Author Topic: 3 6 Mafia won an oscar?  (Read 1220 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: 3 6 Mafia won an oscar?
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2006, 12:55:06 PM »
Lol, big props and all, but that shit just is so not right. I again realized how much I can't stand the new era south rap.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2006, 01:10:07 PM »
^^why is it not right? and they are not what I would call "new era south rap." they have been around forever and have always done their own thing. And recenty, their beats have been very top notch.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2006, 01:35:11 PM »
well I basically just can't stand anything I heard that came out from the dirty dirty during the last years, with very few exceptions, that's just my opinion really, Im not saying it's all bad or whatever, it's just my taste and nothing Id like to argue about

deep down in your heart, do you think it aint weird that "three 6 mafia" won an "oscar" for "it's hard out here for a pimp"? LOL.
it just doesn't match.. AT ALL. rap in general is nothing I expect to do well when it comes to the oscars. that's like saw 2 winning best picture.
then, lose yourself was ok, I had no beef with that, cause it was a) main song of a movie that was about music b) very good lyrics and c) special beat made with the help of someone who does other genres as well. "it's hard out here for a pimp" has random lyrics and is by the title ALONE already quite offensive for something like the oscars. now it's not like Im a plain square or anything, but then again this is now what represents hiphop to the ppl who can care less about hiphop, and I don't like that as I just don't think this song is any good to begin with.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Sikotic™

« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2006, 01:44:07 PM »
Well "It's Hard Out Here For A Pimp" is a song about and movie and the movie is a song about music just like 8 Mile. I mean, I don't know why people are trying to discredit these guys so much. When Em won, it was all great. 3-6 wins and its some kind of travesty. I guess if Hustle & Flow had a musical score with an orchestra then it would be more acceptable....eventhough the movie is about a Memphis pimp that attempts to rap. Go figure.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2006, 01:52:45 PM »
There has been a lot of songs that have won best song that you can say it's pretty weird.  A song from Top Gun, the theme from Shaft, song from Flashdance. 

Dynamic

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Dynamite cuz I rhyme So Tight
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2006, 02:38:30 PM »
LOL @ crunchy blacks dance, he does it in the end of the 'ridin spinners' music video
Francis, M to the iz-H phenominal
Gun rest under your vest by the abdominal
Two auto-matos, used to call me fatso
Now you call me Castro, my rap flows
militant, y'all faggots ain't killin' shit
~ Notorious BIG

The Watcher

« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2006, 05:35:45 PM »
props to them for winning.. Queen Latifah couldn't get off that stage quick enough after announcing they won, like she thought there was gonna be a riot or something
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2006, 07:13:05 PM »
any1 else notice Crunchy Black doin his crack dance durin the performance?   :D

so that wasnt a c-walk gone bad?

also the end where the spotlight was on the girl and she goes

"yoooouuu knooowww its hard out here fooor aaaaa PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPPP"

i rofl'd :(

that bitch BUTCHERED the end of that song, i was laughin too caus it was real bad

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2006, 08:39:23 PM »
i thought their acceptance speech was stupid.   They actin' clowns and shit...lol.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

CoreG37

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2006, 09:41:24 PM »
i thought their acceptance speech was stupid.   They actin' clowns and shit...lol.

1. they were probably on one
2.  wouldn't you be excited if you won an oscar not expecting to?

hempside

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2006, 02:26:15 AM »
well I basically just can't stand anything I heard that came out from the dirty dirty during the last years, with very few exceptions, that's just my opinion really, Im not saying it's all bad or whatever, it's just my taste and nothing Id like to argue about

deep down in your heart, do you think it aint weird that "three 6 mafia" won an "oscar" for "it's hard out here for a pimp"? LOL.
it just doesn't match.. AT ALL. rap in general is nothing I expect to do well when it comes to the oscars. that's like saw 2 winning best picture.
then, lose yourself was ok, I had no beef with that, cause it was a) main song of a movie that was about music b) very good lyrics and c) special beat made with the help of someone who does other genres as well. "it's hard out here for a pimp" has random lyrics and is by the title ALONE already quite offensive for something like the oscars. now it's not like Im a plain square or anything, but then again this is now what represents hiphop to the ppl who can care less about hiphop, and I don't like that as I just don't think this song is any good to begin with.
You wrong dogg.
heyheyhey smoke weed everyday.

hempside

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2006, 02:35:38 AM »
Respect to 3-6,black haven,walaholmez,hillcrest high,westwood,mitchell rd.,king road,souf park 87Kitchen  niggaz..rip P.V.(pussy valley).indian hills mitchell sub,rollen green,weaver rd.3rd,and hornlake.north-north,hollywood,jacksons.87nothside,eastside latinos,beanhampton.......and everybody grindding down town.
heyheyhey smoke weed everyday.

51 cent

• 'G'
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2006, 08:31:41 AM »
craziness that they took home an oscar.  Lot of respect for hip hop getting one of those statues
"Aight, new drink..."

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2006, 01:31:00 PM »
Well deserved ;)

kemizt

Paul

« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2006, 02:28:46 PM »
LOL @ crunchy blacks dance, he does it in the end of the 'ridin spinners' music video

its called the gangsta walk, looks like a funny c walk but lol

it was really weird watchin them, well done to them but

they looked so fresh in their suits and with the grillz in ther mouth 8)
funkyfreshintheflesh