Author Topic: Heroic white students set Mexican flag on fire......  (Read 1230 times)

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Heroic white students set Mexican flag on fire......
« on: March 31, 2006, 04:10:42 PM »
after some racist Mexicans took down the American flag at a high school and raised the Mexican flag. The students who burnt the Mexican flag deserve a Presidential medal of honor. Finally, someone stood up for our country against these racist bigots. Maybe there is hope for America after all.

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/62231.html

Immigration tensions spark flag-burning in A.J. 
By Blake Herzog, Tribune
March 31, 2006 This week’s tensions over immigration reform literally caught fire in the East Valley on Thursday when students raised a Mexican flag over Apache Junction High School — and then other students yanked it down and burned it.

“I know (they) shouldn’t have burned the Mexican flag,” said Jacob Stewart, a 16-year-old sophomore. “I heard it was raised above the American flag and that just irked me.”

He said the turbulence was tied to the newsmaking debates in the state Legislature and in Congress, where ideas from offering illegal immigrants a chance at citizenship to making them felons are being considered.

Freshman Chelsea Garcia, 15, and junior Brittany Ramage, 16, said the unrest had more to do with longrunning racial tensions at the school.

“(This week’s events) might have sparked a little more anger,” Ramage said. “But kids are not very deep about that stuff.”

The Hispanic student who brought the Mexican flag said he was responding to a racist remark directed at him Wednesday. The flagraising, flag-burning and shoving match that followed happened before most students arrived at school.

Six students — three Hispanic and three white — will be disciplined, principal Chad Wilson said.

Officials with the Apache Junction Unified School District would not specify what kind of punishment the six students face.

Wilson said in a letter sent home to parents that there would be “increased supervision, including additional police officers, on the campus over the next couple of days.”

District spokeswoman Carol Shepherd said the additional security was being brought in as a precaution.

“It’s one of those situations where if you didn’t have additional security and something did happen, we’d be challenged by parents about why we didn’t do anything,” she said.

Wilson said the increased security would include four off-duty police officers the district hired as security guards, along with its regular school resource officer.

By early afternoon Thursday, district officials said the environment on campus had sufficiently calmed down to continue preparing students to take Arizona’s Instrument to Measure Standards test next week.

“It’s much more conducive to quality learning today than it could have been,” Superintendent Gregory Wyman said.

Shepherd said parents were calling the district office about false rumors their children had brought home: “That the American flag had been burned — not true. That this had happened four or five times before — not true.”

The confrontation happened at the flagpole in front of the school’s Navy ROTC building, but Maj. Bill Parker, one of the organization’s advisers, said he did not know whether any of his students were involved.

He said ROTC provides diversity training to all its students, and about 20 percent of his NJROTC students are Hispanic.

About 17 percent of the overall student body is Latino, according to the district.

Wilson said he e-mailed teachers separately Thursday about the incident, but left it up to them to decide if and how they should address the issue in their classrooms.

He emphasized that six out of the school’s 1,618 students were involved in the flag fight, and many students might not have the same problems dealing with the racially charged immigration debate.

School flagpoles have been lightning rods across the country this week, including an incident in which a Houston high school principal was disciplined after he flew a Mexican flag underneath his campus’ U.S. and state flags.

A new political awareness among high school students has also been grabbing attention, as thousands of teenagers have walked out ofclasses to join rallies nationwide.

More than 100 students from Mesa’s Carson Junior High and Westwood High schools marched in protest on Mesa streets Tuesday.

Organizers of last Friday’s protest that drew 20,000 people of all ages and shut down miles of 24th Street in Phoenix are gearing up for another one on April 10.

During a news conference Wednesday, they begged high school students not to join in until after school lets out.

Former Mesa resident Mercedes Mercado-Ochoa, who attended the conference as a member of Unidos in Arizona, said many of the students are part of struggling families and may be the American-born children of illegal immigrants.

She said the way to get kids to protest responsibly is to provide them with positive role models, rather than encourage bad choices such as those made on both sides of the Apache Junction dispute.

“We need to be educating them on what César Chávez was all about — he wasn’t a boxer,” she said.

“And about Martin Luther King — what he wanted for the people.”

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Heroic white students set Mexican flag on fire......
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 04:15:31 PM »
Stupid high school students.  Flipping, shitting, burning, pissing, on flags during an issue where nationalism has nothing to do with the issue at hand. And idiots like yourself gobble it up.

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 04:23:21 PM »
after some racist Mexicans took down the American flag at a high school and raised the Mexican flag. The students who burnt the Mexican flag deserve a Presidential medal of honor. Finally, someone stood up for our country against these racist bigots. Maybe there is hope for America after all.

You have no idea how dumb you sound, do you? You're a joke.
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2006, 04:25:06 PM »
you didn't burn the flag, and if you were there, you'd hide in the girls bathroom 'till it was all over... coward

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2006, 04:25:42 PM »

You have no idea how dumb you sound, do you? You're a joke.

Shouldn't you be packing your things for your big move to Afghanistan??? I hear that Kandahar is lovely this time of year.

Don't step on any land mines!!!!

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2006, 04:26:31 PM »

I'm CWalker... a Real America Pussy

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2006, 04:27:55 PM »
god is an american, datz why you can't put another flag upon american's one

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2006, 04:29:12 PM »

Mods....I want him BANNED!!!!!

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2006, 04:30:27 PM »
god is an american, datz why you can't put another flag upon american's one

god is an american?  that's a joke right?

i've never heard anything further from the truth
NO MORE WAR

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2006, 04:31:06 PM »

Mods....I want him BANNED!!!!!

I write articles for DubCNN, you know, this thing called the Junkyard... you should read it... it's actually pretty good. People like it. I think they'd ban you before they'd ban me. Besides, I've been here since day one, check my profile. I feel pretty secure you'd be banned first.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2006, 04:34:26 PM »
Real American lost this debate

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2006, 04:36:28 PM »
now... let me respond to this ARTICLE right, not CWalker.

I think that with every reaction there is a reaction. The Latin students who did this should know that eventually white students would respond, and respond they did. In LA, it may have looked cool, but LA has a huge Latin majority, so like in Minnesota where I am at now, if the whites wanted to riot, protect, and do whatever they wanted to other ethnic flags, they could. Same with LA. Outside LA, you try that, you are not going to get far. Americans will take a peaceful protest, but dissing the country will cause a negative reaction. Instead, they should have not tried to be unrashional and just stupit, and actually planned the thing out. A good old fashion American protest is more helpful than dissing the American flag. After all, when you are outside, don't be surprised when they out number you, and then you actually have to find the best way to get your point across.

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2006, 04:45:12 PM »
now... let me respond to this ARTICLE right, not CWalker.

I think that with every reaction there is a reaction. The Latin students who did this should know that eventually white students would respond, and respond they did. In LA, it may have looked cool, but LA has a huge Latin majority, so like in Minnesota where I am at now, if the whites wanted to riot, protect, and do whatever they wanted to other ethnic flags, they could. Same with LA. Outside LA, you try that, you are not going to get far. Americans will take a peaceful protest, but dissing the country will cause a negative reaction. Instead, they should have not tried to be unrashional and just stupit, and actually planned the thing out. A good old fashion American protest is more helpful than dissing the American flag. After all, when you are outside, don't be surprised when they out number you, and then you actually have to find the best way to get your point across.

What exactly is the point of putting the Mexian flag above the American flag?  These people want immigrants to live here and not Mexico...so they fly the Mexican flag over the American flag? Does that make any sense.

It is racism pure and simple.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 04:47:33 PM by Real American »

J Bananas

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2006, 04:45:20 PM »
ok so we got mexicans and rednecks arguing in here, theyre on the same level so its not gonna go anywhere. burning a mexican flag was a little too much but so is raising a mexican flag over american. matter o fact, theyre both two pieces of cloth and really both actions amount to comparing dick sizes and thats all this is turning into. i doubt America is going to criminalize 12 million ppl but they sure arent gonna open the flood gates for bunch of raggedy 3rd worlders, it would be like miami in the 80's on a huge scale; drugs, crime, pollution would all increase and everyone knows it. SO, people need to calm down and not get heated about the immigration issue. it will only lead to more childish shit like the flags thing. the us government will reach a decision which will be a hard bargain for both sides, but thats usually what happens.

J Bananas

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2006, 04:47:07 PM »
but for the record if they were playin with the flags at my school i'd burn an oversized stuffed tweety bird. u know that would crush their spirits.