Author Topic: Blood Money front cover  (Read 663 times)

Eihtball

Re: Blood Money front cover
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2006, 08:23:04 PM »
Cats exaggerate P falling off way too much...they're just pissed because he was SO good on "The Infamous" and "Hell On Earth" that he can't ever kick shit like that again.  The fact that Hav is better now also makes it more obvious that he's not what he once was.  But don't get it twisted: Even at his worst, P is still damn good.  Just compare him to anyone else on "I Don't Know, Officer" if you have any doubts.

Yeah, I don't mind Havoc too much. I respect any cat that produces AND raps, but I'm curious to see if the production will be top notch here. Havoc supposedly saved his illest beats for this record, and Dre's track is described as "experimental". Lyrically, I don't expect anything too noteworthy, but I got a feeling the beats will thump for the most part.

That's kinda how I figure...G-Unit has yet to come out with an album that didn't have anything but the dopest producers money could hire.  Plus, even half-trying, P and Hav are still better than anyone in G-Unit.  So I figure that at worst, "Blood Money" will have G-Unit's usual high-class production standard, plus two MCs who have fallen off, but are still able to carry the tracks.

Unfortunately, "Pearly Gates" really disappointed me, and considering it's one of the most hyped tracks on the album, that ain't a good sign - maybe they shouldn't have put so much trust in this Exile cat.  "Nightmares" better be good - hopefully, Dre pulled out all the stops for them.  And Hav and Alchemist better be on their grind behind the boards.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2006, 08:29:27 PM by RBXtra (Rough Is The Texture) »

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2006, 08:28:37 PM »
Cats exaggerate P falling off way too much...they're just pissed because he was SO good on "The Infamous" and "Hell On Earth" that he can't ever kick shit like that again.  The fact that Hav is better now also makes it more obvious that he's not what he once was.  But don't get it twisted: Even at his worst, P is still damn good.  Just compare him to anyone else on "I Don't Know, Officer" if you have any doubts.

Dog, Pee nowadys compared to Pee from 10 years ago is night and day.  He went from an elite lyricist to wack.  P at his worst AIN'T damn good, its trash.

Eihtball

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2006, 08:35:44 PM »
Dog, Pee nowadys compared to Pee from 10 years ago is night and day.  He went from an elite lyricist to wack.  P at his worst AIN'T damn good, its trash.

Sorry, homie, but I ain't buying it.  Yeah, you're right that P fell off from 10 years ago, but that sure as hell don't make him wack.  Like I said, compare him to Spider Loc and Mase on "I Don't Know, Officer" - THAT is what wack sounds like (Mase with his usual lack of breath-control and mush-mouth flow, Spider Loc with his dumb-sounding, non-rhyming shit).  I'll agree P does sound really fuckin lazy these days - but he's still got a distinctive, menacing mic presence (cause of his voice) and he can occasionally drop some impressive bars.  I just want him to start dropping those ill battle raps and detailed crime narratives again, not just bragging.

BTW, you ever listen to the mixtapes Mobb Deep released before G-Unit?  Like the "Murda Mixtape"?  P still sounds pretty good on those.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2006, 08:45:14 PM »
The cover iis wack....

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2006, 08:48:45 PM »
Dog, Pee nowadys compared to Pee from 10 years ago is night and day.  He went from an elite lyricist to wack.  P at his worst AIN'T damn good, its trash.

Sorry, homie, but I ain't buying it. Yeah, you're right that P fell off from 10 years ago, but that sure as hell don't make him wack. Like I said, compare him to Spider Loc and Mase on "I Don't Know, Officer" - THAT is what wack sounds like (Mase with his usual lack of breath-control and mush-mouth flow, Spider Loc with his dumb-sounding, non-rhyming shit). I'll agree P does sound really fuckin lazy these days - but he's still got a distinctive, menacing mic presence (cause of his voice) and he can occasionally drop some impressive bars. I just want him to start dropping those ill battle raps and detailed crime narratives again, not just bragging.

BTW, you ever listen to the mixtapes Mobb Deep released before G-Unit? Like the "Murda Mixtape"? P still sounds pretty good on those.

Dog, you just compared Pee to MASE and SPIDER LOC!  Of course he's gonna outshine those cats.  But that ain't sayin nuthin!  Pee has a great voice, and a swagger when he spits.  He does have charisma, no doubt.  But his rap skills have dropped off the map.  Havoc outshines Pee on EVERY track they're both on, and thats been since HNIC.  I don't know if its his disease, or he's just blowed out his mind, but Prodigy fell off.  

Gotti......Xl

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Thug Life
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2006, 09:02:05 PM »

Jome

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2006, 10:10:50 PM »
LMAO i saw this on AHH forums thought it was hilarious..

LMAO, "You little FUCK, I've got money stacks bigger than you", I actually played Blueprint at work today, crazy..

Mad corny, hope they change it up.

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2006, 10:41:35 PM »
gay ass cover

Sikotic™

« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2006, 11:51:13 PM »

LMFAO!!!!!!!! The real cover isn't that bad.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2006, 02:01:56 AM »
i dont like that gunit concept. It always got something to do with piles of money

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2006, 02:56:44 AM »
i dont like that gunit concept. It always got something to do with piles of money

westkoastanostra

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2006, 03:38:25 AM »
Dog, Pee nowadys compared to Pee from 10 years ago is night and day.  He went from an elite lyricist to wack.  P at his worst AIN'T damn good, its trash.

Sorry, homie, but I ain't buying it. Yeah, you're right that P fell off from 10 years ago, but that sure as hell don't make him wack. Like I said, compare him to Spider Loc and Mase on "I Don't Know, Officer" - THAT is what wack sounds like (Mase with his usual lack of breath-control and mush-mouth flow, Spider Loc with his dumb-sounding, non-rhyming shit). I'll agree P does sound really fuckin lazy these days - but he's still got a distinctive, menacing mic presence (cause of his voice) and he can occasionally drop some impressive bars. I just want him to start dropping those ill battle raps and detailed crime narratives again, not just bragging.

BTW, you ever listen to the mixtapes Mobb Deep released before G-Unit? Like the "Murda Mixtape"? P still sounds pretty good on those.

Dog, you just compared Pee to MASE and SPIDER LOC!  Of course he's gonna outshine those cats.  But that ain't sayin nuthin!  Pee has a great voice, and a swagger when he spits.  He does have charisma, no doubt.  But his rap skills have dropped off the map.  Havoc outshines Pee on EVERY track they're both on, and thats been since HNIC.  I don't know if its his disease, or he's just blowed out his mind, but Prodigy fell off.  

prodigy sucks balls....i always skiphis verse on "outta control remix"

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2006, 03:39:55 AM »
I wonder who came up with the idea of putting Illuminati symbols on the cover (the "all-seeing eye" & the pyramid). Either someone over at G-Unit is a learned person, or he has just read Angels & Demons by Dan Brown and thought it would be "cool" to use it for a G-Unit album cover...

Anyway, as long as the music is good, I could give a flying fuck about an album cover. But yes, it does suck.

ABN

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2006, 06:43:46 AM »
it kinda remings of Banks album cover. and if you don´t think P fell of you need to put down the crack pipe. half of the shit P drops these days don´t even rhyme, listen to P´s Outta Control verse lol.

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2006, 09:55:12 AM »
yeh reminded me of lloyd banks album cover. and it does look like a duplicate of all the pictures g unit takes in magazines with piles of money.