Author Topic: Google Buys Out YouTube.com For $1.65 Billion  (Read 312 times)

Trauma-san

Re: Google Buys Out YouTube.com For $1.65 Billion
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2006, 02:50:26 PM »
R-Tistic, you're using an argument that many have used before and failed in the online distribution area.  I'm not saying you're wrong, i'm just saying that record companies have heard that before, and they're not exactly standing in line to have youtube let you download their music videos and shit for free.  Record Companies and Movie companies love to sue people over this shit, i guarantee you there will be tons of lawsuits thrown at Google, whether it's right or wrong, it's going to happen.  Bad purchase.

Diabolical

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2006, 03:24:32 PM »
Didn't Warner or Sony just sign a contract with YouTube for something? Doesn't sound like a lawsuit to me.

/me awaits verbal assault from Trauma.

Raspass

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2006, 04:15:42 PM »
Bad move by Google, within the next year every major movie studio and recording company will sue the fuck out of youtube since you can basically get copyrighted material all over the place on there and youtube does nothing to deter it.  The only reason they haven't sued before is because there was no money at youtube.  Now there is.  Yay Google!

Why didn't you warn them ;D

Trauma-san

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2006, 09:36:29 PM »
Didn't Warner or Sony just sign a contract with YouTube for something? Doesn't sound like a lawsuit to me.

/me awaits verbal assault from Trauma.

Say it like a man, bitch.  Don't play games with me. 

Trauma-san

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2006, 09:38:08 PM »
Bad move by Google, within the next year every major movie studio and recording company will sue the fuck out of youtube since you can basically get copyrighted material all over the place on there and youtube does nothing to deter it.  The only reason they haven't sued before is because there was no money at youtube.  Now there is.  Yay Google!

Why didn't you warn them ;D

... because I don't give a fuck.  Let them get sued, they can handle it.  Mark my words... I know I will.  As soon as I see the newstories about google getting the fuck sued out of them, I'll post here.  When I do, i fully expect you to come on the post and admit that I was right and you were wrong.  I'll be waiting for that, but I likely won't remember who you are, so remind me.  Send me 5 dollars.

Jeremy Washington
P.O. Box 464588
Charlotte, NC 28356

akcranker - The Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2006, 01:15:18 AM »
Damn 1.65 Billion after 1 1/2 years of operation.. those motherfuckers are rich!!!  you know they are buying new cars.. houses.. women.. yachts LOL