Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Dodgers Thread  (Read 23257 times)

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: The Official 2006 Los Angeles Dodgers Thread
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2006, 08:36:49 PM »
Damn Dodgers had a chance to win this one. Are 3,4,and 5 hitters didn't come through.  :( Dodgers lose a close one 11-10.

They had 8 RBI's between them though lol.  I think the biggest pain was seeing Saenz bat vs righties 

ecrazy

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2006, 08:48:53 PM »
i knew Nomar was going to get hurt, i swear i thought it was going to happen during opening day, lol

funny that it happend against my team!
maybe my vision ment something  ???

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2006, 08:55:42 PM »
Oh well.  I wish Loney tears it up, he's also been bugged by injuries

rik

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2006, 09:16:05 PM »
Damn Dodgers had a chance to win this one. Are 3,4,and 5 hitters didn't come through.  :( Dodgers lose a close one 11-10.

They had 8 RBI's between them though lol.  I think the biggest pain was seeing Saenz bat vs righties 
They didn't come through in the end I meant.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2006, 09:17:31 PM »
Oh i see...my bad. 

rik

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2006, 09:25:39 PM »
Hopefully we have better luck tommorow. We got Penny goin against Smoltz. I don't think Nomar will be playin tommorow.

Javy you are right about watchin Saenz hit against righties that shit was ugly.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2006, 09:31:04 PM »
They're going to reevaluate his injury tommorow and odds are that he will be placed on the DL.   :-\

rik

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2006, 03:57:58 PM »
Man the games at seven today and it's raing like a muthafuka hope it doesn't get rained out.

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2006, 06:44:14 PM »
Man the games at seven today and it's raing like a muthafuka hope it doesn't get rained out.
It stopped raining where I live so hopefully it stopped at Dodger Stadium :-\

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2006, 06:45:33 PM »
Garciaparra is officially on the DL now :(

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- The Los Angeles Dodgers placed first baseman Nomar Garciaparra on the 15-day disabled list Tuesday because of a strained muscle in his right side and recalled James Loney from Triple-A Las Vegas.

The 21-year-old Loney was in the lineup Tuesday night against Atlanta, batting fifth and playing first. His big league debut, however, was in jeopardy because of daylong rain.

Garciaparra, signed as a free agent during the offseason, was injured while swinging in his first-at-bat Sunday in the Dodgers' exhibition finale against the Los Angeles Angels in Anaheim.

When Garciaparra returns, he will be playing first base for the first time, having been a shortstop most of his career.

"I believe it's only going to be a two-week thing," Garciaparra said. "Let's get this right so we can put this behind us."

Garciaparra said he wasn't discouraged, but added: "Disappointed and frustrated, no question. There is never a good time. There's a time when you can be a little more cautious. This is the time."

The 32-year-old Garciaparra has spent extensive time on the disabled list in three of his last five seasons, playing only 21 games in 2001, 81 in 2004 and 62 last season.

He said he's never had this kind of injury.

"I've read about it and see guys have it all the time -- now I know what it feels like," he said. "I feel better today, which is good. I trust the medical staff here, they've gone through this, they've seen this injury in the past. I'm putting it in their hands.

"Let's say it's an eight-day, 10-day thing -- you can't play a man short that long."

Dodgers manager Grady Little said Loney will share first base duties with Olmedo Saenz while Garciaparra is sidelined, with Ramon Martinez also possibly playing first.

"We were very impressed with this kid in spring training," Little said. "We like the way he swings the bat. We like the way he plays first base."

Loney said he figured he might get the call when he heard Garciaparra was hurting.

"I feel great, man," he said. "I saw I was in the five-hole. That's cool. This has been a dream for who knows how long. It feels like a real good team here. I feel relaxed -- ready to have fun."

Weather permitting, Loney was scheduled to face Braves ace John Smoltz for the first time. Before meeting with reporters, he spent time watching video of Smoltz.

"I'm going to be ready, excited, prepared," he said of his first at-bat.

Loney has never played above Double-A, but has made quite an impression over the past three springs. He hit .284 with 11 homers and 65 RBIs in 138 games with Double-A Jacksonville last year. The Dodgers made him the 19th overall selection in the June 2002 draft.

The Dodgers are starting the season with two regulars sidelined -- center fielder Kenny Lofton was placed on the DL on Sunday because of a strained calf.

"That's what goes on -- it's life," Lofton said. "That's the way the game is. You can look at other teams as well having injuries. Bad luck or something. You can't put a finger on it. If it's going to happen, let it happen now."

Lofton was injured Thursday in an exhibition game in Las Vegas.

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2006, 07:11:08 PM »
Games starting. Hopefully it doesn't start raining during the game.

rik

« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2006, 07:16:22 PM »
^ I know man I don't  want that shit to get rained out. I've been waiting for Dodger baseball since the season ended.

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2006, 07:30:25 PM »
2-Run HR for JD Drew.

rik

« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2006, 07:31:04 PM »
^ Yeahhhhhhhh!

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2006, 07:37:30 PM »
Now 4-0 Dodgers 8)