Author Topic: Why is Bay Area so in love with Dirty South?  (Read 1022 times)

regimemob510

Re: Why is Bay Area so in love with Dirty South?
« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2006, 09:04:57 PM »
LA always referred itself as the West Coast, that was a HUGE slap in the face for us when the West was on top in the 90's. Now it's our time to bust back to what the LA never included us in. And don't mention 2pac either because he was one of us. It's to the point now where LA rappers want to be on BAY remixes. Don't deny it, you just envy the success. And it's only beginning....
dude ur so lame
You didn't have to state the obvious.

u guys are wack as fuck.  dude is bein real, LA didnt include any bay rappers when they blew up, now its the bay's turn, and look wut happens, LA bitches crying.....  fuck that shit, pac was the only nigga who knew wuts really hood in cali, and thats the bay!!!

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2006, 09:08:14 PM »
LA always referred itself as the West Coast, that was a HUGE slap in the face for us when the West was on top in the 90's. Now it's our time to bust back to what the LA never included us in. And don't mention 2pac either because he was one of us. It's to the point now where LA rappers want to be on BAY remixes. Don't deny it, you just envy the success. And it's only beginning....
dude ur so lame

u guys are wack as fuck.  dude is bein real, LA didnt include any bay rappers when they blew up, now its the bay's turn, and look wut happens, LA bitches crying.....  fuck that shit, pac was the only nigga who knew wuts really hood in cali, and thats the bay!!!
How many LA rappers in the early 90's were on Bay area albums? Do you see anyone bitching about that?

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #62 on: March 15, 2006, 09:09:31 PM »
dude ur so lame

Y'all act like the Bay wasn't poppin nationwide back then either...If you really wanna break down who was havin the most impact in the 90s, I'd really say 65% L.A., 35% Bay for the west. I don't see how L.A. "didn't include bay rappers", when most of the people in L.A. only associated with people in their own camps...you didn't even see a lot of cross collabs in the early and mid 90s like you see now...DPG worked with their own, Cube n Westside Connection worked with their own, Quik and his camp rolled with their own. The Bay had a lotta hits in the 90s, so it wasn't like L.A. got ALL the shine...the major reason we got more shine was because of the L.A. riots and Hollywood producin all the Hood movies that were all based in L.A. If it hadn't been for that, I don't think there would have been as much attention on L.A.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #63 on: March 15, 2006, 11:14:06 PM »
R-Tistic is right, the tempo for Hyphy is much faster than Crunk.

Compare the bpm of "Tell Me When To Go" to "Damn". Both produced by Lil Jon but two different sounds.

do u think the average person hearing this album gives a shit about the Beats Per Minute for "tell me when to go??"

even the tracks that aren't produced by lil jon don't sound anythign like westcoast. His next single with T-Pain is a Dirty South record not westcoast. e-40 is doing nothing for the west whatsoever.

Your main problem is you got some narrowminded thinkin as far as what West Coast music should sound like. Where was all yall when Game's record came out? how bout the LA Dream Team, that shit didnt sound like some typical LA shit neither. Ever heard of the Alkaholiks or the Pharcyde? Do they sound like Cali music?
And it aint like 40 aint been doin a southern type here and there since Charlie Hustle came out. Hell, even go back and listen to "Carlos Rossi" and tell me that shit dont sound like Crunk's grandfather.
He aint doin nothin for the West? you must be from a "different" West.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 11:25:31 PM by Turf Hitta »

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #64 on: March 15, 2006, 11:15:19 PM »
lol @ 2pac being a bay rapper........dude pac was raised in balitomore...all his "character" and street smarts came from living over there.....he moved over to oakland  and worked with digital underground, then he started rappin and livin off that he moved to  and basically started becoming an LA rapper, zilla i don't know how you're going to claim 2pac that's just crazy. to say pac was a bay area rapper by YOUR definition  and for us LA cats NOT to be able to claim Short is just CRAZIER, born in LA raised in LA then moved out to oakland, he was ALWAYS an the LA cat that lived up in oakland. i ain't tryin' to argue over who's what and who's from where, cuz it's all irrelevant....west coast is WESTCOAST....or it WAS but it seems that  ALOT of you bay area cats are tryin to start a rap civil war....in all honesty LA cats could give a FUCK less about what's LA and what's bay ,lol. so it's more of a one sided "beef" on you're guys' part

1.  on the real......i agree with the poster....you might as well consider this "new bay" sound to be dirty south/crunk music that's all it is, biting in a real way

2. on the real FUCK e-40 for that like "i rep the bay not the west coast" that's some bullshit, that's like him saying " i rep hip hop not the black race" , it's a slap in the face

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #65 on: March 15, 2006, 11:19:26 PM »

2. on the real FUCK e-40 for that like "i rep the bay not the west coast" that's some bullshit, that's like him saying " i rep hip hop not the black race" , it's a slap in the face

40 didnt say that. it was Turf Talk and the adlib right after he said that was "IIIII"M LYYYYYYIIIIIIIIN!"

get your facts right
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 11:22:03 PM by Turf Hitta »

Suga Foot

« Reply #66 on: March 15, 2006, 11:24:14 PM »
listen to "Carlos Rossi" and tell feel that shit dont sound like Crunk's grandfather.

true

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #67 on: March 15, 2006, 11:25:27 PM »
R-Tistic is right, the tempo for Hyphy is much faster than Crunk.

Compare the bpm of "Tell Me When To Go" to "Damn". Both produced by Lil Jon but two different sounds.

do u think the average person hearing this album gives a shit about the Beats Per Minute for "tell me when to go??"

even the tracks that aren't produced by lil jon don't sound anythign like westcoast. His next single with T-Pain is a Dirty South record not westcoast. e-40 is doing nothing for the west whatsoever.

Your main problem is you got some narrowminded thinkin as far as what West Coast music should sound like. Where was all yall when Game's record came out? how bout the LA Dream Team, that shit didnt sound like some typical LA shit neither. Ever heard of the Alkaholiks or the Pharcyde? Do they sound like Cali music?
And it aint like 40 aint been doin a southern type here and there since Charlie Hustle came out. Hell, even go back and listen to "Carlos Rossi" and tell feel that shit dont sound like Crunk's grandfather.
He aint doin nothin for the West? you must be from a "different" West.

actually with groups like the liks, OLD BEPs, Saafir, raas kass,defari ect. they might NOT have been the cliche souind of west coast music but they MADE WESTCOAST music.....if snoop/dre/eazy/cube/quik were the sound of compton/south central/and long beach  then groups like J5 and the ones mentioned above were those 'artsy' dudes you saw in venice beach, santa monica peer,and places that were outside of all these famous 'gangster' hoods....you could put your head phones on listening to some dialted peoples and imagine yourself walking down hollywood blvd and imagine  dialted being that rap group free styling on the corner by that old book store. it might not have had that low rumbling bass ,with high pitched synth, and some chick singing soulful vocables, but it had that OTHER LA/west coast taste.

the new shit coming out of the bay ain't nothing but riding of the current trends down south....a shame cuz the bay had a good sound

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #68 on: March 15, 2006, 11:26:47 PM »

40 didnt say that. it was Turf Talk and the adlib right after he said that was "IIIII"M LYYYYYYIIIIIIIIN!"

get your facts right

either way it was implied.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2006, 11:31:37 PM »

get your facts right

Why would Turf Talk disrespect LA when he's from LA?

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #70 on: March 15, 2006, 11:36:59 PM »

get your facts right

...???? He's from LA?? I've NEVER heard that one. I know he was on the radio in LA last week, but they were talkin about the Bay and how the Bay was in the buildin and all that.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #71 on: March 15, 2006, 11:40:34 PM »

get your facts right

...???? He's from LA?? I've NEVER heard that one. I know he was on the radio in LA last week, but they were talkin about the Bay and how the Bay was in the buildin and all that.

yea, he lived in LA until he was 15 or somethin like that, then he lived in vallejo after that. He was in a Murder Dog interview sayin he reps" L. Yay"