Author Topic: T.O. signing in Dallas?  (Read 335 times)

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
T.O. signing in Dallas?
« on: March 17, 2006, 10:07:05 AM »
Source: T.O bound for Dallas; agent denies deal
Story Tools:       XML     
  Print    Email    Blog This     
Jay Glazer / FOXSports.com
Posted: 12 hours ago     

Even in free agency, Terrell Owens' situation continues to be somewhat of a saga.

Thursday night, Lubbock's KLBK-13 CBS TV reported that the Cowboys have struck a deal with Owens. But when contacted by FOXSports.com about the report, agent Drew Rosenhaus vehemently denied that any such deal was finalized.
"I heard about the report too," Rosenhaus said. "Not true. Absolutely not true."

Despite Rosenhaus' denials however, a source close to Owens told FOXSports.com that the receiver has in fact agreed to a three-year deal with the Cowboys — a deal that likely won't be announced until the weekend in order for owner Jerry Jones to be available in Dallas to properly make the announcement.

And now the next 48 hours will tell who's telling the truth.

Owens was finally released by the Eagles on Tuesday, and his release was timed so that the Eagles could avoid paying him a $5 million roster bonus due Wednesday. In addition to Dallas, Denver, Kansas City and Miami were said to be interested.

But the Cowboys talk heated up when, soon after Owens was released, the Cowboys cut receiver Keyshawn Johnson to avoid a $1 million bonus. Johnson was scheduled to make only $1.5 million this season, but was seeking an extension and a raise.

Owens is two years younger than Johnson and more dynamic, with defenses fearing him deep and across the middle. He has also been disruptive to his own teams, leaving bad feelings in San Francisco and wearing out his welcome even more quickly in Philadelphia, albeit after helping the Eagles get to the Super Bowl.

The Eagles have long been wary about the Cowboys trying to land Owens, even asking the NFL to punish Jones for comments in November that they interpreted as trying to woo him. Philadelphia backed off its tampering claim a few days later, but the coming days might prove whether team officials were onto something.

Owens in a Dallas uniform would be a stunning turn of events considering how reviled he was for celebrating touchdowns against the Cowboys on the team's midfield logo at Texas Stadium. But he's a marquee player in every sense, and Jones has never shied from those types.

Adding to the intrigue is the presence of coach Bill Parcells. He had no problem taking in Johnson two years ago when the receiver was coming off a spat with Tampa Bay coach Jon Gruden, but that was different because they'd been together before.

An Owens-Parcells pairing would be nothing if not interesting, although the same was thought about Parcells and Jones, and they're three years into their relationship without any known blowups.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

it's also at this site     http://cowboys.scout.com/index.html

notihing official but it seems like a good possiblity.
he was complaining bout mcnabb not getting him the ball. i wonder how long till he rips drew bledsoe for not being able to get him the ball.

Macaframa

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: T.O. signing in Dallas?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 01:53:08 PM »
i heard he rejected the contract

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 11:34:02 PM »
looks like it's almost official that T.O. is going to be playing in a cowboys uniform.

Report: T.O. has agreement in principle with CowboysESPN.com news services

Terrell Owens may have found his home on the range.

Terrell Owens
Wide Receiver
Philadelphia Eagles

2005 SEASON STATISTICS
Rec Yds TD Avg Long YAC
47 763 6 16.2 91 337

The talented and volatile wide receiver, unwanted in Philadephia after a season-long squabble with management and quarterback Donovan McNabb, has reached an agreement in principle with the Dallas Cowboys, the Dallas Morning News reported, citing two unnamed sources.

The sources told the Morning News a formal announcement was expected in the next few days. No terms of the agreement were reported.

The newspaper said it could not reach team owner Jerry Jones, club spokesman Rich Dalrymple or Owens' agent, Drew Rosenhaus, for comment.

A five-time Pro Bowl receiver, Owens has 716 catches for 10,535 yards and 103 touchdowns, including two rushing scores, in 10 seasons in the NFL.

The Cowboys released Keyshawn Johnson on Tuesday, a move many saw as clearing the way for Owens to come to Dallas -- one of the Eagles' most bitter NFL rivals.

Eric Allen on T.O. signing

Allen
The Cowboys' signing of T.O. is a great move for both parties.
It's a great move for the Cowboys because it gets them one step closer to becoming a Super Bowl contender. Say what you will about his attitude and off field actions, but Owens is a superstar receiver who gives his all on the field every play. He's a tremendous talent who makes things much easier for his teammates because opposing defenses must key in on him to stop him from completely dominating the game.

To read Eric Allen's full column on the T.O. signing, click here.

Eric Allen played cornerback for 14 NFL seasons with the Eagles, Saints and Raiders. He's a regular contributor to Insider.

The Eagles released the exiled Owens on Tuesday, ending a stormy two-year relationship with the wide receiver that began with Super Bowl dreams and ended in bitter discord.

Owens was due a $5 million roster bonus on Wednesday, so the Eagles had to cut him or trade him before then to avoid paying him the money.

The move was a formality because Owens was kicked off the team in November following a series of incidents and infractions, including repeated criticism of McNabb.

The Eagles gave Owens and Rosenhaus permission to talk with other teams in January. The former All-Pro met with the Denver Broncos, while the Miami Dolphins were said to be interested and the Chiefs said they would consider giving Owens a one-year, incentive-laden deal.

Owens helped the Eagles reach the Super Bowl in his first season in Philadelphia, but his problems started when he demanded a new contract just one year into a seven-year, $48.97 million deal.

He criticized management, feuded with McNabb, violated team policies and eventually was banished seven games into last season. An arbitrator upheld the Eagles' decision to suspend Owens without pay for four games and deactivate him the final five games.

Owens came to the Eagles after eight often controversial seasons in San Francisco with a reputation for being a playmaker. However, his selfish behavior and flamboyant touchdown celebrations often overshadowed his performance on the field.

Ironically, one of the most memorable of those celebrations came at Texas Stadium, wher Owens, then with the 49ers, twice ran to the center of the field after touchdowns to spike the football on its iconic center star. The second time, he was tackled by the Cowboys' George Teague and a fracas ensued.

Macaframa

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2006, 11:10:26 AM »
Jay Glazer / FOXSports.com
Posted: 4 hours ago         

Even in free agency, Terrell Owens' situation continues to be somewhat of a saga.

A source close to Owens told FOXSports.com that the receiver has agreed to a three-year deal with the Cowboys — a deal that likely won't be announced until the weekend in order for owner Jerry Jones to be available in Dallas to properly make the announcement.

A report posted on the Dallas Morning News' Web site Friday night said sources close to the situation have confirmed a deal to bring Owens to Dallas and that a formal annoucement is likely to be made in the next few days.

Thursday night, Lubbock's KLBK-13 CBS TV reported that the Cowboys have struck a deal with Owens. But when contacted by FOXSports.com about the report, agent Drew Rosenhaus vehemently denied that any such deal was finalized.

Now the next 48 hours will tell who's telling the truth.

Owens was finally released by the Eagles on Tuesday, and his release was timed so that the Eagles could avoid paying him a $5 million roster bonus due Wednesday. In addition to Dallas, Denver, Kansas City and Miami were said to be interested.

But the Cowboys talk heated up when, soon after Owens was released, the Cowboys cut receiver Keyshawn Johnson to avoid a $1 million bonus. Johnson was scheduled to make only $1.5 million this season, but was seeking an extension and a raise.

Owens is two years younger than Johnson and more dynamic, with defenses fearing him deep and across the middle. He has also been disruptive to his own teams, leaving bad feelings in San Francisco and wearing out his welcome even more quickly in Philadelphia, albeit after helping the Eagles get to the Super Bowl.

The Eagles have long been wary about the Cowboys trying to land Owens, even asking the NFL to punish Jones for comments in November that they interpreted as trying to woo him. Philadelphia backed off its tampering claim a few days later, but the coming days might prove whether team officials were onto something.

Owens in a Dallas uniform would be a stunning turn of events considering how reviled he was for celebrating touchdowns against the Cowboys on the team's midfield logo at Texas Stadium. But he's a marquee player in every sense, and Jones has never shied from those types.

Adding to the intrigue is the presence of coach Bill Parcells. He had no problem taking in Johnson two years ago when the receiver was coming off a spat with Tampa Bay coach Jon Gruden, but that was different because they'd been together before.

An Owens-Parcells pairing would be nothing if not interesting, although the same was thought about Parcells and Jones, and they're three years into their relationship without any known blowups.

BigG

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2006, 02:52:04 PM »
He signed a 3 year deal with Dallas
http://www.myspace.com/sickeyesbeats

^^Check out my westcoast beats

BigG

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2006, 07:23:52 PM »
its official now
http://www.myspace.com/sickeyesbeats

^^Check out my westcoast beats

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2006, 11:03:35 PM »
im anticipating what  will happen between him & the tuna when TO bitches about something.

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2006, 12:02:15 AM »
he needs to make right that fucking shit he did afew  years back when he was with the niners...the fans WILL hound him til he does

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2006, 10:15:01 AM »
he needs to make right that fucking shit he did afew years back when he was with the niners...the fans WILL hound him til he does

I read that him and Jerry Jones were concocting a TD celebration that would rectify that situation.

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2006, 10:20:54 AM »
i hope roy williams fucks him up again in practice or sumthin.

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2006, 04:32:10 PM »
he needs to make right that fucking shit he did afew years back when he was with the niners...the fans WILL hound him til he does

I read that him and Jerry Jones were concocting a TD celebration that would rectify that situation.

i wonder what it could be. :eh:

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8