Author Topic: virus/adware help  (Read 112 times)

Wild_Elmo

virus/adware help
« on: April 02, 2006, 02:29:48 PM »
hello guys, i need help ridding of multiple problems. If i turn on my computer and let it sit for about 2 minutes, maybe 5 ads will come up out of no where. while surfing the web same shit happens. Also a message pops up saying windows firewall is off, and i am not able to turn it back on.

after i figured out how to turn it back on, after a restart the firewall is back off. also after every restart these files appear on my desktop: full.exe, zxcd.cfg and TagASaurus.exe. i've booted in safe mode to get rid of these bastards only for them to reappear. i have symantec antivirus, did a full scan, found some shit and it said it deleted it.  Installed Ad-Aware SE Personal, found some stuff but not able to get rid of all, same with Spy bot search and destroy. and the shit that even pisses me off more is the ads are to antivirus and anti adware software. any help or suggestions would be appreciated. thanks

We Fly High

Re: virus/adware help
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2006, 02:31:55 PM »
i find the best bet is to just back erything up, and just reformat the thing. feels better to have a clean computer anyways.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2006, 02:33:47 PM »
You should DL Avast! Antivirus to replace your current anti virus program

Look around in this forum, very useful

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35

Wild_Elmo

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2006, 02:34:55 PM »
i find the best bet is to just back erything up, and just reformat the thing. feels better to have a clean computer anyways.
that's probably what i'm going to end up doing, but i was hoping that would be the last resort.

Wild_Elmo

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2006, 02:35:27 PM »
thanks javy i'll check out that forum

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2006, 02:40:38 PM »
I had a problem like that before but I called somebody to clean the harddrive...If you know how to clean the hard drive that'll do it or just reboot your computer

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2006, 02:44:18 PM »
How to Get Rid of Adware   

Ideally, you'll keep adware off your PC by being careful about what you download. But if you've already been bitten, try these tips:

To Detect Adware
Open the Windows Task Manager by pressing Ctrl-Alt-Delete. It lists the programs running in the background.

Visit Scumware.com. One of its applets detects Ezula TopText or Spedia SurfPlus.

Use a firewall like ZoneAlarm. It alerts you when any program attempts to send or receive data (such as any personal information) and lets you block or approve each attempt and find out which apps are making the requests.

To Remove the Programs
Open Windows' Control Panel and uninstall the software with the Add/Remove Programs applet.

Check the free Ad-Aware program by LavaSoft. It helps you remove programs installed surreptitiously on your PC.

http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,63345,pg,2,00.asp

Wild_Elmo

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2006, 03:54:43 PM »
using avant to scan for viruses, scanned about 6000 files so far and found 54 infected files. fuck this, i'm gonna back up my shit right now and blow this motherfucker up

Wild_Elmo

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2006, 07:27:35 PM »
you're right justin, it feels good to be fresh