Author Topic: The East Coast has better rappers, but the west...  (Read 1640 times)

ToNe1904

Re: The East Coast has better rappers, but the wes
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2002, 11:52:24 PM »
Look, im born and raised in Cali, and I love west coast hip hop, but anyone in their right mind knows that the east historically will ALWAYZ be the prominant region for TRUE hip hop. The west has its great lyricists, but the great lyricists that reside in the east is endless: Nas, Kool G Rap, almost the entire Wu Tang, Q tip, Biggie, Chuck D, Guru, KRS One, Rakim, and Redman to name just a few. Sorry, but the west coast aint fuckin with that, and this is coming from someone BORN AND RAISED on the west coast. Now, the greatest MC ever is a west coast MC [last I saw, his name was 2Pac], but if you wanna go MC for MC, the east is easily superior. The reason why the east is better is because they care more about the artform than most of the west coast rappers do. Sure, the east coast has its wack rappers {Ja Rule, Puffy, etc etc], but all the MC's I listed above among others are more creative and lyrically better than the majority of west coast MC's.

"anyone in their right mind"? LOL Explain why the east wasnt on top in tha early nineties. Explain how tha South managed to take the crown for a few yrs. This shit goes in cycles. Also, could u tell me how it is that rappers in tha east are better lyricists? they jus have a different subject matter then tha west. tha west tells a MUCH different story in their rhymes then tha east. Dont get confused by tha dictionary rhymers who u think are so tight (wu tang). half of tha shit they say makes NO sense. Tha use of "big words" only matters, if u use them CORRECTLY. LOL. I dont see tha east as bein any tighter lyrically then any other region. i wont say theyre weaker....but i wont say theyre tighter. their tha same. But i dont feel their shit at all cus most of tha time tha shit they put out is jus plain boring. im tired of tha easts same...boring....stale style. they can keep that bullshit. And if u think tha fact that theyre sellin more records right now...doesnt have anything to do wit tha biasness of their radio stations n magazines...yur crazee az hell homie. Eastcoast dickridaz make me sick. especially when they frum tha west. Disgrace....
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
Re: The East Coast has better rappers, but the wes
« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2002, 08:28:23 AM »
Im an east coast dickrider now?? Give me a mothafuckin break. Yea, im such an east coast dickrider, even though my fav MC ever is a west coast MC and my fav group ever is from the midwest [they hail from Ohio and are thuggish ruggish, I forgot the name of the group, you figure it out].

The east has alwayz been on top of every other region. Not necessarily on the charts, but as far has having the most dope MC's. Every region has great lyricists, but the east just happens to have the most of the 4 major regions. The styles are different, but if we must really debate this, you can post a verse from a west coast MC you think is real dope [other than Pac] and ill post a verse from an east coast MC, and we can see which is better...........
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0