Author Topic: Everything NBA Thread  (Read 4366 times)

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
Re: Everything NBA Thread
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2006, 06:31:13 PM »
     Battle 4 Texas

Prediction: Winner - ToNe      Loser - 7.........good luck to u both  ;)
The pb is that Tone spends more time to hate Kobe and the Lakers than dealing with his favorite team

u guys are so twisted in the head. i think you honestly believe there are only two types of people....Laker fans, and people who hate the Lakers lol. You dont understand that there are A. Laker fans, B. People who hate the Lakers, and C. (the largest group), people who dont give a shit about them. Just because someone gives negative criticism about the Lakers, doesnt mean they hate them. No more then positive feedback means your dickriding. But you guys dont see that. You think im a hater for saying anything negative, but dont consider yourselves dickriders for saying NOTHING negative. You team has positives AND negatives. Kobe has positives AND negatives. You guys are so obsessed that you NEVER mention the negatives....so SOMEbody has to. How gay would this board be, if it was just 30 Laker fans talking about how much they love Kobe. Would u really like that shit?

As for my team, my team is good. I know they are good, and so does everyone else. Right now i still consider Detroit the best team in the league. I believe by playoff time we can be the best, since we usually go through this same run toward playoff time. But i dont need to come on here and keep tellin yall how good they are, cus their play does that for them. You guys are insecure about your team, so you have to keep pumpin em up as much as possible. Ive never been one to come on here and talk shit about how great my team is, cus it only makes u look stupid. Check back through the pages. I didnt even come on here talkin all kinds of shit when they won the championship unless i was respondin to yall talkin shit...whats the point? I leave that to u guys when u get a win.

LOL. People can discuss their teams without "pumpin em up"....You say we only talk about positives. WTF? Show me...I always talk about what the Lakers need to do to improve. Show me where you've said positive things about Kobe and the Lakers...And I dont mean "Oh, yea, Kobe is a good scorer, but...", I mean show me where you've given REAL props, where you haven't entered a Laker thread to do nothing but disagree with props given...PeACe

i set up that thread after after they lost to the Jazz, when Kobe was suspended and said how well they played. That they needed to keep going with the better ball movement, even when Kobe returned. ill give it to u, that occasionally youll come up with shit they need to improve on. in your case, maybe i should have said you only talk about KOBES positives. And yeah, u can discuss your team without pumpin em up. But a discussion is a two way conversation. Not just "we're so great, Kobe...i love him so much, we beat ourselves cus we're really better then the teams we lose to...", etc. I guarentee you....if u guys decreased the amount of "dickriding" u do, ud see a decrease in the amount of "hating".

LMAO@You pointing out when you said they played well without Kobe, like that's something other than a subliminal shot at him. I also said Kobe should improve his 3 point shot and since then he has. He probably should also shoot less three's and take it to the rim more. Lately he's been passing WAY too much, he needs to attack offensively earlier in the game...How's that? There is no dickriding, you fuck, it's just Laker fans discussing their team/players...Then you always have to jump in and say some dumb shit like "Kobe is all about stats" "Kobe fakes injuries", etc...Just lay back and stop with that shit...If you wanna be taken seriously don't come off as someone who's so passionately hateful towards one team/player so damn much...PeACe

me sayin they played well without him wasnt a shot at HIM. I was saying that when he's on the floor the other guys dont have the confidence to take the game in their hands when needed. And him being out fo a couple games would MAKE them step up. And i was saying if they carried that with them till when he came back theyd be better for it.

True Story

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2006, 06:42:19 PM »
Knicks Win Again :cheers:

after an outstanding game against the Bucks the other night, the Knicks beat the Pacers  107-92

7 players score in double figures (j. rose, m. rose, curry, marbury, francis, crawford, butler)

Ball movement tonight was incredible, Knicks really showing life on the court, defense has stepped up, and the comradery is surprising

after a disappointing 1st quarter (12 points vs. Indiana's 18) they put up 3 STRONG quarters.

3pt shooting was insane for a second night in a row....the way the knicks are playing, anything is possible (except makin the playoffs  :()

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2006, 10:06:19 PM »
Knicks might not have a chance to make the cut, but the Rockets sure do!!  ;D

w/o T-Mac playin caus of the sore back  :-\, the Rockets still manage to beat the Wolves

Only 3 games back from the 8th spot..hopefully T-Mac will return sooner than later caus the schedule's only gonna get harder

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2006, 09:35:16 AM »
Houston aint makin' the playoffs, mark my words...If anyone makes it out of the teams who aren't in, it's Sacramento. Props to the Knicks as well, finally bringing forth some competition with their talent.

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2006, 05:54:19 PM »
Sacramento does have the best chance of makin the playoffs since their schedule is easier than the Rockets/Jazz, but that doesn't mean im gonna give up on them just yet. I really hope T-Mac's back gets better, its really an ongoing problem. i dont kno if he'll ever be able to recover 100%, it just seems as if every other week he's comin out early caus of the back. its a real fuckin shame becaus he's one of the best in the league and you can never rule out the Rockets when he's on the court at the end of the game. Yao is a monsssssssster, he's playing the best year of his career so far without a doubt, it's just a tragedy that T-Mac's got a bad back. but anyway, im hopin for the best, im stayin optimistic, but realistic at the same time. Rockets prob wont make the playoffs, but next week is gonna be the REAL test. a trip to San Antonio on Sunday, followed by home games against the Nets, Mavericks and Spurs again.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2006, 07:02:31 AM »
Damn, Mavs are so damn good, even with 4 important players out they kick some serious ass. Dirk for MVP.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2006, 09:14:09 AM »
Avery Johnson 66-16 in the regular season. Win PCT. .805  :o :o :o
i believe that's the best coaching record for the first 82 regular season games
props is due to avery 4 gettin the mavs to play some D becaus its been well known for years that if they could only step their defense up, they would be championship contenders.

dirk's got some outstanding stats. 26ppg 48fg% 41% 3pt  89%ft 9rpg 3apg 1bpg

but i still got Nash as MVP ....20ppg 50%fg 42% 3pt  92%ft 4 rpg 11 apg 1spg plus he's doin it all without Amare, and has made players like Barbosa & Diaw shine

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2006, 10:56:22 AM »
Id give it to Nash if he didnt already get it last season. 2 years in a row is just not right (for Nash) imo.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2006, 10:58:19 AM »
lol i just hope they dont give it to chauncey, i like him and all but he doesnt really deserve it caus that whole team is beast.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2006, 12:19:38 PM »
lol i just hope they dont give it to chauncey, i like him and all but he doesnt really deserve it caus that whole team is beast.

I say the same thing about Nash...Nash is in a system where Luke Ridnour would be an MVP candidate had he been the starting point guard.

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2006, 12:29:16 PM »

I say the same thing about Nash...Nash is in a system where Luke Ridnour would be an MVP candidate had he been the starting point guard.

so you're implying ridnour would on Nash's level if he were to play for Phoenix. i disagree.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2006, 03:23:16 PM »

so you're implying ridnour would on Nash's level if he were to play for Phoenix. i disagree.

I'm saying that the system they got going down in Phoenix is the main reason for their sucess. Of course it doesn't hurt to have Steve Nash, but the system makes him look 3X better...Luke Ridnour could possibly play that run-and-gun offense close to or just as well, he's that type of point guard...Did anyone even think anything of him before he arived to Phoenix besides that he was Dirk Nowitzki's little side-kick? Did anyone even dare to mention him in MVP talks before?...Do you honestly mean to tell me that Nash is a better player than Kobe? LOLLL. Put Nash on these Lakers instead of Kobe, and he doesn't have SHIT!...Steve Nash is not the MVP...PeACe

PLANT

« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2006, 03:30:21 PM »
Nash is the only player since Magic Johnson to average 19+ PPG and 11 assists........MVP no doubt

Without Joe Johnson and Amare in the line-up, I thought the Suns would be nowhere close to as good as they were last season, and Nash just stepped it up even more than he did last year.  And the most impressive thing is what he's done for guys like Boris Diaw and Barbosa ect who seemed to be average players, but now, alongside Nash have looked like great players this season.  A player like Kobe Bryant isnt going to make Barbosa or Boris Diaw any better than they are.  He hasnt done shit for a guy  like Kwame Brown.  I bet if Nash played alongside Kwame hes be averaging at least 5 more PPG, and I could go on and on but I think Ill stop there with Kwame before my Karma goes down 150 more :P
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 03:55:56 PM by PLANT »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2006, 04:19:06 PM »
Nash is the only player since Magic Johnson to average 19+ PPG and 11 assists........MVP no doubt

Without Joe Johnson and Amare in the line-up, I thought the Suns would be nowhere close to as good as they were last season, and Nash just stepped it up even more than he did last year.  And the most impressive thing is what he's done for guys like Boris Diaw and Barbosa ect who seemed to be average players, but now, alongside Nash have looked like great players this season.  A player like Kobe Bryant isnt going to make Barbosa or Boris Diaw any better than they are.  He hasnt done shit for a guy  like Kwame Brown.  I bet if Nash played alongside Kwame hes be averaging at least 5 more PPG, and I could go on and on but I think Ill stop there with Kwame before my Karma goes down 150 more :P

LMAO. Kwame is a completely different player than Diaw and Barbosa, they know how to create shots for themselves off the dribble, they have both improved this season, but it's not Steve Nash that's making them look good, once again, it's the SYSTEM they're playing in...Look how much better Shaq looked with Kobe than with Wade...Kobe gives Kwame dimes that he mishandles all the time...Kwame isn't a major part of our offense because we have him assigned as a defense-first type player...Kwame wouldn't handle all those hot passes that Steve Nash throws...It's the system, man, don't be giving Nash all the credit...PeACe

PLANT

« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2006, 04:28:39 PM »
So what about Nash being the only player since Magic to put up those numbers?  Are you gona tell me Magic wasnt deserving of his MVP trophy?

Or maybe you think it was just the system Magic was playing in that made him put up those numbers ::)  Dummy, Magic MADE that fucking system, just like Nash is making the system in Pheonix.......Get off Kobe nuts man  NASH IS THE REAL MVP
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 04:31:45 PM by PLANT »