Author Topic: They fucked up the Big Show  (Read 1746 times)

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
Re: They fucked up the Big Show
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2006, 05:50:27 PM »
this thread has been a really good read,
but ther are a couple of things i dont understand
1- why did wcw fuck up brets career, is it the goldberg thing?
2- the thing in 97 wen vince screwed bret, was this a story line or was it a real thing, bret looked pretty shocked?

1. they didnt really do it on purpose; bret's career got messed up wen goldberg accidently kicked him too hard; even if that wudnt have messed up his career though, eventually something would have happened to it because of what Sikotic wrote in the msg above

2. it was real; there are sum ppl that say its a work but with all the events that ave taken place, its nearly impossible for it not to be real.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

rik

« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2006, 05:52:40 PM »
^ so why did Vince fuck him over. I remember watchin that one I stilled watched wrestling then. It was WrestleMania 12 I believe.

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2006, 05:58:37 PM »
^ so why did Vince fuck him over. I remember watchin that one I stilled watched wrestling then. It was WrestleMania 12 I believe.

this part im actually not a 100% sure about
from what ive heard, it was cause bret was leavin for wcw and it would make the wwf look like a bunch of fools for their champion to show up on nitro wit the wf heavyweight champinship

now the only reason im not sure about this is because i read an interview a few days ago where Bret said he didnt wanna lose the belt in Canada and would rather lose it to Shawn at the next PPV which would have been in the US; at first Vince said ok to it, and then the screwjob came. after the screwjob, bret left (i think he asked to be released or something) as well as the Bulldog and Anvil who also asked to be released; Owen wanted to be released but Vince didnt grant him that because he had about 3 years left on his contract and Owen was a kickass heel at that time. this is all according to the interview though, which might have not even been real, but im not sure.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

rik

« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2006, 06:00:19 PM »
^ props on the info.

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2006, 06:06:31 PM »
lol no probz man

daWappla

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Wean! ... oda wos is?
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2006, 06:15:36 PM »

this part im actually not a 100% sure about
from what ive heard, it was cause bret was leavin for wcw and it would make the wwf look like a bunch of fools for their champion to show up on nitro wit the wf heavyweight champinship

now the only reason im not sure about this is because i read an interview a few days ago where Bret said he didnt wanna lose the belt in Canada and would rather lose it to Shawn at the next PPV which would have been in the US; at first Vince said ok to it, and then the screwjob came. after the screwjob, bret left (i think he asked to be released or something) as well as the Bulldog and Anvil who also asked to be released; Owen wanted to be released but Vince didnt grant him that because he had about 3 years left on his contract and Owen was a kickass heel at that time. this is all according to the interview though, which might have not even been real, but im not sure.

To get a little confusion in here I give my version of the story... lol

Bretīs contract was up after SS97... Legally he could have appeared on Nitro the day after Montreal but Bischoff agreed on Bret appearing on Raw just to drop the title to whomever Vince decided... that was the plan in the first place or at least how Bret wanted it to be because, yea, he didnīt want to lose in Canada (or maybe to Micheals - who knows)... so he said that heīd lose it to anyone.. from the Brooklyn Brawler to Pat Patterson lol.. and yeah the rest is history...

rik

« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2006, 06:30:28 PM »
okay let bring something else up involving Bret. Some of yall might know the answer to this.

I remeber a while ago a few year Bret was on MAD TV and he started beating the shit out of a couple of cast members. It seemed pretty real to me because he was talking shit and a couple of the cast looked pretty pisst. Does anyone remeber that and if u do was it real.

daWappla

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Wean! ... oda wos is?
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2006, 07:06:54 PM »
okay let bring something else up involving Bret. Some of yall might know the answer to this.

I remeber a while ago a few year Bret was on MAD TV and he started beating the shit out of a couple of cast members. It seemed pretty real to me because he was talking shit and a couple of the cast looked pretty pisst. Does anyone remeber that and if u do was it real.

Good question... but itīs fake... donīt know how it really started, maybe they had some problems and turned it into an angle... I read once about it but forgot most of it... whatever.. after (?) the initial beatdown William Sasso, who was the victim, came on Nitro and cost Bret the tv title... then a week later they had a match which Bret won... Sasso even appeared on Raw and got stunned by Austin cause he (Sasso) made fun of him.. lol

I try to google for it.. maybe i find the article about the whole story...

rik

« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2006, 08:33:10 PM »
^ thanks. I remmber seeing this a long ass time ago and wondering if it was real cus it seemed pretty real. Not knowing bothered me for a long ass time.

The Watcher

« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2006, 06:03:22 AM »
Bret took the job with WCW before SummerSlam '97 cause he was already pissed with the WWF and he was already scheduled to beat Shawn in the match before informing WWF he wouldnt be re-signing his contract .. once Vince learned about it he asked Bret to drop the title to Shawn, Bret said no, and Vince got PISSED, and thought up the screw job

Vince wouldn't let him leave to WCW and keep the title, how would that look.. the WWF champ turning up to WCW to work? no way Vince was gonna let it happen
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Paul

« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2006, 08:25:19 AM »
this bret v shaun michaels, was this at the gang rules survivor series in 97?
funkyfreshintheflesh

acbaylove

« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2006, 08:55:09 AM »
Bret took the job with WCW before SummerSlam '97 cause he was already pissed with the WWF and he was already scheduled to beat Shawn in the match before informing WWF he wouldnt be re-signing his contract .. once Vince learned about it he asked Bret to drop the title to Shawn, Bret said no, and Vince got PISSED, and thought up the screw job

Vince wouldn't let him leave to WCW and keep the title, how would that look.. the WWF champ turning up to WCW to work? no way Vince was gonna let it happen

Bret wouldn't end his WWF career with a defeat at home.
I think he could have just donated the title to Shawn AFTER the match.
But fuck loosing in you own city.

The Watcher

« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2006, 03:37:51 PM »
^ i have no idea, my brother is the wrestling freak, i just showed him the post and he told me what to type
- celph titled

- joe budden

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "When you come to a fork in the road...Take it"
« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2006, 04:22:14 PM »

Here's the real story of Bret contract situation with WWE before going to WCW. Bret was under a 20 year contract with the WWE & a year or 2 eariler turned down WCW money to resign with WWE.Then in 1997 Vince told Bret that he couldn't compete with Ted's money & that he could no longer afford Bret. So WWE & Bret decided to parts ways & it was in Bret's contract that he would have creative control of his character in the final 30 days of his contract. Thus one of the reasons he said he didn't want to lose the belt to Shawn in Montreal. Owen was supposed to interfere in that match & get Bret DQed. Bret the next night on Raw would then vacant the title & go to WCW.

So the info the Watcher gave is BS. Don't know why you're talking about SummerSlam 97 when that was the PPV they gave Bret the belt when he defeated the Undertaker.

The Watcher

« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2006, 08:06:19 PM »
yeah, i meant survivor series, don't know why i typed summerslam
- celph titled

- joe budden