Author Topic: Everything NBA Thread  (Read 4365 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Everything NBA Thread
« Reply #105 on: March 23, 2006, 04:51:56 PM »
But if Larry Brown can't work with what he's got, as long as it's talent, then he's not as good of a coach as we all thought...I mean, come on, he needs to have some sort of versatility so that he can coach different types of players, because not all players are the same...Yea, Larry Brown is good at coaching perfect teams...Look at the situation Flip Saunders fell into. In fact, Flip is a better coach, because he improved that Detroit team immensely on the offensive end...All I'm saying is that at the end of the day, Larry Brown was the one brought in to do the job, Larry Brown has failed...It's not like they didn't make good trades (Eddy Curry, Quentin Richardson, Jalen Rose), it's not like they didn't draft good players (Nate Robinson, David Lee, Channing Frye), it's just that the coach can't work something out...PeACe

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #106 on: March 23, 2006, 04:54:43 PM »
run-and-gun system wouldnt work with eddy curry, malik rose, butler...they dont have the big men that can move to make it very successful. yeah marbury, francis, rose, crawford can run but the rest of the team will be laggin behind.

no shit the system doesnt work bcaus aint nobody passin the ball, and wen they do they turn it over. they lead the league in TO's and it'll take more than 1 year to make brown's system work with the knicks IF THE PLAYERS STICK WITH IT (which they wont). thats why i wouldnt mind if the knicks gave him another season. any1 can tell that it's not working, the players are sick of the system and brown is sick of the players effort. it's not workin, blame it on whoever you want, but

btw, AI moved to SG durin the brown years bcaus he couldnt cut it as the passing PG.

the coach doesnt fit the team and the team doesnt fit the coach. that wasn't larry brown's fault. it was the guys upstairs that made the moves.

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #107 on: March 23, 2006, 05:07:28 PM »
run-and-gun system wouldnt work with eddy curry, malik rose, butler...they dont have the big men that can move to make it very successful. yeah marbury, francis, rose, crawford can run but the rest of the team will be laggin behind.

no shit the system doesnt work bcaus aint nobody passin the ball, and wen they do they turn it over. they lead the league in TO's and it'll take more than 1 year to make brown's system work with the knicks IF THE PLAYERS STICK WITH IT (which they wont). thats why i wouldnt mind if the knicks gave him another season. any1 can tell that it's not working, the players are sick of the system and brown is sick of the players effort. it's not workin, blame it on whoever you want, but

btw, AI moved to SG durin the brown years bcaus he couldnt cut it as the passing PG.

the coach doesnt fit the team and the team doesnt fit the coach. that wasn't larry brown's fault. it was the guys upstairs that made the moves.

Like I said, Larry Brown needs to learn how to adapt to his players and be a little more diverse...It's part of being a coach, you can't always expect to be dealt the perfect team...Look at what he did with the olympic team, he had SO MUCH talent he didn't know how to use...It's the same thing, he doesn't know how to use the talent in New York...Stephon Marbury can easily play the role of Chuancey Billups, Jamal Crawford can play like Richard Hamilton, Jalen Rose was better than Prince, Channing Frye is like a raw Tim Duncan, Eddy Curry can be an elite big in the east...Then you have the bench, which alone can shit on most starting line-ups in the NBA. Steve Francis can score points when needed, David Lee is a great prospect, Nate Robinson is an even better prospect, almost like an Earl Boykins, Quentin Richardson is one of the sharpest shooters in the game, Jerome James can explode when it's needed, I can keep going on forever man...He has all the parts, he now needs to go ask Phil Jackson how to work with them...PeACe

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #108 on: March 23, 2006, 05:24:45 PM »
the system doesnt work for the team. its not rocket science to figure that out. his system has proven itself to work. he's had MANY teams that weren't nearly as good as before he got there and turned them into contenders. he has proven himself a hall of famer being successful in NCAA and NBA ball. you blame it on larry, i blame it on everybody. just becaus he didnt get the job done for the knicks doesnt mean he's not one of the greatest coaches of all time. nobody's perfect nik.

1 Championship, 3 Conference Championships, 10 Division Championships, 25 Playoff appearances in 26 seasons and 1,000+ wins (not including ABA)

you blame it on larry, i blame it on everybody.

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #109 on: March 23, 2006, 05:28:20 PM »
We'll see...

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #110 on: March 23, 2006, 05:33:20 PM »
see what?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #111 on: March 23, 2006, 05:43:14 PM »
see what?

I don't blame it on Larry...I blame a majority of it on him though. He is the coach, as the coach of the team, he needs to take most of the responsibility...We'll see if Larry does anything within these next 5 years, or if he even lasts as the coach...PeACe

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #112 on: March 23, 2006, 05:47:11 PM »
see what?

I don't blame it on Larry...I blame a majority of it on him though. He is the coach, as the coach of the team, he needs to take most of the responsibility...We'll see if Larry does anything within these next 5 years, or if he even lasts as the coach...PeACe

he has said himself numerous times that you can blame it on him if u want becaus he was put there to win and he hasnt done it. i dont think he even wants to coach there ne more becaus everytime he's being interviewed he is embarrassed and ashamed.

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #113 on: March 23, 2006, 07:21:18 PM »
Stupid Mavs are going to lose tonight.   At least the Spurs lost last night 
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 07:55:17 PM by Inglewood Ave »

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #114 on: March 23, 2006, 08:13:58 PM »
Gawdammit...Stupid mavs did lose...LMAO  J.Rich took a shit on the Mavs ;D :laugh: 8)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 08:16:15 PM by Inglewood Ave »

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #115 on: March 23, 2006, 09:40:47 PM »
               The Return of Amare
So after 294 days you wonder if Amare has lost a step since the 42 point performance against SA in game 5 of the west conference finals. Without Amare, the Suns are 1st in the Pacific Division, just about to lock up the 2nd seed. Only blemish to their incredible season is the fewest number of offensive rebounds (9.5) in the NBA. but that's somethin amare can fix.

so how did he do in his first game back? lets peep the stats....

19 mins                              Amare also helped the Suns to a NBA season-high 76 first half points
20 points
7-14 FG                              With Amare in the first half, Suns outscored Portland 34-15
6-7 FT                             
7 rebounds                         Without Amare in the first half, Portland outscored Suns 48-42
2 blocks

Domination

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #116 on: March 23, 2006, 10:43:16 PM »
               The Return of Amare
So after 294 days you wonder if Amare has lost a step since the 42 point performance against SA in game 5 of the west conference finals. Without Amare, the Suns are 1st in the Pacific Division, just about to lock up the 2nd seed. Only blemish to their incredible season is the fewest number of offensive rebounds (9.5) in the NBA. but that's somethin amare can fix.

so how did he do in his first game back? lets peep the stats....

19 mins                              Amare also helped the Suns to a NBA season-high 76 first half points
20 points
7-14 FG                              With Amare in the first half, Suns outscored Portland 34-15
6-7 FT                             
7 rebounds                         Without Amare in the first half, Portland outscored Suns 48-42
2 blocks

Domination

I would actually prefer to play them WITH Amare in the playoffs...Our small line-ups aren't too great and I think Kwame would do fine on Amare defensively...PeACe

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #117 on: March 24, 2006, 05:06:26 AM »
Amaré is my nigga. Thank god he was "injured" all season. That way Dirk can get his MVP title  8)
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #118 on: March 25, 2006, 05:34:34 PM »
Look's like Alonzo's injury isn't very severe. he's got a torn right calf and is expected to miss 3-4 weeks. Mourning is glad that the injury wasn't worse and hasnt ruled out the possibility of coming back before the season's over but he is cautious. "I'm going to make sure that I'm healthy before I come back," Mourning said. "It's important for me to be right before I step back on the court, especially going into the postseason. I don't want to risk coming back too early and injuring it again. It wouldn't be worth it."

Mourning has been very solid coming off the bench. averaging 60% FG, 8 points, 6 rebounds, and 3 blocks in 20 mins. if he was a starter, he wud be a lock for defensive player of the year. Mourning is 36 years old but is in incredible shape.

big relief for Alonzo & the Heat. if they're gonna try to dethrone the Pistons, they'll need all the help they can get.

acbaylove

« Reply #119 on: March 26, 2006, 01:07:13 AM »
Those young players should rec all the games Alonzo is playing at 36 years old and learn from him how to play bball. Shit, he's incredible. I'd rather have him in Purple&Gold than Shaq, and i'm not joking. Don't take it as a diss to Shaq, but as a compliment to Zo.