Author Topic: Michael Jackson apparently hard at work on a new album  (Read 547 times)

Trauma-san

Michael Jackson apparently hard at work on a new album
« on: March 24, 2006, 06:50:04 AM »
Apparently, Michael Jackson is working really hard on a new album.  Over the past month, a whole slew of singers have been reportedly working with him, and most have been attributed to working on his 'charity' song although I can't really call it because the disaster happened almost a year ago.  Still. 

People supposedly working with Michael over the past month on songs OTHER than the charity song:

Kanye West
Teddy Riley
John Legend
L.A. Reid

and of course people already confirmed working with him (and already recorded their parts for the charity song by their own admissions) Snoop, R. Kelly, Little Richard, the O'Jays, Ciara, etc.

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Michael Jackson apparently hard at work on a new album
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2006, 08:21:52 AM »
i thought he was done wit music. ah well hopefully he releases some good music so that ppl can look at him as one of the best artists of our time instead of a cihld molester.

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 02:32:58 PM »
Just found out that DJ Whoo Kid definately has been talking with Michael Jackson.  I don't know if the 50 cent thing is true, but Whoo Kid just gave some interview or blurb where he said on Sirius radio this weekend, he's going to talk about Michael Jackson and Kanye west working together in the studio, and talk about Michael's new record deal.  So something's going down and DJ Whoo Kid is in Bahrain right now as a guest of Michael's friend the Prince. 

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2006, 04:04:44 AM »
I would love a new album but i find it hard to believe there is going to be one when he cant put out a charity single.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2006, 05:06:46 AM »
Well, the good news for us Jackson fans is, there HAS to be a new album, and several new albums, because it's becoming obvious now that he truly is in financial trouble.  Anybody else could have made a dynasty with his money, he blew it all.

Look @ Paul McCartney.  He's so fucking rich, everyone in his family will never have to work again, for about 10 generations.  Paul has the freedom of not doing anything if he chooses.

Michael doesn't have that freedom, he'll still be performing in his 60's and 70's unless he dies early. 

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2006, 07:34:49 AM »
^ why not sell the beatle ownerships?

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2006, 08:49:20 AM »
Well, the good news for us Jackson fans is, there HAS to be a new album, and several new albums, because it's becoming obvious now that he truly is in financial trouble. Anybody else could have made a dynasty with his money, he blew it all.

Look @ Paul McCartney. He's so fucking rich, everyone in his family will never have to work again, for about 10 generations. Paul has the freedom of not doing anything if he chooses.

Michael doesn't have that freedom, he'll still be performing in his 60's and 70's unless he dies early.

Which is truly hilarious because MJ owns the publishing to all of the Beatles songs.  And i'm not sure i'd put too much validity to seeing a Whoo Kid / MJ collab.  When his last album came out, everybody and their dog was supposedly recording with him.  I hope he does put out another album.  Shit, he's gotta have so much to say and so much emotion pent up, if he could tap into to some of that the album could be incredible.  But its like you said a while back - he needs somebody to push him. 

Lets get Quincy Jones in there, Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis, Teddy Riley.  And I wouldn't mind hearing Jermaine Dupri do some production.  He's genius at R&B.

DonCorleone

• Lil Geezy
  • 0 4 0
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2006, 09:00:57 AM »
I really want him to drop a new album but the person I wan't to see least on that album is 50 Cent, I'm sorry Mike, I know you're in some financial trouble (although I have very hard believing it), but 50 ? The sad thing is that it would probably sell like shit ! And right now it seems like its going to happen..
West Coast To This

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2006, 09:06:19 AM »
oh man that would be classic micheal singing and dancing while fittys on the hook  ;D

Fitty Cent = Sex; Sex sells

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2006, 10:48:01 AM »
Ey Trauma man, ur MJ credibility is low, cuz the way u were hypin up Invisible made us all think this was some groundbreaking work......
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2006, 10:51:17 AM »
They way he presented himself in the public over the last years makes it hard for me to believe that he is capable of making some quality music.. maybe with ghostwriters/singers.. but really working on an album by himself.. hell nah.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Trauma-san

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2006, 12:42:36 PM »
Ey Trauma man, ur MJ credibility is low, cuz the way u were hypin up Invisible made us all think this was some groundbreaking work......

And?  Who gives a shit? I'm not an expert, don't look to me for credibility.  I loved Invincible, if you didn't like it, you probably won't like this album either. 

Trauma-san

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2006, 12:44:30 PM »
They way he presented himself in the public over the last years makes it hard for me to believe that he is capable of making some quality music.. maybe with ghostwriters/singers.. but really working on an album by himself.. hell nah.

Ghost singers?  Huh?  The last thing he recorded and released was "One More Chance" and he sounded better on that than he's sounded in his entire career.

Why would he need a Ghostwriter, he always gives full credit to anybody that writes a song for him.  He's written a lot himself but some of his biggest hits were written, and attributed, to other people.  You get 'ghostwriters' when you want people to think you wrote it and hide the songwriters name. 

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2006, 05:34:14 PM »

And?  Who gives a shit? I'm not an expert, don't look to me for credibility.  I loved Invincible, if you didn't like it, you probably won't like this album either. 

man u were hypin up invisble like it was the best thing since white bread....knowin damn well u aint even heard the album...and its a broken record all over again
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2006, 07:28:11 PM »
^ why not sell the beatle ownerships?

Because the way it looks it'll only get more expensive. The only time to sell the Beatles songs would be when it looks like the Beatle's popularity is about to stagnate. The absolute best time would be right after McCartney dies (if Mike lives longer than Paul), because that is when the big money is to be made. McCartney's death will bring back everyone's memories and create a lot of wonder in the young people at the time. This means that Sony would pay a hell of a lot to get 100% of the rights and 100% of the income and Mike could let it go for a lot more than he'll ever be able to. (If the offer isn't as high as he wants it then he should sell for a lower price after the post-McCartney buzz dies down.

As for the new album; all these new RnB and hip hop guys on it already make me not look forward to it. The current RnB is just a second, scratch that, 4th rate Michael Jackson RnB. I'd say I'd want a Quincy produced album but at his age his drive is gone. Personally I think the best thing he could release is an album produced entirely by Jack White and co-produced by Jackson, with songs written by Jackson and maybe one or two by White. I could see that really blowing up if people are past their personal dislike. White has proven with Loretta Lynn that he can go outside his genre make classics.