Author Topic: Legends Unite! - KRS One and Marley Marl recording an album together  (Read 117 times)

jeromechickenbone

Jacked from AHH.  I hope it comes to fruition - I'd cop in a heartbeat.

One-Time Rivals Marley Marl And KRS-One Record Album
By Houston Williams
Date: 3/30/2006 5:45 pm

KRS-One and DJ Marley Marl will sonically end one of the most infamous and revered beefs in Hip-Hop history. The pair intends to drop a new album on Koch Records.

Both were involved in a long-running dispute after Marley Marl and MC Shan recorded the seminal 1985 record, "The Bridge," an ode to Queensbridge, New York.

South Bronx MC KRS-One, backed by Boogie Down Productions, took offense to the song, which some say implies that Hip-Hop started in Queens.

KRS-One shot back with "South Bronx," claiming the South Bronx as the true birthplace of Hip-Hop.

Several other dis records were released at the height of the battle, including MC Shan's "Kill That Noise" and KRS One's "The Bridge Is Over."

With the saturation of beef in the Hip-Hop market, Marley said that he wanted to make a definitive statement to the youth.

Marley stated that the process of recording this album with KRS-One started simply.

"It all happened with one phone call," Marley Marl told AllHipHop.com. "They called me and he jumped on the phone and told me it would be spectacular for Hip-Hop."

As a producer, Marley Marl has helped launch the careers of Hip-Hop talents like the Juice Crew's Big Daddy Kane, Kool G Rap, Master Ace, Craig G, Roxanne Shante and MC Shan, among others.

Additionally, Marley resuscitated LL Cool J's career when he produced "Mama Said Knock You Out" and hit it big producing early hits for R&B group TLC.

"My reason for doing this is to show these kids that [Hip-Hop beefs] are not that serious," he concluded.

The Queensbridge legend further stated that KRS-One was still laying vocals, but he was extremely excited to be working with his one-time rival. "He's finishing up his portion. It's gonna be crazy," Marley stated. "We got sick beats."

The untitled album is slated to hit stores this summer.

herpes

Re: Legends Unite! - KRS One and Marley Marl recording an album together
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 06:50:20 PM »
i saw this on sohh a few weeks ago, i'll download it b4 i buy it but i am looking foward to this.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 07:15:37 PM »
I'll believe it when I hear it.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 07:53:39 PM »
I'll believe it when I hear it.
Don't be so pessimistic.  I got a good feeling about it.

i saw this on sohh a few weeks ago, i'll download it b4 i buy it but i am looking foward to this.

Marley and KRS can still do it. This has serious potential - and being on Koch they should be pretty free to do the album however they want.

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2006, 03:13:34 AM »
History in tha making!

~Loyalty Is Everything~

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2006, 05:31:52 AM »
Kind of a decade and a half too late, but it should be solid.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow