Author Topic: 03/14/06: Interscope Pushes Mobb Deep's "Blood Money" Back To May 2nd  (Read 584 times)

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
So it's listed here:
www.interscope.com

Bad = This could cause "The Big Bang" to be pushed back to June   :-\

Good = By some miracle "The Big Bang" gets pushed up since it's hype and single/remizes are getting far more media attention.   8)

We shall see...

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: 03/14/06: Interscope Pushes Mobb Deep's "Blood Money" Back To May 2nd
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 11:18:21 PM »
Fuck, I know BIg Bang is gonna get pushed back...

wcsoldier

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2006, 05:19:01 AM »
Push back or not , please explain how/why Blood Money is coming before Busta one

1) Dre should show 50 whose the real boss is, but I guess Dre is sleepin
2) Interscope makes a lot of money but they could do even more . Busta buzz (single chart, interviews....) is way more superior than Mobb one, I don't know everyone, include Iovine, seems to dickride 50.

Eihtball

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2006, 06:59:57 AM »
please explain how/why Blood Money is coming before Busta one

That's a good point.  I ain't figured this out yet...Mobb Deep's never been all that profitable or popular except in the underground (and we all know Interscope gives a mad-ass fuck about them), and their last couple releases were commercial disappointments.  Now they sign with G-Unit, and they're suddenly being treated like huge stars, even to the point where Busta Rhymes' album would get pushed back for THEM?

If this is true, it prolly goes to show the influence that 50 must have at Interscope right now.  There's simply no other way such a non-commercial group would be getting so much commercial exposure and hype.

wcsoldier

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2006, 07:07:44 AM »
please explain how/why Blood Money is coming before Busta one

That's a good point.  I ain't figured this out yet...Mobb Deep's never been all that profitable or popular except in the underground (and we all know Interscope gives a mad-ass fuck about them), and their last couple releases were commercial disappointments.  Now they sign with G-Unit, and they're suddenly being treated like huge stars, even to the point where Busta Rhymes' album would get pushed back for THEM?

If this is true, it prolly goes to show the influence that 50 must have at Interscope right now.  There's simply no other way such a non-commercial group would be getting so much commercial exposure and hype.
Mobb went platinum with Infamy but here is what I think:

1) Iovine knows G unit won't be around for too long time so he wants to maximise profits by releasing as much album as possible in a short period
2) Though G Unit is/has  already falling off, Yayo flopped, GORDT sdt went(only) platinum and 50 movie hasn't been a huge sucess, nothing to be compared to Em one. The thing is that 50 uses his current power when Dre doesn't , don't ask me why I ain't got no idea

Eihtball

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2006, 07:17:27 AM »
Mobb went platinum with Infamy

No, "Infamy" only went Gold (not bad, but not that good, either), and "Amerikaz Nightmare" didn't even sell that high.

1) Iovine knows G unit won't be around for too long time so he wants to maximise profits by releasing as much album as possible in a short period
2) Though G Unit is/has  already falling off, Yayo flopped, GORDT sdt went(only) platinum and 50 movie hasn't been a huge sucess, nothing to be compared to Em one. The thing is that 50 uses his current power when Dre doesn't , don't ask me why I ain't got no idea

That doesn't make sense.

(1.) Releasing albums requires labels to invest a lot in promotional expenses.  On a label like Interscope, you don't just toss out product and hope it gon stick...that wastes a lot of money if you aren't going to get much out of them.
(2.) The GRODT OST was considered successful, and remember that the game "Bulletproof" was one of the top-selling games last year.  Whether we like it or not, 50 ain't going nowhere anytime soon, from Interscope or anywhere else.

I think it's pretty obvious that 50 has been pulling a lot of strings for Mobb Deep to have a new album out so soon (IF it's really coming out soon).  It's good for them, I guess, cause they've been putting in a lot of work for years and it'd be nice to see them go Platinum again, but it ain't fair to Busta and other artists who have been waiting longer.

wcsoldier

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2006, 07:22:38 AM »

That doesn't make sense.

(1.) Releasing albums requires labels to invest a lot in promotional expenses.  On a label like Interscope, you don't just toss out product and hope it gon stick...that wastes a lot of money if you aren't going to get much out of them.
By sayin they won't be around for too long time I meant they won't be on top during 5 more years. Of course I know Interscope doesn't release albums just to do that . After all "Ain't no one coming back from gold"  8)

wcsoldier

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2006, 07:26:07 AM »

That doesn't make sense.

(2.) The GRODT OST was considered successful, and remember that the game "Bulletproof" was one of the top-selling games last year.  Whether we like it or not, 50 ain't going nowhere anytime soon, from Interscope or anywhere else.

GORDT OST sold 1.2 M , of course it's great for a SDT , but I'm sure Interscope wanted more, 4 example 8 Mile did 8 M WW

Eihtball

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2006, 07:40:57 AM »
GORDT OST sold 1.2 M , of course it's great for a SDT , but I'm sure Interscope wanted more, 4 example 8 Mile did 8 M WW

50 ain't ever been as big a seller as Eminem in the first place.  Platinum is still respectable by G-Unit's standards...Banks' and Bucks' albums both sold that much and they were considered successful.  It's also a lot better than what Yayo's album sold, obviously, but that dude flopped completely.

Also, you still forgetting about the video game.

rip2pac

• 'G'
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2006, 08:57:30 AM »
lol MOBB DEEP shit gone do TONY YAYO NUMBERS

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2006, 10:21:18 AM »
Maybe mobb deeps album is finished and bustas aint yet ????

Everyone knows Dre is a perfectionist and as he is overseeing Bustas album it wouldnt surprise me if he is making some minor adjustments.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2006, 10:48:54 AM »
Hopefully nobody is surprised.  Everything G-Unit has been getting pushed back.  Outta Control was dope, but almost entirely due to Dre's beat.  Then they tried to exploit that G-Unit fanbase and drop that wack ass "Have a Party".  Thing is the G-Unit fanbase didn't really react that well to it, while at the same time, the loyal Mobb Deep fans saw that piece of shit song for what it was. 

Same shit with Olivia - dropped two records to create the buzz, but nobody gave a fuck.  Her album ain't never droppin.  Yayo flopped by G-Unit standards, so did the GRODT OST.  Their little formula is getting played the fuck out.  It wouldn't surprise me if the album continually gets pushed back, and IF it does drop, they're gonna catch a brick.  G-Unit's ship is sinking.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2006, 11:07:30 AM »
I'm a little confused; maybe one of you can halp me out. I was under the impression that Interscope was a record company. And as a record company their 2 main jobs were to promote albums and release albums. So why does Interscope have a hard time doing the latter and feel the need to push back ALL their releases?

Sriram619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2006, 11:12:50 AM »
Man fuck interscope all they do is push back releases im getting tired of their shit when the heck is bustas album gonna come out now if mobb deep got pushed back to may this shit is wack

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2006, 05:15:13 PM »
its just dumb to not release "The Big Bang" soon