Author Topic: Everything NBA Thread  (Read 4361 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Everything NBA Thread
« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2006, 04:41:22 PM »
So what about Nash being the only player since Magic to put up those numbers?  Are you gona tell me Magic wasnt deserving of his MVP trophy?

Or maybe you think it was just the system Magic was playing in that made him put up those numbers ::)  Dummy, Magic MADE that fucking system, just like Nash is making the system in Pheonix.......Get off Kobe nuts man  NASH IS THE REAL MVP

LMFAO. Stop comparing Nash to Magic, smart guy, they are on two COMPLETELY different levels. When Nash stacks up on championships with this run-and-gun bullshit, that's when you can compare. The numbers don't mean shit, look at Tony Parker's numbers, his percentage is higher than Magic's ever was...Does that mean shit? No...Stats don't mean shit, Magic was a true winner, a champion at heart, he was AMAZING...Nash is good, but like I said, A LOT OF POINT GUARDS WOULD AVERAGE 10+ ASSISTS IN THAT SYSTEM...And now that Amare is out, Nash is basically the primary offense on that team...DONT EVER COMPARE MAGIC TO NASH AGAIN. Magic would average 25+ points and 17 assists in Phoenix's current system... ::)

PLANT

« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2006, 05:30:58 PM »
Why does Pheonix always lose when Nash is out? 

NASH IS THE FUCKING SYSTEM.

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #62 on: March 15, 2006, 05:48:31 PM »
Dirk's little side kick? 48%fg 42% 3pt 90% ft 3 rpg 8 apg 16 ppg from 2000-2004

nash deserves more respect than "dirks little side kick"

i'd LOVE to see luke ridnour play for the suns instead of nash, there's no way the suns would be in 2nd place in the West w/o Amare if Luke ridnour was running the show. they would be in the mix of things, but nowhere as great as they are now. luke wouldnt have the same effect on guys like boris diaw & leon barbosa as Nash would and you know that. don't be mad at nash becaus hes getting more recognition than Kobe becaus at the end of the day the suns are #2 and the lakers are #8. idk why ur gettin mad becaus Nash is getting the credit he deserves, the suns wouldnt be in the same place they would be if luke was running the show. and if you say thats bullshit, then you're bullshit

i dont even know why im arguing this, you're mad becaus nash is getting more attention than kobe. Nash is getting credit becaus his team is in the 2 spot without one of their most important players. and that's becaus of nash.

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #63 on: March 15, 2006, 10:50:05 PM »
with all this drama before the game about marbury wanting to be starbury.....

for first time all season i was on my feet for the knicks. the last 2 minutes in the first OT were the greatest minutes i've seen all season. INCREDIBLE dunks by butler, woods, crawford, lee that should all make sportscenter (altho there were many exceptional dunks all around the league tnite)

backdoor plays were brilliant and the bench was out of this world. they played from the 4th quarter on thru the 2nd OT. ANY NBA fan would love to watch the end of this game.

from the 4th quarter on, woods butler crawford lee & nasty nate  rocked MSG for the first time in a long time. i've never seen so much passion from the players man, its wat NY basketball should be. these 5 played better than the starting 5 in crunch time....can any1 tell me how I can download the end of the game caus i usually see parts of the Laker games up for DL in that topic. this was the best game i've seen all season long  :)

this young knick lineup (minus frye) made larry do somethin i havnt seen all season

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

wcsoldier

« Reply #64 on: March 16, 2006, 01:11:10 AM »
If the Mavs finish 1st of the Conf, give it to Dirk .... Kobe could win it if we finished 5th or 6 th but they wouldn't give him (I don't say he doesn't deserve it) as of our current standing. About Nash give him credit but like Nik said , the system is a HUGE part of it. Of course, Nash makes other players better but the fact Diaw has 7 rdbs and 6 Assists a game has nothing to do with Nash, it's the system and his skills. This run and gun type of system allows Barbosa, Jones, Bell... to score a lot. If Suns played a Spurs type of game, these players wouldn't score as much as now, with Nash as a pt guard or not.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2006, 11:26:25 AM »
Why does Pheonix always lose when Nash is out? 

NASH IS THE FUCKING SYSTEM.

Because without Nash they have no point guard to run that system...LOL. Nash is not the fucking system, run-and-gun is the fuckin' system...You have no idea what you're talking about...Nash runs the court, players get open, Nash feeds them for a wide-open dunk; assist...That's their game. It's KNOWN not to be succesful against a half-court offense in the playoffs...Not saying Nash isn't a good player, it's just that he's simply not the best player in the league...Like I said, put Nash on the Lakers instead of Kobe...They'd be a sub-.500 team, I can bet anything on that...Nash is good, but it takes a lot of athletic players around him in a great system for him to look excellent rather than simply good...It's almost the same story with Billups. That's why I say, Brand or Kobe, maybe even Dirk...End of story.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #66 on: March 16, 2006, 11:35:32 AM »
Dirk's little side kick? 48%fg 42% 3pt 90% ft 3 rpg 8 apg 16 ppg from 2000-2004

nash deserves more respect than "dirks little side kick"

i'd LOVE to see luke ridnour play for the suns instead of nash, there's no way the suns would be in 2nd place in the West w/o Amare if Luke ridnour was running the show. they would be in the mix of things, but nowhere as great as they are now. luke wouldnt have the same effect on guys like boris diaw & leon barbosa as Nash would and you know that. don't be mad at nash becaus hes getting more recognition than Kobe becaus at the end of the day the suns are #2 and the lakers are #8. idk why ur gettin mad becaus Nash is getting the credit he deserves, the suns wouldnt be in the same place they would be if luke was running the show. and if you say thats bullshit, then you're bullshit

i dont even know why im arguing this, you're mad becaus nash is getting more attention than kobe. Nash is getting credit becaus his team is in the 2 spot without one of their most important players. and that's becaus of nash.

LOL! Lamar Odom has better stats than the ones you just posted for pre-Suns Nash...I'm not mad whatsoever, dunno where that came from. Nash was never known as a great player until he was in the system. Phoenix is running on muthafuckaz all day long, they'd do the same thing with Luke Ridnour feeding an open Shawn Marion and Boris Diaw all game long...Maybe they wouldn't be in the 2 spot, but they'd still be up there, they'd still have that system which would lead them to wins...Just think about it. Did anyone even DARE mention Nash in MVP talks before he came into the Suns system? HELLLLL NO. He was barely even selected for all-star. Nash is good, not MVP. If anything, you gotta give the whole team MVP, because they're all doing their parts...PeACe

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2006, 04:55:13 PM »
obviously the sun's system complements Nash's play, as do numerous systems that are successful. nash was the perfect pick-up for the suns becaus that's how they play. and that's why they're contenders for the title. i dont know why i hafta defend nash on his MVP status becaus he deserves it. obviously nash wouldnt make the lakers as good as kobe becaus he wouldnt be as effective in the triangle as he is in the run and gun. im glad we could agree to disagree on who should be MVP becaus i dont want this thread to turn into another pissing contest.

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #68 on: March 16, 2006, 05:03:13 PM »
Let's talk playoffs boys becaus it's coming up relatively soon. Post your predictions for the playoff seeds

1. Spurs                    1. Pistons
2. Phoenix                 2. Heat
3. Denver                  3. Nets
4. Dallas                     4. Cavaliers
5. Clippers                  5. Pacers
6. Grizzlies                   6. Wizards
7. Kings                      7. 76ers
8. Lakers                    8. Bucks

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #69 on: March 16, 2006, 07:24:01 PM »
I dunno how likely it is, but I'm hopin' for the playoffs (in the west) to look something like this...

1 San Antonio
8 Memphis                 
                      ....  1 San Antonio
                            7 Sacramento
2 Phoenix
7 Sacramento
                                             ....    1 San Antonio            LAKERS ADVANCE!           
                                                     6 Lakers
3 Denver
6 Lakers
                     ....  6 Lakers 
                           5 Clippers
4 Dallas
5 Clippers

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #70 on: March 16, 2006, 07:30:15 PM »
I dunno how likely it is, but I'm hopin' for the playoffs (in the west) to look something like this...

1 San Antonio
8 Memphis                 
                      ....  1 San Antonio
                            7 Sacramento
2 Phoenix
7 Sacramento
                                             ....    1 San Antonio            LAKERS ADVANCE!           
                                                     6 Lakers
3 Denver
6 Lakers
                     ....  6 Lakers 
                           5 Clippers
4 Dallas
5 Clippers
LOL. Yeah that would be nice.
Assuming the 8 you showed make the playoffs in that order I think it'll look something like this

1 San Antonio
8 Memphis                 
                      ....  1 San Antonio
                            7 Phoenix
2 Phoenix
7 Sacramento
                                             ....    1 San Antonio            SPURS ADVANCE!           
                                                     6 Dallas
3 Denver
6 Lakers
                     ....  6 Lakers
                           5 Dallas*
4 Dallas
5 Clippers

*Dallas wins series because of bias refs.

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2006, 10:27:26 PM »

wcsoldier

« Reply #72 on: March 16, 2006, 11:42:10 PM »
NO WAY Memphis finished 8 th , outside an injury for Gasol.... they have the easiest schedule and from far. With our inconsistency, I'd say 7th or 8th, too many wack losses to finish 6th (especially 2 home games were given to the Grizzlies as a result they have the tie-breaker). Now about the matchups, Dallas would be a lot better for us, no way we could beat the Spurs in a 7 games serie (maybe in the 5 games old system). Against the Suns if we could defend like we did in Dec-Jan , we have a chance.....

This how I see (not what I expect) the playoffs draw

1.SA  4-2              SA   4-1               SA                   

8.LA                     SAC

2. Phoenix 3-4                                                        Dallas 3-4
7. Sac

3. Denver2-4        Memphis 1-4          Dallas
6. Memphis           Dallas

4. Dallas  4-1         
5. LAC

wcsoldier

« Reply #73 on: March 16, 2006, 11:44:28 PM »
In the East, no surprise Detroit vs Miami, 4-2 for Detroit and a 4th NBA title with a 4-2 win against Mavs  8)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #74 on: March 17, 2006, 05:24:32 AM »

1 San Antonio
8 Lakers                 
                      ....  1 San Antonio
                            4 Dallas
4 Dallas
5 Clippers
                                             ....    1 San Antonio            Spurs advance :/!           
                                                     2 Phoenix
3 Denver
6 Sacramento
                     ....  6 Sacramento
                           2 Phoenix
2 Phoenix
7 Memphis
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin