Author Topic: Who's Kurupt talking about on "Smooth"?  (Read 1647 times)

Doggystylin

Who's Kurupt talking about on "Smooth"?
« on: March 02, 2006, 08:26:34 AM »
It sounds like hes goin at someone in specific, I would post up the lyrics but all the lyrics of the song that are online are horribly incorrect, their so off its funny, lol

Don Seer

Re: Who's Kurupt talking about on "Smooth"?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 08:33:41 AM »

yeah he is.. its been posted before..

*plays it quickly*

From what i rememebr someone like LL Cool J or something dissed DPG on tv.. there was a huge fuss about dogg food before it came out.. centred around C delores tucker.. this was is why dogg good was pretty much the last row album to come out on a major.

Doggystylin

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 09:31:10 AM »

is why dogg good was pretty much the last row album to come out on a major.

what do you mean come out on a major? like the last major death row album? cause this came out in 95 and the row was still doin it in 96 with AEOM, Doggfather, etc

Don Seer

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2006, 11:44:11 AM »
yeah.. and the makaveli album was the last one that dropped when they left interscope in 96..

and then daz's album came out on priority, rage's on universal..

btw: note that Dre was effectively retained by interscope when death row parted ways with them.. tell me.. who's laughing now all the way to the bank now.. Jimmy or Suge?

notorious^q8I

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • KUWAITI........
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2006, 11:49:02 AM »
^^ if i answered it right will i get a prop?? lol

CLASSIC.... west is BACK

Don Seer

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2006, 12:05:31 PM »

why not :)

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2006, 12:10:48 PM »
yeah.. and the makaveli album was the last one that dropped when they left interscope in 96..

and then daz's album came out on priority, rage's on universal..

btw: note that Dre was effectively retained by interscope when death row parted ways with them.. tell me.. who's laughing now all the way to the bank now.. Jimmy or Suge?

correct...

jimmy laughin to the bank fo sho... but suge i dont think cares os much hes makin money in many other areas obviously

Don Seer

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2006, 12:25:25 PM »
yeah and i mean.. at the time.. 2pac was the stronger bet.. after all eyez most would have banked on pac.

Dre hadn't really dropped much for a while.. What he had dropped was what some think the best work he'd ever done.. the stuff rumoured to be for "chronic ii : papa's got a brand new funk" that we did get to hear was out of this world...  Can't C Me + Cali Love were copped for pac's All eyez on me,  Natural Born Killers was copped for Murder Was The Case, Keep Their Heads Ringing ended up on the Friday soundtrack..  Post death row.. Ras Kass ended up with the beat for Ghetto Tango (Ghetto Fabulous) which i know is creditted to stu-b-doo or budha but its rumoured to have been destined for dre's project (and rumoured to have been produced by dre).. Some of the aftermath project tracks were reportedly carried over from death row.. Blunt Time the only i remember right now..

WestCoasta

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2006, 02:02:36 PM »
I can always hear what rappers are saying, but this is the one track where I can't make out half the shit Kurupt says on this track  :eh:

truedupbluedup

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2006, 02:08:54 PM »
^^^^Listen better..... ;)

notorious^q8I

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • KUWAITI........
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2006, 04:52:48 PM »

why not :)
right answer is JIMMY IOVINE???

CLASSIC.... west is BACK

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2006, 05:30:30 PM »
It sounds like hes goin at someone in specific, I would post up the lyrics but all the lyrics of the song that are online are horribly incorrect, their so off its funny, lol

this album dropped during the beef with b.g. knocc out & dresta, when the dpg/k video was playing on the video shows.  the black whole of watts also apparently had a diss track out against dpg at some point, but this was only heard in cali to my knowledge.  and ofcourse, kokane's "don't bite the phunk" track had been out for a while; but smooth doesn't seemed targetted at kokane or atl.  those cats weren't new, they were well established.  dpg/k had dropped summer of '05, in june iirc.  i always interpretted the disses to be in that direction, towards k.o. & dre.
"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2006, 06:02:38 PM »
He doesn't get really specific with his disses.  Basically just said that they're being dissed by these guys for fortune and fame.  So it could be anybody.  But it was around the time when the were beefing with BGKO and Dresta.  Could have also been aimed at Bone too.

WestCoasta

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2006, 06:09:15 PM »
^^^ yeah what he said...

and also you could say "Who's he talking about?" for a lot of songs....

one that comes to mind is "Can't Let That Slide"..... no one really knows

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2006, 06:20:56 PM »
^^^ yeah what he said...

and also you could say "Who's he talking about?" for a lot of songs....

one that comes to mind is "Can't Let That Slide"..... no one really knows

I think he was talkin on Nas on that song. I know he dissed someone 'cause he had an interview about it.