov=ap&type=lgns

career=over
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2006, 11:22:26 AM »

--courtesy of espn.com

i understand what Pip was sayin about the "bruised ribs" tho. Ive always seen Kobe do that. To the Kobe fans he's a hero. Maybe he just has an extremely low tolerance for pain. But he seems to agonize over every injury no matter how big or small it is. And limps around on D, or in the middle of the court like he's dying...and looks like he's 100% on offense.

LMFAO!!!!! You've gotta be kidding me if you say you're not the biggest Kobe hater of all time. Pippen KNOWS he was hating on Kobe to get into his head during that series, and you go along with it. Kobe had bruised ribs, the elbow into his ribs was SHOWN, wtf? Kobe has played with injuries that would have you lying in a hospital bed...You seriously need to take a look at yourself. I've never seen Kobe limp around on D, or act seriously hurt in the duration of a game like some players have...You need to check yaself, you are the perfect example of a MAD-style hater. Honestly, is there any way to argue that? I don't think so... :-X

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2006, 11:44:17 AM »

Entertaining article.  Pretty sure the first part was a former coach commenting on the quality of player Francis is, and the second part was a scout evaluating francis' bball skills.  Nowhere in your article was their an NBA analyst stating that they thought this was a good trade.  Now go find one that does. 

Tell you what - Find an article that is written the opposite of these:

Editor's Note: The following are some reactions to the trade that sent Steve Francis to the New York Knicks, who acquired the three-time All-Star from the Orlando Magic on Wednesday for Penny Hardaway and Trevor Ariza.

DEE BROWN: FLAVOR OF GLORY DAYS
As it stands now, Isiah Thomas has got to be thinking he's recreating the old Detroit backcourt of himself and Joe Dumars.

It will be interesting to see how Marbury and Francis coexist side by side.

Francis has had problems with every coach he's had, except Rudy Tomjanovich. Of course, that's because Rudy T. let Francis do what he wanted in Houston.

Larry Brown is hard on point guards. And you add players like Jamal Crawford and Jalen Rose into the mix -- these aren't really Larry Brown type of players. A coach wants players he can coach.

This move is tough to figure out, unless Isiah gets another deal done.

To me, this move by the Magic signals that this is officially Dwight Howard's team. Even though they'll take lumps now, they're building with pieces. With Jameer Nelson, Carlos Arroyo and Darko Milicic, this team could be setting up to be really good . . . and they still have the rights to Fran Vazquez.

The Magic got a young player who can play defense in Trevor Ariza. And they also got the expiring contract of Penny Hardaway. They certainly didn't get him to play. You won't see him in a Magic uniform after the part he played in getting Brian Hill fired in the first place.

They've got pieces in place and salary cap room. Florida has no state income tax. Otis Smith did a great job without taking contracts back.

As for the Knicks, trading expiring contracts for even bigger contracts at this point?

Puzzling.

ESPN Analyst Dee Brown played 12 NBA seasons, finishing his career with the Magic in 2002.

GREG ANTHONY: THE PRICE IS WRONG

In the best-case scenario of this deal, the Knicks become a playoff team.

But at what price?

Even if it works, it won't work. Because if you have a $130 million payroll, anything less than competing for a championship is not worth it. The Knicks won't be doing that. If you're going to be bad, be cheap, which is what I thought the Knicks should do as they rebuilt. They didn't.

Now we have this deal. Francis and Marbury are talented, but I don't think either can play without the ball.

What the Knicks have done is taken a course of adding pieces and adding salary, not adding wins. When you look at a roster -- you want winners and leaders when you're building it. All the money in the world won't bring you a title. You've got to get the right player who's going to be the best fit.

San Antonio and Detroit don't necessarily possess the best talent. And Detroit didn't draft Carmelo Anthony when it had the chance. They would rather have stuck with a guy who is the right fit, like Tayshaun Prince.

As for the Magic, they are positioning themselves where they'll have a chance to improve rapidly. The Magic have done the first part, creating salary cap room.

Now the question is, will they be able to lure the free agent that fits them best? The Bulls put themselves under the cap after the MJ reign, but never reaped the benefits.

You've got to sell the organization, team and philosophy. That's the challenge for the Magic now.

ESPN Analyst Greg Anthony played for the Knicks from 1991-95.

CHAD FORD: WHEN THE MOST IS NOT ENOUGH

Steve Francis for Penny Hardaway and Trevor Ariza?

Knicks fans, I finally get Isiah Thomas.

But if he keeps making moves like this, I won't have to get him much longer.

There's an old adage in the NBA that whomever gets the best player in any given deal is usually the winner of the deal.

Thomas is trying single-handedly to prove that adage is bogus.

Isiah's goal in every trade appears to be to come out of the trade with the best player -- contracts and chemistry be damned.

Look back over his deals for Stephon Marbury, Jamal Crawford, Eddy Curry, Tim Thomas, Jalen Rose and now Steve Francis. In every instance, Isiah got the best player in the trade (not including future draft picks).

He must believe something like this: "If I have the most talent, the deepest bench, the highest-paid coach, and the most media coverage, the wins will come."

See the full Chad Ford column 

JOHN HOLLINGER: POTENTIAL MAGIC POTIONS

With Hardaway's contract expiring after this year and Ariza expected to re-sign cheaply as a restricted free agent, the Magic would be $15 million to $20 million under the salary cap (depending on that year's cap number) when Grant Hill's contract expires after next season.

The Magic's timing is impeccable when one considers the names potentially available in 2007 -- forget about LeBron James and the other stars from the class of '03, since they'll sign extensions, but there's also Paul Pierce, Vince Carter, Dirk Nowitzki, Gerald Wallace, Chauncey Billups, Mike Bibby, Rashard Lewis, Antawn Jamison and Jamaal Magloire.

That's the same summer that the Magic will likely extend the deals of Dwight Howard and Nelson, and 2007 also probably represents Orlando's last opportunity to play the market for the next several years.

Actually, Van Gundy was saying how it was a steal for the Knicks...Look, like I said, the trade doesn't deserve praise, but there's nothing to hate on. The Knicks were already doomed this year, this can't possibly make them any worse. That's all there is to it...PeACe

herpes

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2006, 11:47:19 AM »
Why do people still discuss basketball with NIK.  He dont kno the first thing about basketball other then going on espn.com and reading stats.