Author Topic: so i'm expanding my horizons...  (Read 157 times)

coola

so i'm expanding my horizons...
« on: March 28, 2006, 06:26:30 AM »
i been getting into alot of the police and erick clapton... and damn i'm feelin it like nothing else, what other artists would you all recommend thats in the same calibre ?

cheers.

coola

Re: so i'm expanding my horizons...
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 06:32:49 AM »
what album is "wish you were here" off ?

i'm playing some "fields of gold" right now  8) shit brings back child hood memories...

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 06:34:53 AM »
The Police are a GREAT band, especially the drummer. If you like his drumming I'd recommend Cream, Led Zeppelin and Rush for equal skills on drums. Clapton, it depends on the era. If you like his guitar skills, the aformentioned band Cream is a good place to go (he was the guitar player) as well as his work with Blind Faith, Derek and the Dominoes, John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers. Freddie King, Albert King, Stevie Ray Vaughan, and Buddy Guy are all guitar players in the same style and talent as Clapton.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 06:35:41 AM »
Wish You Were Here as in the Pink Floyd song? Album of the same title.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

coola

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 06:45:45 AM »
man right now i'm just getting anything and everything, all the oldies, rolling stones, i already got a heap of hendrix and pink floyd... i'm gettin ac dc, man everything... pretty much going insane with all these songs  :o

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2006, 06:49:17 AM »
man right now i'm just getting anything and everything, all the oldies, rolling stones, i already got a heap of hendrix and pink floyd... i'm gettin ac dc, man everything... pretty much going insane with all these songs  :o

Rolling Stones are great, Sticky Fingers is an album I'd recommend if you haven't got it already.

Paris

coola

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2006, 06:56:10 AM »
will do havent got that yet...

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2006, 12:10:45 PM »
this is what i did, started with classics

Beatles
Led zeppelin
pink floyd
The doors
Rolling stones
jimi hendrix

thats a good start, you can listen to the majority of material by of those artists and its amazing