Author Topic: Everything NBA Thread  (Read 4360 times)

acbaylove

Re: Everything NBA Thread
« Reply #90 on: March 21, 2006, 04:32:59 PM »
LMAO!

rik

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #92 on: March 21, 2006, 09:25:56 PM »
hahahahaha 37 different lineups :grumpy:

larry brown has said himself if u want to put all the blame on him, go ahead. you could tell by all the after-game interviews that he knows he hasnt been successful. this guy seems incredibly depressed, i know larry brown isn't mr. smiley but you could tell he's absolutely disappointed. he has said himself MILLIONS of times that he was put there to win, and that hasn't been the case. it's only the 1st year, some players dont give a fuck about his system which has proven successful in the past, he's got 2000 guards that want to be stars instead of giving into the system. marbury coming home to NY hasnt worked and larry coming home to NY hasnt worked either....oh i know what we need. SEBASTIAN TELFAIR!!! it all makes sense now....... another NY native will be just wat we need. 3rd time's the charm!!!!  ;D

*remembers channing frye was born in white plains*  :'( :'( :'(

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

acbaylove

« Reply #93 on: March 22, 2006, 04:38:01 AM »
Blame on Isiah Thomas and his stupid moves. He's probably on crack, man. He can't be that dumb!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #94 on: March 22, 2006, 10:57:50 AM »
Blame on Isiah Thomas and his stupid moves. He's probably on crack, man. He can't be that dumb!

I would much rather blame it on Larry Brown, Isaiah has actually compiled a nice roster with loads of talent, someone just isn't getting 'em to work correctly. If anything, Isaiah's biggest flaw is that he spends wayy too much money to get what he wants, but the thing is, Knicks should be wayy better than what their record shows for...

Citizen-Y

« Reply #95 on: March 22, 2006, 11:53:33 AM »

I would much rather blame it on Larry Brown, Isaiah has actually compiled a nice roster with loads of talent, someone just isn't getting 'em to work correctly. If anything, Isaiah's biggest flaw is that he spends wayy too much money to get what he wants, but the thing is, Knicks should be wayy better than what their record shows for...

The problem is that every guy on that team needs the ball in their hands to be successfull.  Their just isn't enough shots to go around.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #96 on: March 22, 2006, 01:43:53 PM »

The problem is that every guy on that team needs the ball in their hands to be successfull.  Their just isn't enough shots to go around.

That's not true...They can co-exist, it can be done...Larry Brown is just out of his mind...PeACe

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #97 on: March 22, 2006, 08:12:27 PM »

That's not true...They can co-exist, it can be done...Larry Brown is just out of his mind...PeACe

Marbury is a scoring point guard who has a tendency to dominate the ball. along with francis & nate. Brown wants his point guards to keep the ball moving. the players have given up on brown's system. you can blame it on larry,you can blame it on the players, you can blame it on isiaih or the organization all together. but don't say larry brown is out of his mind bcaus he's one of the greatest coaches of all time.

oh wait, you're right, larry brown is out of his mind to think he could make his "passing system" work with a bunch of ball-hogs.

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #98 on: March 23, 2006, 12:05:15 PM »

Marbury is a scoring point guard who has a tendency to dominate the ball. along with francis & nate. Brown wants his point guards to keep the ball moving. the players have given up on brown's system. you can blame it on larry,you can blame it on the players, you can blame it on isiaih or the organization all together. but don't say larry brown is out of his mind bcaus he's one of the greatest coaches of all time.

oh wait, you're right, larry brown is out of his mind to think he could make his "passing system" work with a bunch of ball-hogs.

Brown IS out of his mind...He's obviously tryna run the wrong system. They need a fatsbreak run-n-gun system. Marbury and Francis can easily work together under the right coach, they have the talent it takes. Nate can come off the bench when Marbury or Francis need a rest. It's not that hard to figure out...They have a good team here, they probably need a coach like Don Nelson...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #99 on: March 23, 2006, 12:09:05 PM »
And from what I remember, Marbury has always been a good passer as well...Hell, his career average for assists is 8.1. Compare that to Iverson's 6.1...Marbury is not the ball-hog everyone has made him out to be, he was a top-notch point guard before Larry Brown came along...Who knows, maybe Brown is taking his time and the results will come later, but Marbury is way too good to be playing the way he has...PeACe

acbaylove

« Reply #100 on: March 23, 2006, 01:27:55 PM »

Dumars did a great job giving Brown the best team possible to play his preferred type of basketball, with no superstars and with players who wanted to play as a team. Thomas should have done the same, instead he has just collected overrated and overpaid players with no criterion at all. Brown is a good coach, but he's not supernatural. I blame it on Thomas. Adding Francis to a team full of guards was the masterpiece!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #101 on: March 23, 2006, 01:55:38 PM »

Dumars did a great job giving Brown the best team possible to play his preferred type of basketball, with no superstars and with players who wanted to play as a team. Thomas should have done the same, instead he has just collected overrated and overpaid players with no criterion at all. Brown is a good coach, but he's not supernatural. I blame it on Thomas. Adding Francis to a team full of guards was the masterpiece!

PG Stephon Marbury
SG Jamal Crawford
SF Quentin Richardson
PF Channing Frye
C  Eddy Curry

^^That is what he started the season with. That should have done WAY better than it did...He failed with that, they made some trades. They managed to obtain Jalen Rose...Lets try again:

PG Stephon Marbury
SG Quentin Richardson
SF Jalen Rose
PF Malik Rose
C  Eddy Curry

Again, he fails with a talented roster that should easily make playoffs...He manages to obtain Francis. Lets try again:

PG Stephon Marbury
SG Steve Francis
SF Jalen Rose
PF David Lee
C Eddy Curry

Another failure?...The guy simply can't get his players to play the way he wants to. If he was as great a coach as everyone thinks, they wouldn't be the worst team in the league with all the talent compiled on their roster...It's just weird to me...PeACe

acbaylove

« Reply #102 on: March 23, 2006, 02:11:23 PM »
Obviously he didn't do an amazing job, man. I'm not saying he's the victim, or that he did the best job possible. I'm saying Thomas didn't help. Like you said he built a team perfect for a run-and-gun type of basketball. So what's the point making a run-and-gun team when Brown is the coach? Shit, give him the team he wants and give him another season to build some chemistry. Or fire him and sign Don Nelson.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #103 on: March 23, 2006, 02:16:27 PM »
Signing Brown for this kind of team was a terrible move by the dumb ass Thomas in the first place. Like you niggas said, Brown and the type of team don't fit together.

Like with the players, he just signed a star-coach and not a kind of coach who provides what is needed. He just signs stars and pays them a lot. He doesn't build a team. Just a collection of posterchilds.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

acbaylove

« Reply #104 on: March 23, 2006, 02:50:37 PM »
He's building the Real Madrid of the NBA.