Author Topic: question about age limit in the NBA?  (Read 396 times)

T-Dub

Re: question about age limit in the NBA?
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2006, 05:48:12 PM »
19 and a year removed from High School

OJ Mayo and one of his teammates are going to be 19 when they graduate but still can't go to the NBA. NBDL is changing the age limit to 18 for players that don't go to college. I think there should be exceptions, some of the players aren't ready, but for the exceptions like LeBron, he could have came out when he was a junior and been a number 1 pick and there would be only a handful of players that teams wouldn't have traded to get him. I think when LeBron type players come out, appeals to the rule should be allowed to be made.
Appeals are only made when there is a dispute over a rule. And like Javy said, where do you draw the line? How good someone his, escpically before they enter the NBA, is a hard thing to measure because it's more a question of opinion then fact.

I'm referring to if a guy would be a consensus top 5 pick.  I guess it doesn't sound too logical, just more wishful thinking.  There really isn't a way to tell, as sure locks have become busts.  I think that it's a good idea for the players that aren't ready to come out and need their skills to develop and mature.  Only a few would not benefit as much in college as they would in the NBA.