Author Topic: The Bay's new exposure  (Read 629 times)

southcentralLA

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: The Bay's new exposure
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2006, 01:32:15 PM »
Man I have always had love for the Bay and as u can see I'm from south central LA, but I been bumpin the Bay since Short Dog in the 80's, Dru Down, Luniz, E-40 and the Click, Ant Banks, Digital Underground and 2pac, Richie Rich, Rappin 4 Tay, and alot more I won't name them all but sometimes Bay peeps act like people don't show them love well i got news for yall L.A. don't get any love either, when was the last time before Game have u seen any new L.A. artist get any shine??? My point is we all in the same fuckin boat and thats trying to get the West back where it once was on MTV, BET, and all that other shit we all just want a fair chance to do this music shit so lets just stick together we already got enough hate comin from other regions than to be hatin on each other in different parts of the state California that is..............

rik

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2006, 01:58:44 PM »
Last time I checked the bay was located on the West Coast so if the bay blows the whole Coast blows.

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2006, 03:29:41 PM »
Name 1 LA rapper thats falls in the category of Hyphy from LA? Don't mention that weak game remix of tell me when to go cause he recycled half of E-40's verse. LA fell off when pac died end of story. He was the only bridge that connected LA to the Bay.
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2006, 03:48:03 PM »
Name 1 LA rapper thats falls in the category of Hyphy from LA? 

none. what difference does it make? its bay shit, not LA, but its still west coast. you need to quit for real mane. you aint actin no different than them NY cats who hate on cali shit constantly.

southcentralLA

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2006, 07:23:42 PM »
Fa Real my nigga Turf hit it on the head niggas sounding like they from the East hatin on the West yall niggas need to stop cause if PAC was alive he wouldn't allow all that bullshit yall wolfin he had niggas from everywhere on All Eyez on Me Bay and LA and the shit is a classic, niggas on here are the true definition of the Bay term Playa Hatin Bitches.........

youngmessnucca

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2006, 08:45:54 PM »
Name 1 LA rapper thats falls in the category of Hyphy from LA? Don't mention that weak game remix of tell me when to go cause he recycled half of E-40's verse. LA fell off when pac died end of story. He was the only bridge that connected LA to the Bay.

u are a moron and you are missing the entire point of the thread. Im on the East but I don't believe there is animosity between LA & The Bay, idiots like you just make it seem that way, I bet your from Hayward or Alameda or something. And it ain't just a hyphy movement, its cats like San Quinn, Zion I, Balance and others like that that are blowing as well as the hyphy artists

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2006, 08:48:04 PM »
I don't think anybody can really judge people from L.A. and how we view things goin on unless you've lived in L.A. for a period of years. Right now, almost everybody in L.A. that I am cool with, aside from up and coming rappers, are in full support of the Bay movement and we play Bay music more than L.A. music. L.A. rappers do tend to be cocky, and many of them seem like they don't want the Bay to blow because "they ain't sayin shit, and none of em is spittin" or because "Keak da sneak sucks, Mac Dre sucks, etc etc", but L.A. rappers hate on any other rappers in L.A. that aren't in their clique anyway, so that's just how they are gonna be.

But with me, I don't even care if The Bay blows big, and L.A. gets a lil play but doesn't really get big off it, because we did have our time, and it makes the west look stronger seein that we could have two major movements from two different cities and not just one. That's how the midwest came up...Detroit and Chi had put it down for a while, but when St. Louis came in with their own sound, it let the world know that the midwest as a whole was the most diverse region in rap.

makaveli11

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2006, 09:00:17 PM »
Man I have always had love for the Bay and as u can see I'm from south central LA, but I been bumpin the Bay since Short Dog in the 80's, Dru Down, Luniz, E-40 and the Click, Ant Banks, Digital Underground and 2pac, Richie Rich, Rappin 4 Tay, and alot more I won't name them all but sometimes Bay peeps act like people don't show them love well i got news for yall L.A. don't get any love either, when was the last time before Game have u seen any new L.A. artist get any shine??? My point is we all in the same fuckin boat and thats trying to get the West back where it once was on MTV, BET, and all that other shit we all just want a fair chance to do this music shit so lets just stick together we already got enough hate comin from other regions than to be hatin on each other in different parts of the state California that is..............
Co-sign.
Picture Perfection Pursuin Paper with a Passion

WestCoasta

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2006, 09:14:07 PM »
not to diss this shit at all or anything, but I really don't think it'll blow up as big as you guys are talkin

truedupbluedup

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2006, 09:14:35 PM »
Niggaz in L.A. be gettin hyphy now, its made its way to southern cali and before we know it the whole world will be Hyphy. Good too see Cali gettin love whether its northern or southern cali.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2006, 10:23:00 PM »
imo the bay area will not blow up

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Addicted To Cake

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Dwight Howard, Steve Nash, Whos Next?
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2006, 10:56:10 PM »
It's evident that alot of LA cats are already trying to make it seem like this new bay area sound is not "West Coast" enough. If you go in the streets of LA and ask around, you'll see. But you're right, slowly it will catch on and everyone will start riding the bandwagon. But like I said, in the 90s, that G Funk sound was WEST COAST and we all agreed to it. But can we all agree that this Bay shit is THE sound? I think not. That's where the Ride or Collide comes in. Imagine if someone in the bay OPPOSED the G Funk sound in the 90s, wouldn't a collision occur?

Bay Area sound in the 90s was westcoast tho. Too Short, 40, Spice 1, Rappin 4 Tay, The Click, B-Legit all the rest of those washed up rappers had a sound that was WESTCOAST in the 90s.

not anymore. Bay Area today is an embarrassment to California. All that Gay ass Hyphy crap is NOT Westcoast music. How dare those homos calim westcoast when they're biting the south hard.

EA-SKI is making all his production sound like some lil jon bullshit.  just listen to the San Quinn "hell yeah" tell me, how is that not a poor mans lil jon? dude tries to hard to bite. he needs his own sound. The Gay Area in general needs their own sound instead of biting. its not only production, alot of rappers sound like they from the south. Federation, Keak etc..   Lets not forget even the godfather of Oakland ditched the bay for atlanta and now Fag too short making south music. The Gay Area lost.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2006, 11:35:11 PM »
It's evident that alot of LA cats are already trying to make it seem like this new bay area sound is not "West Coast" enough. If you go in the streets of LA and ask around, you'll see. But you're right, slowly it will catch on and everyone will start riding the bandwagon. But like I said, in the 90s, that G Funk sound was WEST COAST and we all agreed to it. But can we all agree that this Bay shit is THE sound? I think not. That's where the Ride or Collide comes in. Imagine if someone in the bay OPPOSED the G Funk sound in the 90s, wouldn't a collision occur?

Bay Area sound in the 90s was westcoast tho. Too Short, 40, Spice 1, Rappin 4 Tay, The Click, B-Legit all the rest of those washed up rappers had a sound that was WESTCOAST in the 90s.

not anymore. Bay Area today is an embarrassment to California. All that Gay ass Hyphy crap is NOT Westcoast music. How dare those homos calim westcoast when they're biting the south hard.

EA-SKI is making all his production sound like some lil jon bullshit.  just listen to the San Quinn "hell yeah" tell me, how is that not a poor mans lil jon? dude tries to hard to bite. he needs his own sound. The Gay Area in general needs their own sound instead of biting. its not only production, alot of rappers sound like they from the south. Federation, Keak etc..   Lets not forget even the godfather of Oakland ditched the bay for atlanta and now Fag too short making south music. The Gay Area lost.

We obviously tend to have diff. opinions on Bay music..but a lot of their music does sound very Lil Jon inspired. However...Lil Jon's entire sound has a very strong Bay influence to begin with. The whole 808 sound that he is known for can be linked to the Bay. He added those synths to it and that became the signature sound for him. But only certain producers and songs sound Lil Jon inspired...all of Rick Rock's beats sound like they evolved straight from the 90s as his sound did, going from the typical Bay 90s Bosko sound, to the early 2000s Rick Rock "Change the game" "Automatic" "You can't deny it" sound, to the current sound that his songs have. Droop-E's songs sound a liiil bit Down South because of the drums, but the tempo alone makes it a lot different.

youngmessnucca

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2006, 12:09:35 AM »
right on R-Tistic...The 1st time I heard Lil' Jon was on the Too $hort Gettin It Album and hes always been fuckin with $hort & 40 as well. The lyrics, while not always the best, still have more substance than alot of the Crunk rappers. And when you look at it, alot of these rappers ( mostly The Jacka, The Team & Mistah Fab ) do have the ability and versatility to appeal to a mainstream audience and be all on Tv.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2006, 11:22:42 PM »
alot of these rappers ( mostly The Jacka, The Team & Mistah Fab ) do have the ability and versatility to appeal to a mainstream audience and be all on Tv.

Messy Marv too. Listen to Hypnotic off the DisoBAYish album and tell me thats not a platinum single.